PDA

View Full Version : Question about power supply design for early released Beresford TC-7520 ?

nb2
29-04-2009, 23:28
Hello,

Like some of you, I bought one of the first released Beresford TC-7520 at the beginning of February.
I asked directly Stanley Beresford by mail about this DAC, and then bought it, it was not yet available on homehifi.co.uk
It came with the first version of the power supply, not the upgraded one, which is now shipped with the DAC.

I may upgrade my power supply.
But I don't know if the TC-7520 itself is now internally modified (to get a better match with the new external power supply for example).

Is anybody aware of, or noticed, differences inside the TC-7520, between those early versions, and the current ones ?

To be clear, if I buy the new TC-7520 power supply when it is available (apparently in May), will I have the same TC-7520 setup than the one which is currently shipped to new customers ?

Any advice for power supply with french 2 pin main lead (I don't think maplin ones apply) is also welcome, especially if it is easily available from France.

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas

Covenant
30-04-2009, 08:07
I am pretty sure there is no internal modification for the new power supply.

trailer
30-04-2009, 08:10
Any advice for power supply with french 2 pin main lead (I don't think maplin ones apply) is also welcome, especially if it is easily available from France.

Not quite sure what you mean but the Maplin PSU lead from the unit to the wall is interchangeable. It's the IEC type.

nb2
30-04-2009, 18:54
I am pretty sure there is no internal modification for the new power supply.
That's what I thought at first.
I asked Stanley Beresford about that out of curiosity.
And he clearly refused to answer "yes" or "no" to this simple question.
So now I'm not sure ...

nb2
30-04-2009, 18:58
Not quite sure what you mean but the Maplin PSU lead from the unit to the wall is interchangeable. It's the IEC type.
I looked at the pictures on maplin website.
It seems to come with a UK power plug.
I can certainly replace it by a french one, but I don't think it is included.

lovejoy
06-05-2009, 11:01
You can feed the 7520 with any supply you can feed the 7510, there is no difference in that respect. As long as you plug between 12 and 15V into the 7520 it will work. The 7520 has evolved from the 7510 in terms of the internal power supply circuit but that does not limit what power supply you can use externally.

Also, Stan's new power supply has a figure 8 type socket, so if a UK plug is no good to you, you can swap it for an European one.