PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for the absolute worst movie ever.

goraman
19-02-2013, 03:46
I nominate Super Cyclone as the king of all turkeys.
I can't believe in the year 2013 with all Hollywoods experience such a turd could have made it to distribution. :doh:

synsei
19-02-2013, 06:05
Armageddon would probably come close to the top of my list along with Con Air. In the interest of Anglo-US relations I'd really rather not explain why Jeff :cool:

Now, to redress the balance a little, one of my all time favourite movies is Lord Of War starring that well known Hollywood fruitcake, Nicholas Cage. I often wonder whether they keep Nic in a cage between takes... :D I'm also quite fond of the Gone in 60 Seconds remake starring Cage too.

Gromit
19-02-2013, 08:21
Steve Martin's 'Pink Panther'.

Bought the dvd some time ago, one hour into the film it was ejected and thrown in the bin.

The Grand Wazoo
19-02-2013, 08:29
Whoopee - there goes your 1,000th post, Mr Gromit!

goraman
19-02-2013, 08:32
So far Super Cyclone is worse than all those,even Steve Martin's Pink Panther and that was pretty bad.

Macca
19-02-2013, 08:34
Steve Martin's 'Pink Panther'.

Bought the dvd some time ago, one hour into the film it was ejected and thrown in the bin.

If it wasn't for Bowfinger I would chuck Steve Martin in the bin as well. Anyone familiar with his Sargeant Bilko effort? Someone should have done jail time for that unforgivable pile of shite.

Gromit
19-02-2013, 08:49
Whoopee - there goes your 1,000th post, Mr Gromit!

Why thankwe kind sir. :)

Gromit
19-02-2013, 08:52
If it wasn't for Bowfinger I would chuck Steve Martin in the bin as well. Anyone familiar with his Sargeant Bilko effort? Someone should have done jail time for that unforgivable pile of shite.

Indeed - an insult to the comedy genius that was Phil Silvers and of course Mr Peter Sellers.

I've liked some of Steve Martin's stuff - some of it quite funny. Always thought Roxanne was a gently amusing film and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was good fun too in its own way (helped by Michael Caine of course).

Marco
19-02-2013, 08:58
Any of the witless and utterly banal 'rom-coms', favoured by the brainless (usually female) of our species, particularly the American variety, which takes brain dead banality to a whole new level! :mental:

'Funny', in the traditional sense, they are NOT!

Marco.

chris@panteg
19-02-2013, 09:14
Some truly rotten movies I agree but the daddy of them all is still Plan 9 from outer space !

Though it's so bad it's actually rather funny . Ed Wood , what a legend .

UV101
19-02-2013, 11:15
I nominate "Frozen"

Its cast of 3 stuck in a chair lift for over an hour was just too much excitement for me........utter garbage!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323045/

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc5MTg0ODgxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEzOTYwMw@@._ V1_SX214_.jpg

Canetoad
19-02-2013, 11:40
Couldn't stand Steve Martin in The Jerk either!

Another horrible film was The Avengers with Sean Connery as the bad guy. It was dire! I've only seen the first 30 minutes or so. Couldn't watch anymore!

prestonchipfryer
19-02-2013, 12:53
I'm glad not the only who do not like Steve Martin. What a bore

synsei
19-02-2013, 13:27
Some truly rotten movies I agree but the daddy of them all is still Plan 9 from outer space !

Though it's so bad it's actually rather funny . Ed Wood , what a legend .

If you haven't seen Ed Wood staring Martin Landau Chris you really should, an excellent, amusing and ultimately rather touching biopic of the great man himself ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

myles
19-02-2013, 13:31
Battlefield: Earth. John Travolta as an alien. Blatant recruitment to a cult going on right there.

synsei
19-02-2013, 13:34
I always wondered whether Travolta borrowed his crazy boot/stilt things from Elton John :lol:

Macca
19-02-2013, 13:42
Battlefield: Earth. John Travolta as an alien. Blatant recruitment to a cult going on right there.

