PDA

View Full Version : new 5.1 preamp with hafler 5.1 matrix

jon1
13-05-2009, 20:09
Just had a new preamp built..designed and built by my mate from scratch..This preamp is hand assembled a lot work has gone it to this preamp..Had up and running last night just stereo...well hope to get it running in my system this week when he gets the front and back plates drilled..Post a bit more when i have give it run out....Here is some pics of the pcb ..for now

jon

jon1
15-05-2009, 17:33
Here is a few more pics of the finished preamp....the drilled hole on the back panel is to adjust the brightness of the blue led...The switch on the front panel is for changing the hafler 5.1 matrix..to the 5.1 from the analogues of a dvd player that can decode hd sound formats..will be fully testing it out this weekend:)...

jon

jon1
17-05-2009, 15:28
Well the pre-amp was delivered last night..setup only took a few minutes...first to try was music from a pop corn hour using a 16 gig usb pen..no moving parts:)..going through stan 7510 fully moderd dac..using the hafler 5.1 matrix..The sound was so clear and the bass was nice and tight..this setup allows me to use the sub..which has not being used for months now..looking good so far..now for the hd dvd player this hook up through analogues...this is the best i have had in my system..and i had stand alone processors..ie tag rotel and all the one box solutions including onkyo..the sound clear and very defined the imaging was fantastic..the best:eyebrows:Had it running all day now playing cds and no dac superb ..this preamp has taking three months in the making from darwing board to my setup ..All i can say it has being worth the wait brad :cool:..Now get that dac sorted out:lolsign:next week will do:eyebrows:

jon