PDA

View Full Version : Power conditioner

Brando
02-01-2013, 04:36
What's a good budget power conditioner for my stereo.

MartinT
02-01-2013, 06:36
You'll need to tell us a little more about your system and quality of mains power, Brandon.

Bear in mind that no conditioner is better than a poor one. You can also go far with plug-in modules around the house to absorb the worst of the mains-borne noise such as Isotek Evo3 or PS Audio Harvesters.

John
02-01-2013, 11:14
Also you need to be careful with power condictioners on your amplifier they can cause loss of dynamics
Belkin used to do some cheap power condictioners that a few people liked using on AOS

Brando
02-01-2013, 16:43
Thanks guys I'm really green to all of this stuff and I'm trying to absorb all of this stuff as quickly as possible. I just left the local Hifi dealer and he explained to me about the robbing of dynamics he told me to upgrade the power supply since I already have a nice surge protector.

MartinT
02-01-2013, 17:03
In that case, go for it. An upgraded mains supply will give you better performance than arsing around with filters. The ultimate is a regenerator but let's not go there as they are not cheap.

Am I right in thinking that you have an AV system?

John
02-01-2013, 17:11
Yes the surge protector not great for the amp. Martin spot on as always. Balanced mains might be a cheaper why to go but you need at least 3kvw if using with a amp

Tim
02-01-2013, 18:22
A lot here use the Belkin PureAV PF30 Power Console (including me) which gives excellent results for very little money. They are discontinued now but can be had cheaply if you hunt around. I bought mine here from another member - one of the best price against SQ upgrades I have had ;)