Yeah that is bad. I couldn't make it all the way through, always the sign of a truly shite film.

Here are a few films I cannot abide but which are considered really good by 'most' people:

ET The Extra Terrestrial
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Terminator 2 (if I hadn't been at the cinema with some friends I would have walked out on this one before the end too. Boring, very predictable and too long).

freefallrob
19-02-2013, 15:07
Dogma - painful to sit through, if I wasn't with the 'then' girlfriend etc I would have walked out.

Haven't seen it since, maybe I should?

jostber
19-02-2013, 16:05
This is my nomination: "Suicide Force" from 1982. It scores high on all points regarding what makes a movie really bad. Saw it some years ago and will need some therapy to forget this one.

http://trashy-filipino-war-movies.blogspot.no/2009/01/suicide-force.html

freefallrob
19-02-2013, 16:36
BloodMonkey - I was unlucky enough to see this on TV a few years ago, shocking with English accents.....

synsei
19-02-2013, 16:43
Dogma - painful to sit through, if I wasn't with the 'then' girlfriend etc I would have walked out.

You owe it to yourself not to Rob, a truly anal film in all respects :rolleyes:

realysm42
19-02-2013, 17:25
Birdemic

/end of thread

synsei
19-02-2013, 17:27
Drop Dead Fred :spew:

goraman
19-02-2013, 17:53
S.C. is so bad it makes no sense.
The super storm is so strong it picks up a battle ship out of the water and sends it flying but no ones hair is blowing or moving.
It's raining fire and behind them it's sunny and over the whole storm birds are chirping in the back ground.And they actually stop the storm instantly with liquid nitrogen!
After it rains oil and fire in large fields nothing is burning the birds are singing.
The whole movie is an insult to even the village idiots intelligence.
There are so meany attempts at adding drama through bad acting I lost count right away. Sub par actors who should be busing tables in a 3rd rate family buffet.
Huge attempts at looking brainy (I can stop the storm through my nano technology research. )
Super Cyclone is a modern day FAIL.

synsei
19-02-2013, 17:57
Sounds like a normal day where I live Jeff... hehe

Dingdong
19-02-2013, 18:41
Grease 2.

p.s. I quite liked Dogma.

synsei
19-02-2013, 18:55
Be honest, it was Alanis Morrisette cartwheeling onto the screen as Mrs God that did it for you, wasn't it? :ner:

Dingdong
19-02-2013, 19:10
Be honest, it was Alanis Morrisette cartwheeling onto the screen as Mrs God that did it for you, wasn't it? :ner:

Nope, it was the angels with no dicks. :eyebrows:

daytona600
19-02-2013, 19:11
any chick flick

Barry
19-02-2013, 19:22

Yes you should - one of the most though provoking and enjoyable films I have seen for a while.

For my part, anything using the Dogme 'school' of filmaking, such as "Dancer in the Dark".

chris@panteg
19-02-2013, 19:35
If you haven't seen Ed Wood staring Martin Landau Chris you really should, an excellent, amusing and ultimately rather touching biopic of the great man himself ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

I know it well Dave :) I did have it on NTSC laserdisc at one time , love it .

Markiii
19-02-2013, 19:39
DOA utter crap

Though it redeems itself by holly valance and friends in bikinis

Virkon
19-02-2013, 22:47
It was on the other night, 'Kiss The Girls' how Morgan got involved with that :scratch:

DiveDeepDog
23-02-2013, 23:33
Stop or my Momma will shoot:doh:

johnB
24-02-2013, 00:34
My nomination goes to "Stuck On You"
Stuck on You is a 2003 comedy film directed by the Farrelly brothers and starring Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear as conjoined twins, whose conflicting aspirations provide both conflict and humorous situations, in particular when one of them wishes to move to Hollywood, California to pursue a career as an actor.

