PDA

View Full Version : linn system

jon1
28-03-2009, 17:35
Hi mike did you demo the linn system today in sunny ga?:)

jon

Mike
28-03-2009, 18:07
Nope, didn't have time... I've been bulldozing my room to make space for some new arrivals.

Once I've got my breath back I'm off to pick them up. I'll pop some pics in the gallery later... :)

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
28-03-2009, 19:37
Hi Mike

Is the reference to the Linn system, where I have been this afternoon?

If it was then believe me it is a most fine sounding rig, fully active Bricks in a very large room.

I must admit in the past I have never been a fan of Linn gear, but this rig I can get on with very well and very much enjoy. I don't think I will be buying in to Linn but Richards' rig is great.

Andy - SDDW

Mike
28-03-2009, 21:13
Hi Mike

Is the reference to the Linn system, where I have been this afternoon?

Indeed it is Andy! :)

Jon lives in Great Ayton by the way. ;)

jon1
28-03-2009, 22:03
Indeed it is Andy! :)

Jon lives in Great Ayton by the way. ;)

Small world mike:)

jon

28-03-2009, 22:17
We'll have to get together sometime, always good to meet other AoS members.

Andy - SDDW

jon1
29-03-2009, 08:25
We'll have to get together sometime, always good to meet other AoS members.

Andy - SDDW

No problem with that andy...mind you i come from a home cinema back ground...;)

jon

29-03-2009, 09:39
Hi Jon1

No problems with that, should be interesting. The guy with the Linn system in Ayton is also in to his AV and has what I would call an extreamly good AV rig too. Projector and big screen, the Bricks run the front end and a full remaining 7.1 system.

Andy - SDDW

jon1
29-03-2009, 13:01
Hi Jon1

No problems with that, should be interesting. The guy with the Linn system in Ayton is also in to his AV and has what I would call an extremely good AV rig too. Projector and big screen, the Bricks run the front end and a full remaining 7.1 system.

Andy - SDDW

Nice to know...and close on the doorstep..At this moment in time i will be getting a 5.1..preamp built..incorporating some of the audiophile qualities in to my system..and let the dvd player do the decoding..just in the process in selling my pj never used it in ages..had a 52" lcd tv in my room for a year now..You need a big room to run a 7.1 system..a small room is no good the sound from the back speakers get defused with being that close together..Andy i have all the one box solutions....in my room ie tag ..rotel name just a few and what lets them down i the preamps that are built in them ;)

jon

29-03-2009, 13:22
Hi Jon

Seems like an interesting system you have, who is building the Pre for you?
The guy in Ayton with the 7.1 rig has a room that is easily 20' x 35' so from what you say that is probably why the 7.1 seems to work so well. He's a nice guy and is always willing to let others get a listen to his rig, be it Full Monty 2 channel or the 7.1

Good luck with the new pre, let us know how you get on with it and the advantages it gives over the, as you say, one box solutions.

You are of course more than welcome to drop by sunny (at least it is right now - could change in seconds though) Redcar.

Take care and enjoy

Andy - SDDW

jon1
29-03-2009, 13:42
Hi Jon

Seems like an interesting system you have, who is building the Pre for you?
The guy in Ayton with the 7.1 rig has a room that is easily 20' x 35' so from what you say that is probably why the 7.1 seems to work so well. He's a nice guy and is always willing to let others get a listen to his rig, be it Full Monty 2 channel or the 7.1

Good luck with the new pre, let us know how you get on with it and the advantages it gives over the, as you say, one box solutions.

You are of course more than welcome to drop by sunny (at least it is right now - could change in seconds though) Redcar.

Take care and enjoy

Andy - SDDW

Andy do you get meny donkeys on the beach in summer?:)..If so how much is it for a ride?:eyebrows:

jon

jon1
29-03-2009, 13:52
Hi Jon

Seems like an interesting system you have, who is building the Price for you?

Take care and enjoy

Andy - SDDW

Andy a mate of mine builds all my amps ..and has designed the preamp from the ground up ..just waiting for the pcb boards ..very handy to know .modderd the tc 7510..in a couple of hours...went a different way on some of the mod ....he is a electronics engineer..spend few years in rd ..

jon