PDA

View Full Version : Alan Partridge Movie

Macca
16-03-2013, 12:30
I've probably been living in a cave on the moon but this is the first I have heard of this feature length film which opens in August. Here's a link that included the teaser trailer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9932549/Alan-Partridge-movie-title-announced-as-Alpha-Papa.html

I'm sure opinion is divided on whether he is funny or not but for me Partridge is up there with the great comic characters of history, like Inspector Clouseau, or even Sgt Bilko. Certainly should be worth a look.

The Black Adder
16-03-2013, 14:35
His first and second series's were fantastic but I've been watching the later ones recently on youtube and they are just amusing, not funny. I think he's hanging out with Jeremy Clarkson too much lol.

Saying that, I don't find 'The Office' or Mrs. Brown or Miranda funny. I'm an olde skool style comedy man... love Black adder (obviously), Bottom, Young Ones I could go on.

Regarding the trailer...

That was funny! That's all though.

.mus
16-03-2013, 16:08
I'm very much looking forward to this.

Last year's 'autobiography' was absolutely hilarious - if you like Partridge and you're not familiar with it, do yourself a favour and grab the audiobook (better to hear Coogan delivering the lines). So if the movie continues in the same vein then I expect I'll find it very funny indeed.