BAD.

John

Tarzan
25-02-2013, 07:25
Any of the witless and utterly banal 'rom-coms', favoured by the brainless (usually female) of our species, particularly the American variety, which takes brain dead banality to a whole new level! :mental:

'Funny', in the traditional sense, they are NOT!

Marco.

l would also like to nominate 'The Business' with Danny Dyer absolutely shockingly bad- to the point l thought it was a spoof.

Martinh
25-02-2013, 07:37
Sherlock Holmes: A game of shadows.

Not necessarily the worst film ever - as an all action film, its probably ok?

But, as a Sherlock Holmes film, it truly sucks!

Sherlock is all about how the man uses his exceptional skills of logic and deduction to solve crimes. It's not about running about, beating the crap out of everyone that gets in his way. If you've ever read the books, you'll know what I mean.

The BBC series with Bendict Cumberbatch got it just about right, I reckon. This film is just the pits!

Cheers,

MartinT
25-02-2013, 07:47
Worst films I have actually seen: Plan 9 from Outer Space (goes without saying) and Hercules in New York (so utterly dire it's actually funny for about 5 minutes).

Most awful 'homage' to an original series: The Saint (throw away the books and focus on only one aspect: Simon Templar's ability to disguise himself), The Avengers (oh dear no) and Thunderbirds (Jonathan Frakes should have been taken round the back for that effort).

Worst recent film: Battleship (I haven't the words).

Macca
25-02-2013, 10:11
Maybe not the worst thing ever but still up there is Star Trek 3 - The Search for Spock. Number 5 is pretty bad as well. And what about Freejack? anyone recall that? Tony Hopkins can't save it, Mick Jagger buries it.

synsei
25-02-2013, 10:23
I can tolerate Search For Spock as the storyline follows on from Wrath Of Khan, which is the best of the franchise IMHO. Undiscovered Country (No5) is a complete disaster however and quite embarrassing to watch in places. Freejack. Now there's a film I haven't watched in a very long time. You are right Martin, it is dire... :lol:

Canetoad
25-02-2013, 12:04
l would also like to nominate 'The Business' with Danny Dyer absolutely shockingly bad- to the point l thought it was a spoof.

The sound track is great though! :eyebrows:

Stuart f
25-02-2013, 20:37
Bridesmaids. I sat through the whole film waiting for something funny to happen. Then it ended thankfully. Two hours of my life I will never get back.

Tim
25-02-2013, 21:05

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY0MjEyODQzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTczMjQ4Mg@@._ V1_SX214_.jpg

Without doubt the most abysmal film I can ever remember seeing, absolute tripe, shockingly bad beyond belief . . . . this guys sums it up very well indeed: An insult to human intelligence (http://www.imdb.com/user/ur6233780/comments)

Marco
26-02-2013, 13:40
Bridesmaids. I sat through the whole film waiting for something funny to happen. Then it ended thankfully. Two hours of my life I will never get back.

I'd have thought that the title would've given it away! Sounds like boring shite. What did you expect to find funny...? Now, if it had been 'Horny Bridesmaids Do Donkeys', that might've been a different matter!! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Macca
26-02-2013, 13:44
The Wicker Man remake with whatisname from National Treasure. Oh and National Treasure.

synsei
26-02-2013, 13:57

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY0MjEyODQzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTczMjQ4Mg@@._ V1_SX214_.jpg

Without doubt the most abysmal film I can ever remember seeing, absolute tripe, shockingly bad beyond belief . . . . this guys sums it up very well indeed: An insult to human intelligence (http://www.imdb.com/user/ur6233780/comments)

+1

hal55
27-02-2013, 01:14
Jennifer Garlands "Catch and release". Absolute proof of why guys hate chick flicks.

Hal55

offthewall
06-03-2013, 17:12
Bad Teacher. More fool me for watching it.

stevekr
11-03-2013, 17:01
'Prometheus', I was really looking forward to this film when it came out but the plot was awful. Great cinematography tho'.

