PDA

View Full Version : Fat Club Now Open

Pages : 1 [2]

Tim
12-03-2013, 13:01
These are my favourite beans, won a Which award too ;)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/branston-baked-beans-in-tomato-sauc_zps3064b8db.jpg

Rare Bird
12-03-2013, 13:02
Way way too much sugar for us mortal dieters Tim

Macca
12-03-2013, 13:32
Spent a week once when very skint living on beans on toast (and then just beans when the bread ran out). Not having enough money even to buy a loaf of bread was an interesting experience. Never really enjoyed them since that.

walpurgis
13-03-2013, 00:00
Is there a 'Thin Club'?

MartinT
13-03-2013, 05:39
Oi, your type are not wanted here!

:lol:

Audio Al
13-03-2013, 06:00
Is there a 'Thin Club'?

In a years time

This will be the thin club ;)

Thing Fish
13-03-2013, 06:28
I seem to be holding steady at around 12st 5lbs which is pleasing. My goal was 11st 7lbs so i'm not too far out. I'm off to Thailand for a month around June so a final push will see a much taughter frame tool down the beach...:eyebrows:

It's been pretty much 8 months now since I hit a stout 18st and said to myself enough is enough.

At least it seems to be staying off and the lifestyle is easy to maintain as i'm really enjoying the food. The craving for red wine has all but dissapeared and the odd night out down the local is more enjoyable than being out everynight.

A big side bonus is the money saving. I've upgraded all my hifi as a result of the money I've saved...:)

Alex_UK
13-03-2013, 09:16
That really is a great effort Dave. I must admit, I enjoy the treats much more now they are a "special" occasion, rather than just being a pig and a drunk 24/7!

walpurgis
13-03-2013, 09:18
a final push will see a much taughter frame tool down the beach...

Yeah, those Zimmer frames are a bit stiff!

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 09:34
I seem to be holding steady at around 12st 5lbs which is pleasing. My goal was 11st 7lbs so i'm not too far out. I'm off to Thailand for a month around June so a final push will see a much taughter frame tool down the beach...:eyebrows:

It's been pretty much 8 months now since I hit a stout 18st and said to myself enough is enough.

At least it seems to be staying off and the lifestyle is easy to maintain as i'm really enjoying the food. The craving for red wine has all but dissapeared and the odd night out down the local is more enjoyable than being out everynight.

A big side bonus is the money saving. I've upgraded all my hifi as a result of the money I've saved...:)

Aye well done Dave. Maintainings the thing now o & living with Sunday dinner type farts :eyebrows:

Thing Fish
13-03-2013, 09:38
Aye well done Dave. Maintainings the thing now o & living with Sunday dinner type farts :eyebrows:

Believe you me Andre eating lots of veg and salad stuff ensures the natural gasses flow like a north sea pipeline...:mad:

If I could harness the power I could probably reduce my leccy bills by quite a bit...:lol:

PS - The stacked platters sound dead silent. Platter rings should arrive any day now. Pics to follow...:)

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 11:46
Good man I have an original restored 'GL75' now but it'll stay boxed up in storage..

Audio Al
13-03-2013, 12:16

Six and a half stone in 8 months :eek::eek::eek:

Ruddy nora , OK you win , Respect to the man :D

southall-1998
13-03-2013, 12:40
Oi, your type are not wanted here!

+1 :D

Thing Fish
13-03-2013, 13:30
Six and a half stone in 8 months :eek::eek::eek:

Ruddy nora , OK you win , Respect to the man :D

Actually only Five and a half stone but thanks Al...:D

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 13:36
I recon i have Three-Four weeks left on this diet before im 14 Stone again. It's been hard going from a not far off 19 Stone Hippo to what i am now. When your happy as a pig in shit boozing for England, take-away's, few gallon of Beer etc you never realise the pounds are pilling on.

One thing this diet has learned me is to take notice of the contents of food you buy, cook healthy,eat in moderation & excersize more ie: long walks (im not & never will be cut out for things like Gym's). However even thought i cut out the Beer one thing that'll never alter with me is when the Red wines flowing there's no stopping me :D but i can work around that easily enough :D Afterall after a week were i work i think i deserve a good sesh at the weekend :)

Alex_UK
13-03-2013, 13:55
When your happy as a pig in shit boozing for England, take-away's, few gallon of Beer etc you never realise the pounds are pilling on.

That's very true - I've been with my missus 10 years next month - and since we met I put on 5 stone - so that's 7lbs a year, or roughly half-a-pound a month - which when you think about it like that is virtually unnoticeable! That's why I think it is important to make some small but permanent changes to your lifestyle to stop it going back on once you reach your goal, which you've grasped Andre but lots of people don't, which is why the weight goes back on eventually. I guess "everything in moderation" still holds true. Apart from red wine at the weekend, just like you! :eyebrows:

Thing Fish
13-03-2013, 14:11
I recon i have Three-Four weeks left on this diet before im 14 Stone again. It's been hard going from a not far off 19 Stone Hippo to what i am now. When your happy as a pig in shit boozing for England, take-away's, few gallon of Beer etc you never realise the pounds are pilling on.

One thing this diet has learned me is to take notice of the contents of food you buy, cook healthy,eat in moderation & excersize more ie: long walks (im not & never will be cut out for things like Gym's). However even thought i cut out the Beer one thing that'll never alter with me is when the Red wines flowing there's no stopping me :D but i can work around that easily enough :D Afterall after a week were i work i think i deserve a good sesh at the weekend :)

That will be five stone lost Andre...:eek:

I bet you feel better for it. And you will probably live longer...:eyebrows:

Rare Bird
13-03-2013, 14:13
Live longer! o god don't say that :eek:

Feeling better..Not many, i can fly like mary poppins

Rare Bird
23-03-2013, 17:16
Um doan seem to be much action going on in the fat club :eyebrows:

Lost just 1LB this week (well according to the crap home scales), off for a propar weigh in next week down the shopping centre..It'll more than likley bi more of a loss.

