PDA

View Full Version : sound out off synch

the engine
12-05-2013, 10:48
Hi.
I wonder if any of you esteemed folk can offer some advice on this.
I recently bought a new TV and blue ray player with a1 terabyte hard drive for recording.
But I want to use my roksan Kandy 2 stereo amp with it. However when connected either from TV to amp...our blue ray to amp...the sound is out of synch. As the amp is 6 metres away from the TV , and so in all a 12 metre cable length from TV to amp and back to the speakers is involved this would suggest , unlikely I admit , that a slight lag may occur....the opposite however is true. The sound is actually pre ceding the TV speakers !!
I'm well puzzled ??
Cheers , iv.

Dingdong
12-05-2013, 11:57
It won't be down to the length of your cables. The velocity of propagation is still very low.

It is likely down to the video processing taking somewhere around 80mS. What you need to do is find out if there is a setting to delay the audio on your telly or amp.

the engine
12-05-2013, 12:19
Thanks....will do. Haven't found any on the settings yet though.

ninedecks
13-05-2013, 10:31
I have a synch facility on my AV amplifier but have not seen it on a standard blue ray/dvd player and I can say with a certain degree of cetainty that the Roksan Kandy amplifier doesn't have a delay or accelerator facility built into it.:)

Looking at the menu setup for my Sony BDP, there is a section for output from hdmi which can alter from multi channel to stereo. I don't know if that will have the desired effect.

Dingdong
13-05-2013, 20:42
If you can't find a function in your current setup that will do it there are separate boxes that have a programmable delay. Might cost you a few quid though. Have a web search.

Stratmangler
17-05-2013, 09:51
The issue is going to be one of processing speed.
Do you have an external DAC, and does the TV have an optical out?

The way things are set up here is that the link to the DAC is from the TV, so any latent processing delays are removed from the equation.
There are 3 AV devices here (Tivo/BDP/WD TV Live Hub) connected to the TV by HDMI, and there are no synch issues with any device.

If you're unable to connect to a DAC then use the analog audio outouts from the TV.
The 6m connection will not cause any lipsynch problems :)