MartinT
11-03-2013, 18:57
Nooooooooo! I love Prometheus and watched it a second time on Blu-ray just the other week. Goes to show how personal films are :)

By the way, you really have to read Ridley Scott's explanation of the Prometheus story and how it links in with Alien. Everything then clicks into place!

Marco
11-03-2013, 19:09
Bad Teacher. More fool me for watching it.

Was there any spanking of scantily-clad schoolgirls?

Marco.

Theotherlarryb
06-04-2013, 19:07
+1 on the Wicker Man remake with Nicholas Cage. Not just a shockingly bad movie in its own right, but a complete massacre of an all-time classic. And no Britt Ekland either!

Someone once tried to tell me there is a "Nicholas Cage" rule whereby the quality of the film is directly correlated to the length of his hair. Long hair = bad film, short hair = good film. Unfortunately this rule is entirely disproven by Con Air (long) the Wicker Man (short). Both complete drivel.

daytona600
07-04-2013, 01:56
playing the soundtrack to wickerman on vinyl right now

losenotaminute
07-04-2013, 19:25
+1 on the Wicker Man remake with Nicholas Cage. Not just a shockingly bad movie in its own right, but a complete massacre of an all-time classic. And no Britt Ekland either!

Someone once tried to tell me there is a "Nicholas Cage" rule whereby the quality of the film is directly correlated to the length of his hair. Long hair = bad film, short hair = good film. Unfortunately this rule is entirely disproven by Con Air (long) the Wicker Man (short). Both complete drivel.

My rule of thumb for Nicolas Cage films is that if he is in them, they stink.

Face/Off is my nomination for the worst film that I seen. Thankfully I have avoided the remake of the Wicker Man.

skimminstones
07-04-2013, 19:36
pretty much any film the SyFy channel show

MartinT
07-04-2013, 20:11
pretty much any film the SyFy channel show

They do seem to have a corner on seriously rubbish straight-to-video fodder.

Andrei
08-04-2013, 01:37
The difficulty with answering this post is that almost by definition one cannot give an answer to an unmemorable event. I have this recollection, back in the 70s when I was a lad of attending the cinema (or bi-scope as it was known in my domain) where a Western movie was shown and characters kind of 'ghosted around'. I think the intended effect was "mysteriousness" but the actual effect, at least on me, was a combination of impatience and boredom - and so I let the theater about one hour into the show. The movie included American Indians and maybe Steve Newman or Paul sry - Steve the Queen or Paul Newman.

steviej233
10-04-2013, 12:50
Here are a few:

Birddemic
Megashark vs Giant Octopus
Keith Lemon Film
Deep Blue Sea
Chronicles of Riddick

I am sure there are a few more that are just so painful that i have had to simply remove them from my memory.

MartinT
10-04-2013, 14:37
Chronicles of Riddick

As an (admittedly inferior) follow up to Pitch Black*, I rather liked it.

*is the opening of Pitch Black the greatest spaceship crash ever? Just brilliant!

MCRU
10-04-2013, 21:52
Donny Darco

RichB
11-04-2013, 07:28
The Get Carter remake with Sly Stallone.

An insult the fantastic and gritty original filmed in my own city. And the soundtrack on the original is also amazing.

Canetoad
11-04-2013, 14:35

*is the opening of Pitch Black the greatest spaceship crash ever? Just brilliant!

I must admit I have a bit of a soft spot for both movies Martin. Pitch Black was excellent! Chronicles I thought was very enjoyable. :)

Alex_UK
11-04-2013, 18:49

An insult the fantastic and gritty original filmed in my own city. And the soundtrack on the original is also amazing.

I won't watch it out of principal - the original is a true classic that should never have been insulted with by a remake IMHO... :steam:

Rowlf
12-04-2013, 18:49
Worst one I have seen in the last 3 years, "Paul". It tried too hard to be funny.