Audio Al
23-03-2013, 18:29
I am still trying , but eating salad in -2 is no fun and the job I do is quite physical = I end up running out of fuel

Will see how the weigh in goes on 1st April ;)

sq225917
24-03-2013, 09:24
Lost 3kg in the last two weeks, now 86kg. Heading down to 78kg which is my target weight.

Doing 10k rowing a day and a 50 mile bike ride on the Saturday.

Alex_UK
24-03-2013, 21:48
Still on the regime, but the booze is still too much of a temptation - weigh in tomorrow, but still losing a pound or two a week - total lost so far 2st 5 lbs.

Rare Bird
24-03-2013, 21:54
I know what you mean about the pop! well done so far anyway..

julesd68
29-03-2013, 10:53
I can't believe it!!

Bought two pairs of lovely "designer" jeans two and a half years ago on ebay but never been able to get into them. I can today!

My regular jeans - size 36 - are now 2 inches too big.

Awesome - put a massive smile on my face. :D

Rare Bird
29-03-2013, 11:29
It's a great feeling i know i even fancy misen now :eyebrows:

DSJR
29-03-2013, 11:50
I'm off the wagon - too many hot-crossed-bunfights (with cream cakes thrown in) at school this last week - and me with Diabetes T2 as well :mental:

This school holiday I promise to do better - and thankfully at least I now have a job to go back to (until June end at the earliest) and get that last stone off!

Tim
29-03-2013, 12:09
My regular jeans - size 36 - are now 2 inches too big.
Nice one Jules - I have actually been beavering away quietly, not because of this thread but after a funeral I went to recently. Enough is enough I said to myself and I have lost 12kg since Jan/Feb.

I'm not on a diet though as I don't believe in them, I have just changed my lifestyle and aim to make it permanent - another 20 kg to go and I'm back in my old wetsuits and ready for a dive ;)

Alex_UK
29-03-2013, 12:11
This weekend will be tough resisting the wine and beer as mate and family staying for Easter. Still, Can't be good all the time, and I'm now 50% toward my goal of shedding 5 stone and over a month ahead of my plan (I'm now the same weight as when I got married which I was aiming for on our 6th wedding anniversary at the beginning of May.)

MartinT
29-03-2013, 13:02
Nice one Julian, that's a great feeling!

julesd68
29-03-2013, 20:04
Thanks guys - looking good ain't I! :lol:

MartinT
29-03-2013, 20:26
Oof - that should come with a warning! :eek:

Rare Bird
29-03-2013, 23:45
Thanks guys - looking good ain't I! :lol:

wtf is the close up crotch shot all in aid of!!

julesd68
30-03-2013, 05:39
Sorry Andre - I've removed it since it was too much for you - just my perverse sense of humour! :)

Audio Al
30-03-2013, 06:05
wtf is the close up crotch shot all in aid of!!

It's only rolled up football socks :)

Audio Al
01-04-2013, 11:01
Weigh in today

NOT good news :doh:, only lost 1lb :(

Repeat after me ,

MUST TRY HARDER

MUST TRY HARDER

MUST TRY HARDER

MartinT
01-04-2013, 12:28
Tell me about it. A bad week for me, especially as neuropathy came back with a vengeance after a bout of some virus :(

Rare Bird
01-04-2013, 15:42
Im doing ok just a couple pounds to go. However i decided to completely stop drinking from Today, not a drop, i stopped drink for three years once, i think the time to stop completely is best i just don't enjoy drinking anymore as it is (& it's nothing to do with drinking too much or the diet)

DSJR
01-04-2013, 16:54
One negative from being t2 diabetic on tablets is that if one does overdo the chocolate or sugary things in general, the "other end" complains vigorously and rapidly with little warning :( :eek:

The other issue is life insurance payments double that of "normal" people - so please be warned.....

walpurgis
01-04-2013, 23:25
I don't belong here any more. Since having that belly bug that's been going around I've lost nearly a stone and the belly bulge is much less. Trouble is I can't get my appetite back, I'm eating about half what I was three weeks ago. Weird!

I'm with you on the booze Andr'e. I just had over two months without and amonth with no fags. Last week I had a can or two of lager indoors and a fag or two. My local pub has changed hands and has gone down the pan entirely, so I don't go there. I think I'll start abstaining from the booze (Christ, I nearly wrote Bose. Horrors!) and ciggies again this week.

MartinT
02-04-2013, 05:24
I've always abstained from the Bose ;)

Macca
02-04-2013, 07:43
I've always abstained from the Bose ;)

I believe a 12 step program is available for those who find it tough to give it up.

MartinT
02-04-2013, 09:26
Does it involve giving up the waveguide?

Macca
02-04-2013, 12:23
Does it involve giving up the waveguide?

Yes. You have to accept that you are powerless over your Bose and that surrendering your will to a higher power is the only way to quit using it. You also have to go around all the people you have bored to death over all those years banging on about how good your Bose system is and apologise to them.

MartinT
02-04-2013, 12:34

Alex_UK
17-04-2013, 19:01
How are we all doing then? It's getting harder, I must admit, only 3lbs gone in the last 3 weeks, but still going in the right direction I suppose, and great being able to get into old clothes that I haven't worn in 6 years. :) Total lost is now 2st 10lbs, which is more than my 4 1/2 year old daughter weighs!

Rare Bird
17-04-2013, 22:00
How are we all doing then? It's getting harder, I must admit, only 3lbs gone in the last 3 weeks

Looks like someones no intensions in taking it seriously ;) i've lost nearly 6LB in 3 weeks. Infact around 2LB more loss i'm finished on the diet. Thats from 18 Stone 11LB to 14 Stone, thats nearly 5 stone loss in a month less than a year..

If your still boozing i promise you you'll never loose it.

Alex_UK
17-04-2013, 22:11
Brilliant, Andre.

Booze is definitely the issue! Must try harder!

Rare Bird
17-04-2013, 22:13
You see it's more than watching calories with booze, ive not drunk for some time now & you kno i don't miss it.

