PDA

View Full Version : Replacement GL Idler Wheel availability

Rare Bird
12-12-2012, 12:42
I noticed a guy in Malaysia supplies new machined Idler wheels for the Goldrong/Lenco unit, has anyone purchased one please? If someone in the UK re-manufacture's these that would be a bonus

DSJR
12-12-2012, 17:37
Isn't the tyre the most important part of these idlers? Heck, even the unloved plastic originals from the 1950's keep pretty true and only rough or knackered tures really let them down I think?

Rare Bird
12-12-2012, 18:05
Dave:
Yes a prime candidate as to why some people may experience a degree of rumble from their idler TT's, old plastic wheels,hard rubber etc., however i don't have rumble but id rather replace the complete wheel with something more substantially engineered or i won't get an ounce of sleep at night :D

Mileend
14-12-2012, 13:59
Yes the guy sells these here
http://kintavalleyaudio.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/new-lenco-turntable-metal-idler-wheel.html

At $63 delivered they are good vfm. I am thinking about getting one but my only doubt is that they have no bronze bushings just straight drilled aluminium and wear could be an issue. The tyre is also wider and rounder than the original knife-edged Lenco one. But I use a 12vdc motor with a cylindrical spindle ( Lenco is tapered ) in my PTP'ed Lenco so it might work very well.

Spur07
18-12-2012, 09:01
the original wheels are fine - just make sure your wheel is of the metal and not the plastic type, and gently rub the edge with a fine sandpaper if it appears 'glassy'. if you want to upgrade any component I'd invest in a new, beefier bearing/spindle. There are plenty of people manufacturing them on LH.