PDA

View Full Version : A.N.T. Audio MC phono stage review

Alex Nikitin
23-02-2009, 22:08
The Kora 3T Limited Edition MC review by David Price in Hi-Fi World is now available on my website as a PDF file (http://www.ant-audio.co.uk/reviews/ANT%20Kora%20LTD.pdf).

Alex

Peter Stockwell
24-02-2009, 07:37
Alex,

I thought the Limited Edition had a special power supply, there's a deluxe version of the Limited at £995 with the better PSU, isn't there ?

Dave Cawley
24-02-2009, 07:44
There are very special AOS members prices now, mail me at dave@soundhifi.com ? Both I and David Price took a Whest PS.30R out of our system to evaluate the Kora Ltd. The Kora is still in my systems and David's!!

Regards

Dave

Alex Nikitin
24-02-2009, 09:39
Alex,

I thought the Limited Edition had a special power supply, there's a deluxe version of the Limited at £995 with the better PSU, isn't there ?

Peter,

Hi-Fi World made an error in pricing (sorry). LE always supplied with a special P/S and the price £775 is for LE MM, but LE MC, as reviewed, is £995. There will be a better looking P/S in the near future, however the current "wall-wart" supplied with LE has all electronics changed inside, with Schottky diodes, Panasonic caps and National Semi regulator. Noise and ripple on the output of LE P/S is less than 50 uV RMS. I have to modify all power supplies I am buying from Stontronics - it is done with different levels of components quality and marked accordingly. Most important that the transformer quality is actually very good, and for the LE version a transformer is almost all what is left from the original P/S, together with wires and the case :) . To better this supply you need to use batteries. When a better looking supply will be available it will contain the same circuit but will allow for a mains voltage switching and a mains cable change.

Alex

Peter Stockwell
24-02-2009, 10:30
To better this supply you need to use batteries. When a better looking supply will be available it will contain the same circuit but will allow for a mains voltage switching and a mains cable change.

Alex

Will there be an exchange programme for early adopters ?

Alex Nikitin
24-02-2009, 10:48
Will there be an exchange programme for early adopters ?

I suppose that can be arranged :) . Dave as the distributor should really answer this one.

I am working now on a very special P/S - what I call a "stealth" supply, as close to a battery as possible. However that one will appear some time in the future (about 4-6 months I think) and will be offered as an upgrade.

Alex