I was working for the production company at that time and was thinking "we didn't just wasted money on this shit".

I have the complimentary DVD that is still in wrappers. Happy to give it free if you pay postage. Anyone interested can PM me.

synsei
12-04-2013, 22:43
Paul is epic I loved it, but then I would ;)

The Black Adder
13-04-2013, 08:02
The Sweeney - The latest one.

What a pile of w@nk.. I'm a great fan of the original and this should have been left sacred. The new movie I thought wasn't a patch on even one episode of the original, it was linear and must have had a budget of £3.50 + £8,000,000 for the cast fees.

Did I mention a plot?.. No?.. that's ok then.

The Black Adder
13-04-2013, 08:05

+1 - Utter GASH!

The Wicker Man remake with whatisname from National Treasure. Oh and National Treasure.

+1 For The Wicker Man.. One of my all time favorites.. The re-make was pathetic.

+1 National Treasure. How?... How the hell did that movie get made?

Alex_UK
13-04-2013, 08:07
As we're mentioning dodgy remakes, and sorry if it has been mentioned already - The Italian Job - how f****** dare you remake that classic, you bunch of toss-pots!

The Black Adder
13-04-2013, 08:14
As we're mentioning dodgy remakes, and sorry if it has been mentioned already - The Italian Job - how f****** dare you remake that classic, you bunch of toss-pots!

YAY... You beat me to it... Totally agree there. It was for the American market mate, need I say any more?

Same with The Wicker Man, the american edit was awful. Weirdly enough though it was a group of american students (I think) that got it's 'cult' status back!

The original cut is under the M3 somewhere I think...

But yes, The Italian Job simply shouldn't have been made... and then they made a second one to it..!? :scratch:

MartinT
13-04-2013, 13:46
The best remake I can think of was the Clooney Solaris. Even better than the Tarkovsky original and deeply unsettling.

johnB
13-04-2013, 17:53
Deep Blue Sea

Come on, what's not to like about highly intelligent sharks genetically mutated through Alzheimer's research.....all this and LL Cool J as an ex-minister who has lost his faith and is now a cook at a secret research station:)

synsei
13-04-2013, 18:54
Sounds totally plausible to me, but then I am utterly bonkers... :lol:

twickers
13-04-2013, 20:31
The Sweeney - The latest one.

What a pile of w@nk.. I'm a great fan of the original and this should have been left sacred. The new movie I thought wasn't a patch on even one episode of the original, it was linear and must have had a budget of £3.50 + £8,000,000 for the cast fees.

Did I mention a plot?.. No?.. that's ok then.

+1

goraman
14-04-2013, 06:09
The best remake I can think of was the Clooney Solaris. Even better than the Tarkovsky original and deeply unsettling.

The best remake is Devdas,the black and white original was so bad I didn't understand how it could have come from such a great novel but the remake was so stellar and shot in kodachrome making the film eye candy as well.

A horrible film to watch, but artfully done was Requiem for a dream.
Freakishly disturbing, far worse than The Magic Christian with Ringo Star and Peter Sellers, and I thought that was a little odd!
But there was a few good laughs, R.F.A.D. was just revolting and gut wrenching on top of just being odd as Hell.

Here is one of the brothel seines from Davdas, Madhuri dressed in traditional Hindu clothing and jewelry as worn in 1910 when the novel was written.
She will preform the story of Rama and Sita in both song and classical Hindu/Muslum dance called Kathak). (In Kathak dance even the facial expressions and smallest moves must be graceful and perfectly executed.)
Look at the sets, costumes and jewelry as this was one of the most expensive movies ever made.
Clothing design teams from East and West, money was no object in the making of this film.
I just wish this video of it was not so grainy.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrZr8c-xRY

BTW: This was her last film before she had her baby and some say she was well into her 5th month when this movie was being made.
Unlike most Bollywood actresses she is not a 20 something here but still is a top actress, born in 1967 she started acting in 1984 in her late teens and before that she was already a well known Kathak dancer. Devdas was remade in 2002.
Here is her story an amazing woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhuri_Dixit

Barry
14-04-2013, 20:36

The Clooney remake wasn't bad, but Tarkovsky's version was closer to the book and better filmed - it just looked better.