MikeMusic
18-04-2013, 07:30
How are we all doing then? It's getting harder, I must admit, only 3lbs gone in the last 3 weeks, but still going in the right direction I suppose, and great being able to get into old clothes that I haven't worn in 6 years. :) Total lost is now 2st 10lbs, which is more than my 4 1/2 year old daughter weighs!
I've crept back up to 12st 10. Mostly due to being given cake and very nice biscuits at work and at home. I never buy either. I also wonder if the monster antibiotics I'm currently on have helped

hifilover
18-04-2013, 07:56
Just been reading through all this; some interesting reading :)

I'm 6ft 4 and currently 22 stone BUT I am that size for a reason; I compete in strongman, weightlifting and powerlifting and have done for the past 11 years or so now!

I'm currently dieting though as I've recently torn my left rotator cuff AGAIN so having a good 2-3 week break from the gym and thereafter I'll be changing my routine as all heavy pressing overhead is going to have to take a serious back-burner :(

Will still be training legs like an idiot (squatting and deadlifting 3 times a week) and will still do some benching but the rest is just going to have to lay low until I get this shoulder sorted!

One thing I have changed and its made an immediate impact more or less is cutting carbs out after lunch time!

I have a solid breakfast (usually lots of fruit with yoghurt and then a protein/porridge oats shake thats been blended); for lunch it's a few sandwiches stuffed with salad and lean meats (home cooked joints - Turkey, beef and sometimes a gammon joint etc...)

For tea its either meat or fish with lots of salad and veg (mainly greens but squash, parsnips etc... get added in)

Gazjam
18-04-2013, 09:33
Was on Alternate day fasting, lost about 1.5 stone.
Felt fitter took up running again, but for some reason.....

Got complacent and had the odd bag of crisps, chocolate here and there, damn.
love handles are making a return so back on it for me.

Its SO easy just to drift off, stay focussed people! :)

Rare Bird
18-04-2013, 10:30
Don't worry too much about Chrisps Walkers do some loverly chrisp's called 'Baked' they are approx 103 cal/2.1g fat per bag, i tend to have a bag when i need to use my days calories up..

Alex_UK
18-04-2013, 10:47
Don't worry too much about Chrisps Walkers do some loverly chrisp's called 'Baked' they are approx 103 cal/2.1g fat per bag, i tend to have a bag when i need to use my days calories up..

Walkers French Fries and Skips are good, too, when I really can't resist. Crisps are more of a temptation for me than Chocolate, but not as much as cheese, which has been my downfall in the past...

Alex_UK
18-04-2013, 10:49
not as much as cheese, which has been my downfall in the past...

Mind you, I'm rather put off cheese now, after Sainsbury's latest offer...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dovC76rNlLg/USvofOVU2KI/AAAAAAAACo4/VCjwhxcLs3A/s1600/Mild+Knob+Cheese.jpg

Tim
18-04-2013, 10:52
There's a few 'Knob Cheeses' in the room I'm in right now :lol:

I'm still at it, at the moment 112kg > 98.4 kg with a long way still to go, but I'm in no rush, as I have completely changed my lifestyle so its not a diet.

twickers
18-04-2013, 10:52
:lol: It appears to sold out as well. How strange.

Rare Bird
18-04-2013, 13:02
I'm still at it, at the moment 112kg > 98.4 kg with a long way still to go, but I'm in no rush, as I have completely changed my lifestyle so its not a diet.

I never found diet hard tbh i don't have time for eating as it is, i'll hold my hands up it's the pure laziness of takeaways after a skinfull down the boozer that helped put my weight on, in addition to the all nighter music sessions accompanied by three bottles of red wine twice a weekend :D but i cut all this out completely, i hardly eat much again like i used to & stop boozing totally.

What i did discover is, if you don't have your allowed calorie intakes you won't loose the weight or very very little of it, hence just munching on anything low calorie/fat to make up my days intake..Some people get it i their heads that if they hardly eat they loose weight!

Mark Grant
18-04-2013, 13:36
How are we all doing then? It's getting harder, I must admit, only 3lbs gone in the last 3 weeks, but still going in the right direction I suppose

A pound a week lost is not to bad at all.

If you have the time and motivation try going for a walk before breakfast, just have a glass of water before you set off or take a bottle of water with you and a brisk walk for about 30 minutes or longer and the weight will fall off after a few weeks and you will feel better for it.

This time of year is great for it as the birds are tweeting in the mornings :)

You wont see many overweight dog walkers on your early morning walk as they have been walking every morning for years ;)

It works as your body has to burn off stored energy rather than what you have just eaten.

I read about that in the ' Greek doctors diet' book a few years ago.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Greek-Doctors-Diet-Mediterranean/dp/1405088087/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366290878&sr=8-1&keywords=greek+doctors+diet

Scientists have done a study apparently, although it's common sense really :scratch:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/30/exercise-before-breakfast-health-fitness_n_2043450.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2224886/Exercising-breakfast-lets-lose-extra-weight-British-study-found.html

and great being able to get into old clothes that I haven't worn in 6 years. :)

Would you want to :D , keep them long enough and they might be back in fashion.;):):D

Alex_UK
18-04-2013, 14:18
Cheers Mark! Useful advice.

Would you want to :D , keep them long enough and they might be back in fashion.;):):D

Well, I'm very conservative in my choice of work suits, so hopefully there isn't anything too controversial there! It won't be long before I'm back in my "Frankie Say Relax" T-Shirt - I'm sure they must be back in again!

Tim
18-04-2013, 15:40
if you don't have your allowed calorie intake
That's never a problem for me André :lol:

Rare Bird
28-04-2013, 16:32
Ok that's it for me, done lost my target weight. The wife has lost around 5 stone the same.. however she needs to loose around another 5 stone yet, but she is very motivated to keep it up, i have every confidence in her to do it..

What amazes me about her is she woke up one day a few years ago & decided to just stop smoking, cold turkey style, she has not touched a ciggie to this days.

She loved a good olde drink & again she stop drinking with me, so i guess keeping the diet up will also be a success, amazing will power..

MikeMusic
28-04-2013, 16:43
Ok that's it for me done lost my target weight. The wife has lost around 5 stone the same as me.. however she needs to loose around another 5 stone yet, but she is very motivated to keep it up, i have every confidence in her to do it..

What amazes me about her is she woke up one day a few years ago & decided to just stop smoking cold turkey style, she has'nt touched a ciggie to this days.

