PDA

View Full Version : Records and CDs

ListeningEar
25-03-2013, 12:13
Greetings!

I have approx. 5000 items for sale of various types of music most of this is vinyl. There is alot of electronic and dance material as well as Jazz and Classical.

If interested just contact me and I will get an Excel inventory over to you.

johnB
25-03-2013, 19:59
Hi Craig, can you email me a listing please? Cheers John

Jr.boulter@btopenworld.com

Marco
25-03-2013, 20:16
Hi Craig,

Any chance you could copy the details in your inventory onto your thread here (in a series of parts, if necessary)? That way, non-members, browsing the forum, may be tempted to join and contact you, thereby giving you a wider audience to sell to :)

Also, I prefer music to be sold that way, rather than lists being sent out to people. You could start off with listing artists from A-C. Then do C-E, etc, etc. We also need prices and an indication of the condition of the records for sale. A grading system would be good.

Discounts on multiple purchases would also be looked upon favourably. The more effort you put in, the more chance you'll have of selling everything....

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Alex_UK
25-03-2013, 20:23
Or perhaps share the spreadsheet via Googledrive or Skydrive or similar?

Marco
25-03-2013, 20:27
Yup, good idea - although personally I still like to see lists on threads of music for sale, rather than having to go elsewhere to view them :)

I like how Dean sells his music: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22932

That is really how I'd like it done.

Marco.

Alex_UK
25-03-2013, 20:33
I agree Marco - but 5,000 is a LOT of records to list! (Also, if they are in a spreadsheet it might be easier for people to search how they like - for instance, choose to order them by Album Title or Artist or perhaps year - depending on what data Craig has included, of course.)

ListeningEar
25-03-2013, 20:38
I have emailed Excel files to everyone that has requested them, I sell on three major web sites as I need to sell everything as my disability prevents me from managing such a large collection (it was well over 10,000 in number).

I did try to attach a file to the original listing but the file attachment options available are too prohibitive for a file of this nature (you need to allow xls files ;) ).

Any questions, just ask,...I have 100% feedback on all three of the sites referenced above btw.

Marco
25-03-2013, 20:57
I agree Marco - but 5,000 is a LOT of records to list! (Also, if they are in a spreadsheet it might be easier for people to search how they like - for instance, choose to order them by Album Title or Artist or perhaps year - depending on what data Craig has included, of course.)

Yup - I get all that, dude. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to see lists included on the thread concerned. I know that 5000 records is a lot to list, but, as I said, it could be done in parts, over a period of time.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to know exactly what condition any records I may be interested in buying are in, via the use of a grading system, and how much they cost, before I make contact with the seller.

Craig, is that information contained in your inventory? :)

Marco.

ListeningEar
30-03-2013, 20:27
Craig, is that information contained in your inventory? :)

Marco.

I don't have the time or inclination to customise what is a working list specially for this forum I'm afraid, to require several lists to be uploaded separately is ridiculously antiquated,...sorry don't mean to be rude but I only do this part-time and there is really no incentive to do more than I'm doing now (which works very well on three other major web sites).

However, if you look at the Excel list EVERYTHING you need to know is there, artists name, release name, label, cat number, media condition, sleeve condition, format, price, and a backup text description too.

Hope that helps ;)

Best regards,

Craig

myles
30-03-2013, 20:34
Please send the spreadsheet to email address deleted: see below , thanks!

malvai
30-03-2013, 20:46
please send me an excel file too: email address deleted: see below

The Grand Wazoo
30-03-2013, 23:26
Can I take this opportunity to remind folks that publishing your email address on a public part of an internet forum is not a sensible idea, unless you would like to become acquainted (frequently and persistantly) with every scumbag with an idea for a scam.

As such, I've deleted those that have been posted above.
Of course, I'm happy to undo that if you'd prefer.....just let me know!

Can I suggest that you chaps continue these transactions via the private messaging service that AoS thoughtfully provides for such circumstances?

ListeningEar
11-04-2013, 23:18
Good advice ;)

Sorry for any delays in responding, just been super busy. If you do want to see the full list just PM me with your email addy and I will send you a copy no problem.

Best regards,

Craig