However, the Clooney version did bring out some aspects of the book that weren't covered by Tarkovsky.

MartinT
14-04-2013, 21:56
A horrible film to watch, but artfully done was Requiem for a dream.

I have it on DVD and it is, as you say, very hard to watch.

Gmanuk101
15-04-2013, 11:43
Waterworld, utter sheeyite

AlexM
28-04-2013, 16:34
Waterworld, utter sheeyite

+1 what a turkey!

DanJennings
28-04-2013, 16:55
I love a lot of the films getting slagged off here I'm afraid,

Dogma, Face/Off, Prometheus, Paul was OK

Some of the worst films I have ever seen:

Silent Hill (awful video game adaptation)
I completely agree with the Nic Cage version of the Wicker Man
An American Haunting
House On Haunted Hill
Scary Movie 5

gariusmacus
28-04-2013, 17:04
The American re-make of the Ladykillers,
whoever was responsible for that should be taken out into the Mohave desert and have their dangly bits cut off with a rusty saw !

synsei
28-04-2013, 17:30
Silent Hill (awful video game adaptation)

It is a shame that the film didn't live up to its billing, however the game is bloody brilliant. It is the only game I've played which manages to instil a real sense of fear and doom, an absolute classic, as is the original Tomb Raider game.

lovejoy
29-04-2013, 14:58
Donny Darko is a great film, with an excellent soundtrack I might add.

My all time worst films:
Batman and Robin (I'm amazed George Clooney got any work after that)
So I married an axe murderer (Mike Myers practising his Scottish accent for Shrek - PAINFUL)
Meet the Parents (So predictable, I was mouthing the punchlines having never even seen it before). I've not bothered with any of the sequels
Lost in Space - Not seen much of Matt Le Blanc since
Battleship - HOW DID THAT ALIEN GET ON THE SHIP? I think a load of that film got edited because there weren't enough explosions in the scenes that were obviously cut, making the story truly incomprehensible (and rubbish anyway)

But my prize goes to:
Final Approach - A film about a test pilot who'd had some unexplained accident(?) in a secret plane. The entire film was shot in the debriefing office and is a dialogue between him trying to piece things together and a thoroughly annoying psychologist. No budget, no explanation, terrible script and thoroughly irritating performances.

AlexM
29-04-2013, 17:44
Star Trek IV was utter tripe. There was a scene with Kirk, Spock and McCoy singing "row,row,row you blat gently down the stream" that was utterly cringe making. I remember my wife shooting me a look that said that I .wouldn't be getting any sex for quite a while for wasting her Saturday night. I felt properly embarrassed to be there experiencing it.

Cheers,
Alex

pjdowns
05-05-2013, 19:14
My nomination goes to "Stuck On You"
Stuck on You is a 2003 comedy film directed by the Farrelly brothers and starring Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear as conjoined twins, whose conflicting aspirations provide both conflict and humorous situations, in particular when one of them wishes to move to Hollywood, California to pursue a career as an actor.

BAD.

John

+1 total an utter pile of poo!

Not sure I'd agree with Con Air or National Treasure, both of which I quite liked!

For me the worst film has to be 'Jack & Jill' with Adam Sandler, not only a crap film but also really irritating, so pants with a capital P.

synsei
05-05-2013, 20:45
I find all Adam Sandler movies irritating, except Little Nicky which is only mildly irritating... :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
05-05-2013, 21:18
I find all Adam Sandler movies irritating

Generally, I'd agree - but not quite as bad as Jim Carey - now he seriously gets on my tits!

synsei
05-05-2013, 21:26
Generally, I'd agree - but not quite as bad as Jim Carey - now he seriously gets on my tits!