She loved a good lde drink & again she stop drink with me, so i guess keeping the diet up will also be a success, amazing will power..

That is really great news. Waaaay healthier.
That is some strong will power and a half
I've nudged back up, possibly due to monster antibiotics over the past 2 weeks. Seemed to make me hungry almost all the time too and I gave into it just a few times

Alex_UK
28-04-2013, 23:04
Well done Andre, and well done (and then some!) Cheryl. :)

I'm still dropping a pound or so each week, and ahead of my plan, although we'll see come August...

Audio Al
29-04-2013, 00:18
Well done everyone

Not hopefully for my weigh in

This is hard :(

Covenant
29-04-2013, 07:56
My weight isn't too bad (12st 10lbs-5ft 10) but I am a horrible shape with skinny arms and legs and a fat belly. It would be great if I could take it off my guts and stick it elsewhere!
I think I will try some sit-ups of a morning and loose an inch or two of my 36 inch waist.
Like Dave, I am T2 diabetic and have cut out all the sugary stuff. After the evening meal I have low fat greek yoghurt with a few slices of apricot in it.

MikeMusic
29-04-2013, 09:15
My weight isn't too bad (12st 10lbs-5ft 10) but I am a horrible shape with skinny arms and legs and a fat belly. It would be great if I could take it off my guts and stick it elsewhere!
I think I will try some sit-ups of a morning and loose an inch or two of my 36 inch waist.
Like Dave, I am T2 diabetic and have cut out all the sugary stuff. After the evening meal I have low fat greek yoghurt with a few slices of apricot in it.
I have a similar shape except legs are fine due to cycling. Upper body and arms are nowhere near as good
Sounds like you need to exercise to get some muscle.
Situps do nothing at all for my belly. I've tried over some years and it was only losing weight that made the belly go down.
A cross trainer will help all over if you can fit one in. Walking helps too so maybe get a dog or two !
:)

Rare Bird
29-04-2013, 09:30
Ive still got a bit of a belly & titz, i need to get rid off but i would'nt be seen dead in a gym..Any ideas?

MikeMusic
29-04-2013, 09:37
Ive still got a bit of a belly & titz, i need to get rid off but i would'nt be seen dead in a gym..Any ideas?

Nah, gyms not for me either
Walking, jogging, cycling, swimming or get a cross trainer.
Losing weight is the best way to lose the sticky out bits although putting on muscle to replace fat will put on weight as you become slimmer !

Rare Bird
29-04-2013, 09:44
well i do plenty walking, walk to work & back every week day which is around 2 Miles, walk about 5-6 miles on Saturday.. I'll have to do more shaggin' see if that works :eyebrows:

MikeMusic
29-04-2013, 09:49
well i do plenty walking, walk to work & back every week day which is around 2 Miles, walk about 5-6 miles on Saturday.. I'll have to do more shaggin' see if that works :eyebrows:

Do any of that for a minimum of 20 minutes, 30 minutes even better.
The longer you keep going the more your metabolism will ramp up and more weight will come off
You can do that can't you ?

Covenant
29-04-2013, 09:50
I'll have to do more shaggin' see if that works :eyebrows:[/QUOTE]

It's a good idea but sometimes I miss the bed when I launch myself off the wardrobe.

Rare Bird
29-04-2013, 10:05
Do any of that for a minimum of 20 minutes, 30 minutes even better.
You can do that can't you ?

NO :lol:

MikeMusic
29-04-2013, 10:19
NO :lol:

You must try it
In the interests of science and weight loss

Rare Bird
29-04-2013, 10:40
Yeh of course i can :)

MikeMusic
29-04-2013, 10:57
Yeh of course i can :)

You'll thank me for it

Tim
29-04-2013, 17:26
Down to 97kg from 112kg in Feb, so really pleased at how its going, especially as I'm not on any kind of 'diet' and I never eat low fat or diet foods. I think it was Thing fish who said it - it's a lifestyle change, which is what I have done and boy do I feel better for it too :)

Target is 80 by November, but below that if I can ;)

Rare Bird
29-04-2013, 18:52
Well done Tim, it's all about moderation..

Tim
29-04-2013, 19:05
Well done Tim, it's all about moderation..
Indeed André, I think my problem was that I never changed any of my eating habits as I grew older. I eat a healthy balanced diet, but just far too much. I would eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, which is fine when you are an active 20 something, but not when you pass 50 and sit at a desk all day long!

So I eat pretty much the same diet, with the exceptions being more fruit and vegetables, smaller portions and the big one.... no snacking on crap between meals. Combined with a minimum of walking 2 miles a day, every day and so far its worked a treat - you spurred me on André, so thanks, I owe you a beer ;)

Rare Bird
29-04-2013, 20:19
:kiss:

Thing Fish
29-04-2013, 20:24
Down to 97kg from 112kg in Feb, so really pleased at how its going, especially as I'm not on any kind of 'diet' and I never eat low fat or diet foods. I think it was Thing fish who said it - it's a lifestyle change, which is what I have done and boy do I feel better for it too :)

Target is 80 by November, but below that if I can ;)

Well done Tim...:eek:

MikeMusic
30-04-2013, 07:49
Indeed André, I think my problem was that I never changed any of my eating habits as I grew older.

I used to be able to eat and drink anything
I've been cutting out and down for years and still need to keep an eye on what I'm eating.
Certainly no complete packet of biscuits in one sitting

Rare Bird
30-04-2013, 09:51
I'm the same Mike. I used to work at Corus on Lubrication for ten years before i did the job i do now, i was always on the move sweating like a pig all day, i could eat & drink what ever i wanted, never putting any weight on.. The job now i don't get any real physical exersize so i make it important to walk back & forth to work everyday the longest route around..

It might be a bit girly but i do some additional exersize with the wife at times & her keep fit DVD's.. I do look fetching in an spandex leotard & headband :eyebrows:

Audio Al
30-04-2013, 09:54
I do look fetching in an spandex leotard & headband

This statement is worthless without

:worthless:

Rare Bird
30-04-2013, 09:55
I'll see what i can do :lol:

MikeMusic
30-04-2013, 10:28
I'm the same Mike. I used to work at Corus on Lubrication for ten years before i did the job i do now, i was always on the move sweating like a pig all day, i could eat & drink what ever i wanted, never putting any weight on.. The job now i don't get any real physical exersize so i make it important to walk back & forth to work everyday the longest route around..

