PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for Audio Note Kit 1?

jameswilcox
05-05-2009, 21:44
Hi all,

I have just purchased a s/h AN kit 1 and would welcome some speaker recommendations. I heard the Lovington Horns at the Heathrow hifi show which were excellent, but at 89db are they lacking in sensitivity for the AN?

I have been recommended a pair of Omega Max Hemp, which I am not familiar with, so any views on these welcomed too.

Thanks,

James

aquapiranha
05-05-2009, 21:48
And welcome. do you have the specs for the amp? I know that AN's own speakers are quite sensetive and would do nicely, I am sure too that they would sound great! In fact, most sensetive easy to drive speakers sound great with valves, there a few about. You could also try a full range driver, maybe in a BLH of similar such as I use, I think they sound awesome.

:lol:

Ali Tait
05-05-2009, 21:52
Check out the planet10 and frugalhorn websites.Lots of full-range driver designs.I have a pair of MLTL's with Fostex Fe167e's.Not my main speakers,but they are excellent.Cheap too!

aquapiranha
05-05-2009, 21:55
Indeed Ali. Also, the big Tannoys are fantastic with valves...

Spectral Morn
05-05-2009, 22:07
Hi James

Welcome to AOS enjoy the forum.

When you have some spare time pop into the Welcome section of the forum and say hello to everyone. You might like to tell us what kind of gear you have and what type of music you like ?

What part of the world are you from?

Once again Welcome and enjoy.

Regards D S D L