PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk question

Beobloke
03-01-2013, 10:49
Chaps,

I kept getting nagged by my iPad that AoS is Tapatalk compatible, so I bought the App. However, when I search for "Art of Sound" or "The Art of Sound" within it to visit the forum, it returns no search results.

Any words of wisdom?

Ta!

Beechwoods
03-01-2013, 11:17
Hi Adam,

I'll check - we are publicly listed and so should come up in the results. At least that's how I set us up!

I'll get back to you :)

AlanS
03-01-2013, 11:35
Nick

I had problems finding - none of these
AOS
Art of Sound

I got there but cannot remember. It was not obvious.

MartinT
03-01-2013, 11:56
When I search for 'Art of Sound' in Board Express Pro (a Tapatalk app for Windows Phone), it does find The Art of Sound, together with our icon. So we are definitely listed in Tapatalk.

NRG
03-01-2013, 12:04
you have to search for 'theartofsound'

All one word...

Beechwoods
03-01-2013, 12:16
We are set up correctly; this would seem to be a limitation of the Tapatalk software search itself, on certain platforms at least, as Martin's experience suggests. Users browsing on compatible Mobile devices will be prompted to download the App the first time they come here, or if they have reset their mobile browser cookies...

AlanS
03-01-2013, 12:41
We are set up correctly; this would seem to be a limitation of the Tapatalk software search itself, on certain platforms at least, as Martin's experience suggests. Users browsing on compatible Mobile devices will be prompted to download the App the first time they come here, or if they have reset their mobile browser cookies...

Nick

Is theartofsound correctly? I am using a iPhone 5 and that was my last resort. PFM and the Wam were fine using just their names.

Beobloke
03-01-2013, 12:51
you have to search for 'theartofsound'

All one word...

Thanks Neal - that's got it!

Beechwoods
03-01-2013, 13:00
The forum name is stated as The Art of Sound - only the URL has it recorded as a single run of text.

I'll have a play this evening and see if I can work out exactly what they're doing with searches on our name.

AlanS
03-01-2013, 16:41
The forum name is stated as The Art of Sound - only the URL has it recorded as a single run of text.

I'll have a play this evening and see if I can work out exactly what they're doing with searches on our name.

Nick

It may avoid others being frustrated if you can adjust something.

Beechwoods
03-01-2013, 16:47
Agreed. The odd thing is it looks like it should all work. There's only a Forum Name, URL and Description that can be entered! I'll see if tweaking one of them makes it result in a more intuitive search outcome :rolleyes: :)

Beechwoods
03-01-2013, 17:10
Ok., this is definitely an issue with the way the Tapatalk network handles searches for signed-up forums.

It's likely that the fact our name is made up of a number of short and common words ('the' and 'of', and 'art', less common but short) is causing them to get dropped when the search runs.

- theartofsound works
- "The Art of Sound" with quotes works.
- "Art of Sound" with quotes works.

Art of Sound / The Art of Sound (without quotes) doesn't work.

Capitalisation doesn't seem to make any difference.

I will raise this with Tapatalk support because I don't think it's really acceptable to be defacto excluded from the obvious default search results.

AlanS
03-01-2013, 17:16
Ok., this is definitely an issue with the way the Tapatalk network handles searches for signed-up forums.

It's likely that the fact our name is made up of a number of short and common words ('the' and 'of', and 'art', less common but short) is causing them to get dropped when the search runs.

- theartofsound works
- "The Art of Sound" with quotes works.
- "Art of Sound" with quotes works.

Art of Sound / The Art of Sound (without quotes) doesn't work.

Capitalisation doesn't seem to make any difference.

I will raise this with Tapatalk support because I don't think it's really acceptable to be defacto excluded from the obvious default search results.

Your on it the message I got said More unique words or url and caps made no difference.

Beechwoods
03-01-2013, 17:31
Issue raised with Tapatalk support. Further to my original post, the premium version of Tapatalk (Tapatalk 2) doesn't respect the quote marks in the same way the original app does. So two issues for them to look at.

MartinT
03-01-2013, 18:46
The problem must be with the Tapatalk client, Nick. I've just double-checked by searching Board Express Pro with the string art of sound (as typed, no quotes, with or without 'the') and it finds us easily.