It might be a bit girly but i do some additional exersize with the wife at times & her keep fit DVD's.. I do look fetching in an spandex leotard & headband :eyebrows:

Years ago I wrecked my knee in Aikido so exercise became difficult.
The pain around 8 months of the year persuaded me to do *anything*
Cycling to work seemed a good idea - and I'm so glad it worked, muscling up the legs to protect the torn ligaments.
So I cycle to work most days which keeps the knee happy and a lot of the weight off, but even then I have had to cut food back.

And I look gorgeous in Lycra
:D

Rare Bird
03-05-2013, 17:44
I'm not sure if this should be in the grumpy old gitz section.. nearly £50 this afternoon to have my wedding ring reduced again! half way thru the diet i had it done down two sizes, another two sizes need taking out again :rolleyes: ... that's nearly £100 :steam:

Rare Bird
03-05-2013, 18:47
I bought some Chicken Sausages in Marks & Spencers today, i love Turkey sausages so im guessing they taste pretty much the same.. anyhoots about 95Cal per sausage, less than 5g fat.. Two of these with some scambled egg & a few baked beanz should be no more than 350 cal, you don't have to give up on stuff like this, it's all moderation & of course how you cook things.. Anyone wondering what they taste like, like Lincolnshire Sausage..

Alex_UK
03-05-2013, 21:44
I bought some Chicken Sausages in Marks & Spencers today, i love Turkey sausages so im guessing they taste pretty much the same.. anyhoots about 95Cal per sausage, less than 5g fat.. Two of these with some scambled egg & a few baked beanz should be no more than 350 cal, you don't have to give up on stuff like this, it's all moderation & of course how you cook things.. Anyone wondering what they taste like, like Lincolnshire Sausage..

Yum yum! I'll check those out, I love a nice sausage. :)

Tim
04-05-2013, 08:59
Nice one André, never tried those but Clayford Farm chicken sausages won an award with Slimming World magazine, they are flippin' superb and maybe the M&S ones are made by them, would be interesting to find out? They are local (just down the road actually) and I'll ask the guy next time I buy some. I love chicken sausages :D

http://gourmet-west.co.uk/foodproducts.html

I reckon you should smile when you think about the wedding ring, I would rather have a skinny ring than a big one ;) (no jokes Alex! :lol:)

I am taking all my clothes up the charity shop as I go down sizes, I reckon I have taken over a dozen pairs of trousers there now.

Rare Bird
05-05-2013, 10:26
Nice one André, never tried those but Clayford Farm chicken sausages won an award with Slimming World magazine, they are flippin' superb and maybe the M&S ones are made by them, would be interesting to find out? They are local (just down the road actually) and I'll ask the guy next time I buy some. I love chicken sausages :D

Hi Tim
Well one thing i noticed straight away is M&S are made with 75% Chicken, your Link states 85% chicken..However we had them this morning, loverly they were, off for a 4 mile walk so i don't feel any guilty, The spandex is on ready for our DVD workout first :lol:

Tim
05-05-2013, 12:10
Well thanks to your reminder André, I got on my bike and rode down to Wimborne Market this morning and bought these - not bought any in awhile, so thanks for the nudge. All four packs for £10.00, so that's me for a few weeks and they had a new flavour, Sage & Black Pepper which are superb (he cooks them up to try at the stall). As you say, they are 85% chicken meat from Clayford, which I hadn't really noticed before, but any sort of chicken sausage is going to be better for you than a red meat one.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/image_001_zpsbbcda85b.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/greatgig/media/image_001_zpsbbcda85b.jpg.html)

I had a chat with the maker and he said they don't supply M&S (but were approached) - too much hassle with the bar coding etc. and they like the demand level they have at the moment, M&S wanted too much for too little and they are happy to supply a local market at a higher profit margin.

Anyway, thanks again for the nudge - that's another one I owe you for helping me along with my weight loss, its a 10 mile round trip to Wimborne too ;)

MartinT
05-05-2013, 12:44
I must try chicken sausages, never had them to my knowledge.

Tim
05-05-2013, 13:08
I must try chicken sausages, never had them to my knowledge.
If the M&S ones are anything like the Clayford ones Martin (which they should be) you will like them, assuming that is, that you like sausages?

I know Clayford Farm sell produce at Salisbury Market, so not too far from you - might be more than a cycle ride though ;)

http://www.salisburymarket.com

Anyway, off to watch the snooker final now and work out how much I owe André for all his tips :lol:

MartinT
05-05-2013, 13:58
Cheers, I will try the M&S ones first. Yes I do like sausages!

Tim
05-05-2013, 15:23
Yes I do like sausages!

stUSw3M-IPI

MartinT
05-05-2013, 19:11
I know, it's as bad as knowing what goes into pork pies.

Alex_UK
05-05-2013, 19:48
As my best mate's Dad used to say about sausages (he was a butcher) - "eyes, ears and arseholes!" - subsequently, my mate and I always referred to pork pies as "testicle pies" - but really, what is the difference in eating a nice bit of gammon (a pig's arse cheek) and any other bit of it? I also wonder why people get queasy about black pudding - "OMG, pig's blood!" - what's wrong with eating its blood, if you'll happily eat it's arse? :lol:

Tim
07-05-2013, 07:54
what's wrong with eating its blood. . .
Well nowt in my book Alex, I adore black pudding, but it needs to be good quality from a butcher and not a supermarket. I love just black pudding with baked beans a big mug of tea and a wedge of bread a butter - yum yum.