+1 ;)

synsei
05-05-2013, 21:33
Robin Williams is a damned fine actor when he is given a serious role. I first came across his work in the film Awakenings where he plays a doctor who discovers that giving Dopamine to Parkinson's patients improves their quality of life. Of course he has gone on to do other excellent work. I watched Insomnia last week which stars Williams, Al Pacino and Hilary Swank. A fine movie that... :)

Macca
06-05-2013, 13:07
But my prize goes to:
Final Approach - A film about a test pilot who'd had some unexplained accident(?) in a secret plane. The entire film was shot in the debriefing office and is a dialogue between him trying to piece things together and a thoroughly annoying psychologist. No budget, no explanation, terrible script and thoroughly irritating performances.

Really? It's not a bad little film and it is really just a screened stage play. Stars Lieutenant Howard Hunter from 'Hill Street Blues' IIRC.

It's better than anything Adam Sandler's ever done, anyway :)

lovejoy
10-05-2013, 09:29
Really? It's not a bad little film and it is really just a screened stage play. Stars Lieutenant Howard Hunter from 'Hill Street Blues' IIRC.

It's better than anything Adam Sandler's ever done, anyway :)

Nothing wrong with The Wedding Singer, or is that just my 80's music nostalgia making it seem better than it was? Nope, it's definitely better than Final Approach.

Macca
10-05-2013, 22:01
Nothing wrong with The Wedding Singer, or is that just my 80's music nostalgia making it seem better than it was? Nope, it's definitely better than Final Approach.

Eighties nostalgia is a strong drug - be careful with that! I should know ;)- we are comparing bad apples with bad oranges - lets just say that neither of them is Hollywood's finest hour.

pjdowns
11-05-2013, 16:39

I find both Adam Sandler and Jim Carey films vary significantly from film to film.

For instance 'The Mask' is a great film, but 'Cable Guy' is pants.

'Little Nicky' is also a great film but 'Jack & Jill' is atrocious!

I suspect it is like anything, these actors need/want the money so when a film project comes along they take it!

lovejoy
20-05-2013, 14:04
The Mask was a film that was made for Jim Carey's elastic face, but to be fair to him, he has had a few VERY good films too, where he's not pulling faces:

The Truman Show
Man on the Moon
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Man on the Moon in particular is a stonking film.

pjdowns
20-05-2013, 20:33
The Mask was a film that was made for Jim Carey's elastic face, but to be fair to him, he has had a few VERY good films too, where he's not pulling faces:

The Truman Show
Man on the Moon
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Man on the Moon in particular is a stonking film.

It shows how much people differ in their tastes as I have never liked The Truman Show or Man on the Moon.

I'll look out for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and see whether I get on with that :)

P.

pjdowns
02-08-2013, 14:11
Funny People.

Total and utter shite!!!!!!!!

zygote23
06-08-2013, 09:34
Only God Forgives - The absolute worst of the worst. No dialogue, cardboard acting, overly pink hue to anything that doesn't have an overly dark hue. The storyline is tenuous to say the least.....all in all an hour or so of my life wasted!

synsei
06-08-2013, 16:22
Funny People.

Total and utter shite!!!!!!!!

I guess they weren't very funny then... :D

pjdowns
07-08-2013, 15:08
I guess they weren't very funny then... :D

Yah think :lol:

Nihil Sleighride
15-08-2013, 18:48
Heat and Dust. Dire Merchant Ivory

pjdowns
24-08-2013, 16:49
Jack and Jill. Total and utter tosh... an Adam Sandler fest and not a good one either!

synsei
24-08-2013, 16:53
Jack and Jill. Total and utter tosh... an Adam Sandler fest and not a good one either!

