Marco
07-02-2013, 10:13
Thought this might be useful for those of you who don't know of it already:

http://www.perfectsound.co.uk/store/3/

:)

Marco.

stewartwen
07-02-2013, 11:13
Thank you for the link Marco, I had it some time ago and lost it...........
S

Wakefield Turntables
07-02-2013, 11:35
I've used here guys before and they provide a great service :thumbsup:

DSJR
07-02-2013, 13:11
Sadly, the Garrard's I often need parts for aren't catered for here :( Adam at west St services in New York? usually has most of what I've needed.......

DiveDeepDog
08-02-2013, 00:14
Any idea where I can get a name plate from for a raised strobe 401?

Perfect sound don't do them, a local engraver wants £50+ vat:doh:

Audioman
08-02-2013, 12:51
Any idea where I can get a name plate from for a raised strobe 401?

Perfect sound don't do them, a local engraver wants £50+ vat:doh:

I assume you mean control plate around the knobs and not just the Garrard name ?

There use to be a seller on Ebay and I'm sure the defunct Slatedeck company offered them. They probably came from Japan. If an engraver can replicate that for £50 + VAT (which I doubt) that is a very good deal. Think there is a business opportunity in producing these as most 401's are useless for a satisfactory restoration project without replacing or restoring the front plate and knobs. I would suggest contacting Audio Grail as they may have some source for restoring their decks to cosmetic perfection.

Paul.

Dominic Harper
08-02-2013, 13:12
I have some short 401 plates, email me for details :)

DiveDeepDog
09-02-2013, 01:03
Thanks Dom, its the longer plate, with the name badge I'm after.

The engraver wasn't offering a replica, just an alternative. There would be discounts on multiples (once the program has been done) but even then £30+ for an order of 10. (+ I've only been to one local store)

I'm not really hung up on a perfect match. I've got a tatty 401 that'll get sprayed black once I get it prepared, but there does seem a desire for 'perfect and original'.

I am lucky, my flush strobe is 'perfect and original :ner: