PDA

View Full Version : Identifying mystery cable

break-3
05-03-2009, 10:45
So, I found this interconnect in my cable box, but I don't know what it is or where it came from, and I don't even think I've ever used it. :scratch: It's got no markings other than an arrow on one end for signal direction. As you can see, the sheathing's braided and the plugs are a locking type. The cable itself is either silver or tinned - tough to tell, as very little is visible. Any thoughts?
I might plug them in later and give them a go. :)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo168/break-3_photos/P1010392.jpg

The Grand Wazoo
05-03-2009, 23:55
the last mystery cable to appear here I nailed down tight with a sledgehammer(the Polk/Monitor Audio speaker cables), but I'm b****red if I know what that is.

break-3
06-03-2009, 13:22
Plugged them into the system last night and they did a pretty good job of muffling vocals. Might be that they've never been used and need some running in, but I'll have to do that some other time.

pentode10
07-03-2009, 16:47
They look a bit like those jobs from China / Hong Kong on ebay.
They look good quality but I've never heard a set.

Andy,

Steve Toy
10-03-2009, 22:29
I think that if they are muffling vocals they are not good. New unburnt-in i/cs tend to sound rough at the frequency extremes not muddled in the midrange.

I could be wrong of course but when a cable is just fundamentally wrong it doesn't improve very much at all with burn-in.