PDA

View Full Version : Stage Two under way

break-3
15-03-2009, 11:34
Well, the Eclipse 712s have run in nicely and, thanks to some very helpful people, I've had the chance to audition integrated amps over the last few days. To cut a long story short, I went through Leema Tucana, Plinius 9200, Pathos Logos and Classe CAP-2100 - and have got a Classe coming on Monday. The Plinius was too brittle, the Leema a bit aggressive and the Pathos bogged down the dynamics. The Classe seemed to smooth things out like the Pathos but without killing the excitement. :)
For much the same reasons, I've got a Pure Sound P10 on the way. The other phono stages I tried were either a little too forward or too thick. The Eclipses need to be fed a signal that errs more on the smooth side of neutral.
I'll get a pic up in the gallery when all's set up. Next step will be a new cartridge, and I need to wall mount the Roksan to get the best out of it before I think of replacing.

aquapiranha
15-03-2009, 13:40
How does the Flying Mole get on with the Eclipse' ? Just wondering as I very nearly bought one a few months ago to have a try. Thanks.

break-3
15-03-2009, 15:19
It didn't struggle to drive them, which is what I was expecting, but it's a little too clean and analytical for them. If you want any warmth, it has to come from elsewhere in the system. Cracking little amp and beautifully made, but not the ideal partner for the Eclipses. I'm selling it, if you're interested in trying one out - drop me a PM with an offer. :)