Didn't they go up the hill to fetch a pail of water or somet? Jack, clumsy oaf that he is, fell and broke his head (he says crown but he always did have dellusions of grandeur). Jill, who is no medical genius, tried fixing it with vinegar and brown paper, silly moo. She'll never pass her St John's Ambulance first aid exam :D

pjdowns
24-08-2013, 18:22
Didn't they go up the hill to fetch a pail of water or somet? Jack, clumsy oaf that he is, fell and broke his head (he says crown but he always did have dellusions of grandeur). Jill, who is no medical genius, tried fixing it with vinegar and brown paper, silly moo. She'll never pass her St John's Ambulance first aid exam :D

:lolsign:

struth
25-08-2013, 11:16
thought the best Carey film by far was Me, Myself and Irene.....

next best probably Truman show although that type of humour is generally not high on my list...

as for Adam Sandler, I did like Little Nicky...top film.

pjdowns
26-08-2013, 10:27
thought the best Carey film by far was Me, Myself and Irene.....

next best probably Truman show although that type of humour is generally not high on my list...

as for Adam Sandler, I did like Little Nicky...top film.

Agree Me, Myself and Irene and Little Nicky are great films but have to say that I've never got on with the Truman show!

jollyfix
26-08-2013, 12:01
Little Nicky for me has to be one of the worst films i have ever seen, and as for Jim Carey......

synsei
26-08-2013, 12:33
I think The Truman Show is a very clever movie which has a great deal to say about our voyeuristic tendencies and the TV shows which pander to them. I even thought Carey did a pretty decent job although it would probably have benefited from having a more high brow actor in the staring role.

pjdowns
26-08-2013, 20:05
I think The Truman Show is a very clever movie

Makes sense why I don't get on with the film :lol: :D

Canetoad
27-08-2013, 06:47
Twilight! What an absolutely dire chick flick! Vampires that sparkle like diamonds in sunlight. Give me a break!

slate
27-08-2013, 06:59

Agreed, all though when watching the crash I am being distracted by the iris in my projector hard at Work because of the strobe.

Oh and I just love Dogma... brilliant

Some candidates:
- Skyline
- Battleship

No matter how cringeworthy still much better than the following. The actors in these must be desperate to pay of their debt to the mafia
- Blast Vegas by far the worst, low budget, not even trying
- Atlantic Rim a Pacific Rim ripoff, stopped it after 2 minutes

pjdowns
27-08-2013, 18:58
Twilight! What an absolutely dire chick flick! Vampires that sparkle like diamonds in sunlight. Give me a break!

I agree 100% :)

Andrei
30-08-2013, 07:54

Drivel like Twilight tells me that we need a new rating scheme. Forget about 'R' = Restricted or 'PG' = Parental Guidance. What we really need is '>70' = You must have IQ 70 or less to enjoy.

MartinT
30-08-2013, 14:37
What we really need is '>70' = You must have IQ 70 or less to enjoy.

Shouldn't that be <70? Or did I fail the IQ test?

bobbasrah
30-08-2013, 15:01
Shouldn't that be <70? Or did I fail the IQ test?

Yes :D:ner:

pjdowns
30-08-2013, 21:52
Drivel like Twilight tells me that we need a new rating scheme. Forget about 'R' = Restricted or 'PG' = Parental Guidance. What we really need is '>70' = You must have IQ 70 or less to enjoy.

So, so true LOL :rfl:

Clive197
15-09-2013, 16:21
"The Great Gatsby" (latest version)

pjdowns
17-09-2013, 21:15
"The Great Gatsby" (latest version)

Haven't seen it Clive but I'm sure it is nothing like or as good as the original!

PaulStewart
07-11-2013, 00:44
Anything with Steve Cogan or Hugh Grant

MartinT
07-11-2013, 07:53
Anything with Steve Cogan

One reason (there are many) why I won't be seeing Philomena. I cannot abide Coogan in any role.