PDA

View Full Version : Tonal balance on 7520/BM

michaelgb
14-04-2013, 14:31
hi all,
Im considering upgrading my 7520 (already with passive mod) either to a bushmaster or the gator board.
Just wondering how the tonal difference is on the BM in comparison to the 7520 which i somethimes feel is a little balanced towards the top end (although that could be partially down to room acoustics)
Sounds great though.
Cheers
Michael

StanleyB
15-04-2013, 10:53
The TC-7520 has the NE5532 chip which is far from bright.. The Gator and BM would in that case sound even brighter in your system if it is already sounding bright.

MartinT
15-04-2013, 12:36
If the 7520 sounds bright then that is likely to be your system balance. The Bushmaster has even more extended treble and may sound brighter in your system (although in actuality it's very neutral). I would try a Gator first as that drives preamps very well and may restore a little structure to the sound.

michaelgb
15-04-2013, 13:06
Thanks guys, pretty sure its the room acoustics thats influencing my sound,, tried a few more soft furnishings spread around and my problem seems to be solved.
still like to try a gator board instead of the passive mod, sometimes feel the system could do with a bit more balls to the sound.
Currently running some ruark sabres but looking forward to getting my Proac standmounts back who i loaned to a friend,,, the proacs are highly revealing of whatever source is fed into them.

MartinT
15-04-2013, 14:43
sometimes feel the system could do with a bit more balls to the sound.

The Gator will give you exactly that :)