I have just hit 96kg, so that's 16kg lost this year and now puts me at the half way point to my target of 80kg by November. I'm pretty happy with that, but a lot more work to do as the loss rate has slowed now, so the exercise needs to go up as I'm not prepared to eat any less food ;)

MikeMusic
07-05-2013, 08:33
Cheers, I will try the M&S ones first. Yes I do like sausages!
I've been in various places towards the front end of the food chain. Makes you think

There are many vegetarian alternatives in sausages. Some freak me out a bit as they seem pretty meaty

Barry
07-05-2013, 22:25
Still 69.6 +/- 0.2Kg

Sausages? The only ones I eat are the venison sausages made by my local butcher. :)

Thing Fish
07-05-2013, 23:12
I've put on a few pounds recently but having lost nearly 6 stone i'm not overly worried. Off on holidays soon (3 weeks) Happy days...:)

Rare Bird
07-05-2013, 23:40
Im not snooty enough for venison :D

Alex_UK
08-05-2013, 08:33
Had a bad week last week - away with work last Thursday/Friday so bad food in the hotel and a few beers... BBQs over the weekend with a few beers... and wine... Basically, 5 days of not trying to lose weight - amazingly, I only went up by one pound. Back on the regime this week, but like Tim, need to up the exercise I think.

Rare Bird
08-05-2013, 08:42
O dear but i guess if your not putting the weight back on that's better than nothing. I have a slight problem that i need to sit down & work out. I don't really want to loose anymore weight but i am, i don't seem to be eating enough, but on the other hand im not gonna eat when im not hungry.

Alex_UK
19-05-2013, 21:17
I've decided to change tack...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923059_161568577351886_1897772180_n.jpg

Rare Bird
19-05-2013, 21:19

MikeMusic
20-05-2013, 07:06
I've decided to change tack...

Rare Bird
25-05-2013, 11:57
Sorry to keep refreshing this thread ;)

Ive decided to go for another stone weight loss, i prefer to be 13 Stone, besides i'm not happy enough with my BMI at the moment.

Ive been a good lad & kept of the booze for a few months now :) Anyhoots i weighed in this morning at 13 Stone 12.4Lb, but i had an heavy tea last night so should be a bit less tomorrow.

Tim
25-05-2013, 12:19
I weighed in at 95.1kg (14st 13.7lb) this morning André, down from 112 at Xmas, and 110kg when I decided to totally change the way I eat/live in mid February. 15kg to go to be 80 by November and I've not been 14st anything for over 4 years :)

We'll get there André, but I'm playing catch up and you have done a sterling job there fella, so well done - must be that last oil change ;)

Thing Fish
25-05-2013, 12:19

Don't be sorry for refreshing this thread Andre. It's a good reminder to us portly chaps to keep going...:)

Good luck with the extra stone...:eyebrows:

MikeMusic
25-05-2013, 12:29

Ive decided to go for another stone weight loss, i prefer to be 13 Stone, besides i'm not happy enough with my BMI at the moment.

Ive been a good lad & kept of the booze for a few months now :) Anyhoots i weighed in this morning at 13 Stone 12.4Lb, but i had an heavy tea last night so should be a bit less tomorrow.
Keep it going. Nice reminder
I decided I wanted 12 in the front of my weight
Currently 12 stone 9 and looking for minor reductions and no wobbly bits

Tim
25-05-2013, 12:39
I decided I wanted 12 in the front of my weight
Me too.

Alex_UK
25-05-2013, 13:15
Just back after a week away - I know I'll have put a few pounds back on, but not going to upset myself and have a weigh in until Tuesday - will find out how bad the damage is then! :lol:

MartinT
01-06-2013, 11:04
Confession time; I've stayed away from here as I've been a bad boy and lost all my resolve over the last few weeks. The main reason was extreme pressure at work, which makes me collapse at home in the evening and graze in front of the TV. I've often been too tired to listen to music, another bad sign, and gone to bed early because it's a vicious circle of tiredness -> eat -> more tiredness.

What gets my goat is that I'm normally a self-confident person and can be very single-minded if I want. My only weakness is eating, and it's a biggie.

So I've kick-started my alternate day diet again with more resolve and sheer bloody-mindedness. Day one went well yesterday (650 cals) and I'll keep the cals low today during the day as Ruth and I will eat out this evening before the Mark Knopfler gig in London.

The hard facts: I hit a high of over 90kg some time ago which got me started on weight loss. I got it down to a low of 86kg and I'm back up to 87kg right now. A realistic target is to slowly reach 80kg and perhaps fit into my 32" trousers again (I'm currently on 34").

There, that's better. Public self-flagellation!

StanleyB
01-06-2013, 11:20
The hard facts: I hit a high of over 90kg some time ago which got me started on weight loss. I got it down to a low of 86kg and I'm back up to 87kg right now. A realistic target is to slowly reach 80kg and perhaps fit into my 32" trousers again (I'm currently on 34").
I am 84Kg and a size 36" trouser wearer. 34" won't fit me at my weight.

Alex_UK
01-06-2013, 11:34
Back down to my pre-holiday weight (put on 3lbs in 2 weeks, which wasn't as bad as I feared) but means I've pretty much lost nothing over a month - c'est la vie - It's not a diet I'm doing anyway, just adjusting my habits.

Rare Bird
01-06-2013, 11:46
Confession time; I've stayed away from here as I've been a bad boy and lost all my resolve over the last few weeks. The main reason was extreme pressure at work, which makes me collapse at home in the evening and graze in front of the TV. I've often been too tired to listen to music, another bad sign, and gone to bed early because it's a vicious circle of tiredness -> eat -> more tiredness.

What gets my goat is that I'm normally a self-confident person and can be very single-minded if I want. My only weakness is eating, and it's a biggie.

So I've kick-started my alternate day diet again with more resolve and sheer bloody-mindedness. Day one went well yesterday (650 cals) and I'll keep the cals low today during the day as Ruth and I will eat out this evening before the Mark Knopfler gig in London.

Don't feel bad about it Martin. To be honest work is a big problem with me, my previous job in the steel industry was very rigorous hot work, i could eat & horse un never put any weight on, now im in the job i am it's a very inactive job which causes problems. I have to revert to being very carefull with what i eat & drink, lots of walking & even spandex on with the wife keep fit excersize DVD's :lol:

Joking aside im around the same weight & trouser size as you are now, im just just getting into 32'' waist but hey im mega chuffed at that going from a near 44" waist before i started dieting..But the important factor for me is the reach below 25 BMI hence i must continue on the diet for a bit...

MikeMusic
01-06-2013, 11:54

I found myself in bad habits so changed my set up so there was no choice
Never buy anything like biscuits, cake, chocolate any more – so it’s just not around

Has to be bedlam before I give up my eating routine as well, 5 times a day, regular times. Think that started as part of my fight to banish migraines. I always hungry at those time anyway so no problem there. Helps running my own company too.

When happy customers buy us chocolates or biscuits at work I ration myself. Previously if there was either I just ate and ate.

I’m 12 stone 10 now, about 82 kilos which for 6’ 1” is good
but
My waist is 37” which must be odd.
I’ve never looked overweight to others, but once I was over 42” waist and that is classed as obese, around 14.5 stone I guess.
That was a big surprise and a good incentive. Finding out that fat around the organs, a large waist, is a killer was another incentive

I had a little bit of ice cream from the freezer Thursday, no I didn’t buy it. Must be quite old, maybe the kids brought it in.
Coincidence or not I had a patchy sleep that night

Tim
01-06-2013, 12:23
Public self-flagellation!
Oooo yes baby :lol:

Low and slow is the way Martin, I have a bet with my best mate I can't get to 80kg by November and have a £20.00 Amazon voucher riding on it - care to try for 80 by November as well?

MartinT
01-06-2013, 12:28
Ooh <sweat> the pressure...

I'll give it my best shot!

Tim
01-06-2013, 12:34
You can do it Martin if I can - I'm 94.5 at the mo, so you have a head start ;)
Tell you what, if either of us fails, they buy the other a nice bottle of red. If we both manage it, then we treat ourselves to something around the same value - and I mean a good red, not an Asda special :lol:

Up for it fella?

MartinT
01-06-2013, 13:57
You're on :goodluck:

MikeMusic
01-06-2013, 14:03
Ooh <sweat> the pressure...

Cycling to work would help

MartinT
01-06-2013, 14:05
What, 28 miles each way?

MikeMusic
01-06-2013, 14:38
What, 28 miles each way?

You'll definitely lose weight !
Especially if you cycle up the M3
Should only take around an hour and a half each way once you get used to it.
I just might draw the line at 28 miles of course.....
:D

Covenant
01-06-2013, 15:43
I am down to 80Kg now but the waist is still a problem at 36 inches. Andre-how did you manage to reduce your belly so much, it's not fair?

Audio Al
01-06-2013, 15:49
I have not gone down or up, still 1/2 stone loss , pathetic really

Must try harder x 10

Tim
02-06-2013, 09:47
Just start over Al and think of the lead up so far as a trial run - you can do it fella ;)

You just have to find something that works for you, I was, I think, around 114kg at Christmas, not real idea as I didn't weigh myself. When I did start weighing myself I was 112kg and bought new (accurate) scales at 110 and got stuck in. I'm now 94.5 and have gone from a 42" waist to 38", which are getting loose so I'm not far from 36" now - as I have gone down a size my trousers have gone straight up the charity shop, there's no going back.

I haven't dieted, as it were, I have just changed the way I eat and view food. I haven't counted a calorie or bought anything low cal or diet food related either. I decided it wasn't going to work if I stopped myself from eating what I like, I just eat less of it and I bought smaller plates too. I made some fairly simple rules and stuck to them and the weight loss has been slow and gradual, but consistent.

What kind of set my resolve is I made a bet with my best mate in March. I said I would be 90kg by Maverick Festival in July and 80kg by November, when I go out to see him (he lives abroad) and he bet me a £20.00 Amazon voucher I wouldn't be able to do it. I am determined to prove him wrong and buy myself a couple of nice albums with my winnings :D

(if you want to know exactly what I have done, just let me know, its rather dull to post here, but it's working for me)

Rare Bird
02-06-2013, 16:05
I was just getting into size 32'' waist the other day. Out shopping today i popped into M&S for a couple pair of new jeans as i don't intend going no lower waist than a 32! , im in em no probs now. exactly the size now when i was at grammar school :yay:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/ELPFAN1968/3229.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/ELPFAN1968/media/3229.jpg.html)

Tim
02-06-2013, 16:19
Nice one André, hopefully I won't be too far behind you ;)

Covenant
02-06-2013, 16:23
Someone tell me how to get my belly down a couple of inches before I go on my hols in late July! :(

Roy S
02-06-2013, 16:23
M&S for a couple pair of new jeans

Are those the ones with elasticated waistbands? ;)

Kember
02-06-2013, 16:39
Someone tell me how to get my belly down a couple of inches before I go on my hols in late July! :(

I lost two/three inches round my waist in about six weeks by the simple expedient of getting a reasonable sized dog. Two hours walking a day, whatever the weather, equals 14 hrs a week of moderate exercise I wasn't getting before.

Best thinking time I have, too.

Rare Bird
02-06-2013, 16:47
Are those the ones with elasticated waistbands? ;)

:lol: No no..

Covenant
02-06-2013, 20:47
I lost two/three inches round my waist in about six weeks by the simple expedient of getting a reasonable sized dog. Two hours walking a day, whatever the weather, equals 14 hrs a week of moderate exercise I wasn't getting before.

Best thinking time I have, too.

Two hours! 20 mins is enough for me. According to the experts exercising doesn't get rid of belly fat.

Tim
02-06-2013, 21:12
According to the experts exercising doesn't get rid of belly fat.
Hmmm, well I disagree with that totally, certainly in my case. If you want to shift it you need to exercise, walking is fine and that's all I do, minimum of 2 miles a day - no need for a gym, just walk, cycle or swim. I think you have been mislead by some so called 'experts' ;)

Alex_UK
02-06-2013, 21:39
It's not hard, people! As long as you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. Simple!

MartinT
02-06-2013, 22:15
The maths isn't hard, the execution somewhat tougher ;)

Rare Bird
02-06-2013, 23:43
It's not hard, people! As long as you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. Simple!

Too much TV ;)

Rare Bird
17-07-2013, 14:58
Hows the diet's comming on commrades? tbh ive put 4 pounds back on because my life has basically been a mysery maintaining my weight.

