PDA

View Full Version : Si's space-saving system

break-3
07-04-2009, 18:28
Before I experiment with a 1210, I thought I'd post a pic of my system to date. Yes, I know a rickety wooden desk isn't an ideal base on which to mount a turntable, but I'm restricted by severe WAF guidelines. I'm trying to persuade her that a wall-mounted shelf wouldn't look ugly - wish me luck. :eyebrows:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo168/break-3_photos/P1010542small.jpg

Jason P
09-04-2009, 10:28
Love the techno-robot thingy, and the speakers. Looks great.

And I particularly like your choice of vinyl... though I only have it on CD. Beirut are genuine originals and fantastic musicians... can't wait for the new album!

Jason

Spectral Morn
09-04-2009, 12:39
Nice set up Simon.

I like the Robot too, what is it ?

Do you use any further isolation under your Audio Research pre and power ? The reason I ask is that while the Atacama table is good the glass can mess with the sound a bit IMHO. Try some small RDC cones under the pre/power. The P10 would benefit too but I think something compliant might be better. A set of RDC cups under the Roksan would be worth trying too, while you wait permission for your wall shelf.

Regards D S D L

foxysounds
09-04-2009, 15:27
Hi Simon,

I guess I have no problems with WAF here - my wife thinks your valve amp looks beautiful!

Simon.

break-3
09-04-2009, 21:21
The little fella's a ZMP Nuvo - a very sophisticated personal robot, but that's not really saying much. I also have a Sony AIBO and, believe me, despite how amazing the technology is, the result ends up disappointing because it hints at how cool these things can be, but you're faced with a slow, dull robot that won't do as it's told (or do much at all). One day...

Thanks for the thoughts on isolation, Neil. I'll give it a go.

Spectral Morn
09-04-2009, 21:25
No problem Simon

It would be interesting to see what you think about these suggestions, after you try them.

Regards D S D L

break-3
19-04-2009, 11:15
Haven't tried playing with the isolation yet, but I have installed my 1210, and what a difference! Music's suddenly so much more pacey and exciting, or in some cases just not ruined - I couldn't listen to 'First Night' by The Hold Steady on the Roksan, because it sounded so warbly, but the Technics keeps a grip and plays it how it should be played. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with a new PSU... :)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo168/break-3_photos/P1010546small.jpg