Audio Al
18-07-2013, 05:44
I lost the will

Now need a kick up the backside :D

MartinT
18-07-2013, 06:34
Me too!

MikeMusic
18-07-2013, 09:19
Surprised to see me up and hovering around 12st 11lbs when I was expecting to be around 12st 4 by now
Assume it's the small amount of Poppy and Sesame seed biscuits I have in the evening, but I get hungry !
Be interesting to see if the hot weather affects any of us

Tim
10-02-2014, 17:57
So how did we all do?

I didn't manage to reach my target by year end, but went from 114kg to 92kg. I hope to be around 80kg by the end of 2014.

Barry
10-02-2014, 18:49
Still hovering around the 70 - 72Kg mark.

loo
10-02-2014, 19:04
So how did we all do?

I didn't manage to reach my target by year end, but went from 114kg to 92kg. I hope to be around 80kg by the end of 2014.

removing 22kg is pretty damn good .Well done Tim
Paul

mr sneff
10-02-2014, 19:15
I found the 5-2 or alternate day fasting diet very effective. Though losing the last 7lbs was assisted by a nasty Campylobacter infection and the lbs literally disappeared down the toilet :eek:

MikeMusic
11-02-2014, 08:25
Hovering aro8und 12 stone 9
Had a bug back in October that knocked me down to 12st 4 then Christmas when I didn't eat that much up to around 12st 11
Taking a long bike ride around the closed roads due to flooding should help bring that down a bit
More interested in the body shape and podgy bits.
I'm guessing 12 stone is right to be Mr Slim

Yomanze
11-02-2014, 11:06
Haven't weighed myself, but the beer belly has gone in a month as well as my chubby cheeks. In the New Year I decided to sort out my diet, previously consisting of ale, pizza and carbs, so am now mainly eating Paleo style (no grains / legumes, sugar, dairy or carbs). A couple of days a week I might have something like some flat rice noodles or some roast potatoes on a Sunday, but my standard sort of meals have been things like Steak, home-made chicken kebabs marinated in coriander, lemon, salt & chili, lots of green veg like curly kale & spinach, as well as raw nuts like cashews and almonds. Bacon & eggs for breakfast, holding off on the toast & beans. Cutting out the coffee and replacing with green tea.

I have never felt better! After getting over the carb withdrawals am simply more alert, consistent energy levels rather than my previous yo yos, and also I had candida yeast overgrowth (smelly feet!), which has totally cleared up. Complexion has improved & think I've lost around 1/2 stone since New Year.

Tim
11-02-2014, 11:08
Still hovering around the 70 - 72Kg mark.
I'm not sure you should post here Barry and if you continue to do so I'm coming round your gaff with a lot of doughnuts :lol:

MartinT
11-02-2014, 13:32
Stones - LOL!

Hmph, 2013 was not a good year for me and weight loss. I started at around 88kg, hit a low of 86kg and am now about . . . 88kg :(
My target remains 80kg so that's ok, then!!

However, I am at least more fit since I bought one of these:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VIBRAPOWER-DISC-VIBRATION-POWER-PLATE-EXERCISE-MACHINE-BLACK-/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA==/z/MSoAAMXQ83xSEUQA/$T2eC16dHJH4FHcI2KE9,BSEUQ!,gIw~~60_35.JPG

MikeMusic
11-02-2014, 14:12
Stones - LOL!

Hmph, 2013 was not a good year for me and weight loss. I started at around 88kg, hit a low of 86kg and am now about . . . 88kg :(
My target remains 80kg so that's ok, then!!

However, I am at least more fit since I bought one of these:

You know you have to use it too ?

Barry
11-02-2014, 18:41
I'm not sure you should post here Barry and if you continue to do so I'm coming round your gaff with a lot of doughnuts :lol:

Point taken! :lol:

The Barbarian
16-01-2015, 14:17
Back on a diet, gone back up to 16 stone. no booze no seriously cutting down on carbs..

MikeMusic
16-01-2015, 14:40
Peaked at 13st 3lb

Customer and supplier gave us chocolates !
and there was a bit of over eating going on too
2 weeks off the bike due to Xmas, pouring rain and freezing cold

Down to between 13 and 13st 1lb now

hifilover
16-01-2015, 20:18
Back on a diet, gone back up to 16 stone. no booze no seriously cutting down on carbs..

Don't cut down on carbs, just cut the crap carbs out and keep the complex carbs in your diet as these provide energy but also help to burn off other non necessary fats!

Porridge oats, green veg, sweet potatoes etc... Normal spuds are fine but in smaller portions. Wild/brown rice as well, not white...

HTH :)

hifilover
16-01-2015, 20:19
I'm down to 132kg... 9 weeks off training due to a torn shoulder and a nasty cold, I'm down over a stone. Not impressed!

Back to traing today and felt weak as a kitten so back to eating clean and hard and hard and training hard too...

Roll on April, first power comp of the year :D

The Barbarian
16-01-2015, 20:25
Don't cut down on carbs, just cut the crap carbs out and keep the complex carbs in your diet as these provide energy but also help to burn off other non necessary fats!

Porridge oats, green veg, sweet potatoes etc... Normal spuds are fine but in smaller portions. Wild/brown rice as well, not white...

HTH :)

O no im not completely cut out carbs.. Im just cutting out the white potatoes, large portions of Rice & Pasta.. back to small amounts & yes i bought a load of sweet potatoes..

hifilover
16-01-2015, 21:14
O no im not completely cut out carbs.. Im just cutting out the white potatoes, large portions of Rice & Pasta.. back to small amounts & yes i bought a load of sweet potatoes..

Cutting carbs out after lunch is a very good way to lose weight.. Cutting out wheat and dairy also makes noticeable changes quickly!

Re carbs; a good breakfast, a healthy and heart lunch and a light meal for tea (protein & veg but no carbs) works very well... Keeping hydrated helps a lot too!

The Barbarian
16-01-2015, 21:28
I like chucky Eggs for brekki they are slow loss & stop me feeling hungry before din dins..Lost 2LB this week anyway..