PDA

View Full Version : Feedback section for buyers and sellers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Marco
12-02-2009, 14:38
This area is reserved for members wishing to report excellent service after experiencing transactions of both types, so post here if you would like to thank someone for their help or name and shame a scoundrel who hasn't paid for goods or who was a nightmare to deal with...

The first contribution comes from Alfie, who wrote the following of Kelvin (Bong) regarding the purchase of a Denon AU300LC SUT:

My Denon AU 300LC just arrived.

Just want to say a big Thank-you to Kelvin.

I was looking for a feeback thread but couldn't find one, maybe not looked hard enough.
(If any admin read this maybe a feedback thread is in order!?).

So i'll leave some feedback here.

Kelvin (Bong) sold me his Denon AU-300LC SUT. He was a very patient, helpful, and pleasant person to deal with. He is based in Singapore so I was a little hesitant about international shipping at first, but Kelvin made this as easy as possible and was great to communicate with through the entire process. We discussed payment and shipping options and he really helped out a noob at international shipping to make sure we were both comfortable with all the terms of the deal.(No inport Tax or Duty )Most of this was done whilst he was away on holiday! Great person, and great AOS member...would most definately do business with him again. Thanks Kelvin! :)

To which I replied:

Hi Alfie,

I would concur with your views of Kelvin. Apart from being a valued member of our community he's also a great person to do business with. I sold him some stuff for his 1210 last year and the transaction was conducted very smoothly with Kelvin being most helpful and efficient throughout.

Quote:
I was looking for a feeback thread but couldn't find one, maybe not looked hard enough.
(If any admin read this maybe a feedback thread is in order!?).

Great suggestion! I will convert this thread into a sticky for that very purpose

Marco.

However, I made an arse of moving the posts to a separate thread and ended up deleting the whole thing instead! :doh:

Sorry, guys! :o

Anyway, folks, keep the comments coming!

Marco.

aquapiranha
12-02-2009, 20:52
I travelled up to west yorkshire to buy a couple of amps from Andy831, who was a real gent, and I am more than pleased with the decware pre-power I am now using. - cheers Andy!

bong
13-02-2009, 13:51
Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm just glad that my 300LC has gone on to better places. It takes both parties to make a transaction smooth and efficient, and both of you have been great to work with!

Browsing a UK based forum from here in Asia can be quite a pain sometimes, as there are many bits and bots and some bigger stuff offered for sale here that are really tempting. but the thought of the P&P involved getting the gear shipped over here has kept me away from many transaction. and in hindsight, kept me from bankruptcy. :)

Spectral Morn
20-03-2009, 17:02
Hi Guys

I just bought a XLO digital cable from Jandl100. What a pleasure quick transaction with goods arriving as described and suitably packaged.

Thank you Jerry.

Regards D S D L---Neil :)

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
19-04-2009, 15:34
Traveled down to Deepest Darkest Dartmonth to pick up the Usher 8571 Be speakers from Dave and Jill. Very pleased with the speakers and both made me feel very wecome. Coffee's good too.

Nice guy to deal with, would recommend him to anyone.

Andy - SDDW

Spectral Morn
18-05-2009, 20:02
A couple of items got recently from members of the forum...so I want to thank them.

Mike Homar....Leak Tuner, goods as described and posted quickly and packed well. Thank You very much.

Steve (aquapiranha) sent some tapes to me. Goods as described packed well and arrived quickly. Top bloke thank you.

Shaun (Haselsh1) sent a pair of Rothwell Attenuators which arrived today. Thank you for the quick dispatch.

One thing all three gentlemen share above is a generous spirit. Thank you for being kind and helpful to me in the above.:)

Regards D S D L

Marco
18-05-2009, 20:22
What about the valves I sent you? I feel deeply hurt that I've been forgotten about and so will need to go for a little lie down ;) :eyebrows:

Marco

Mike
18-05-2009, 20:28
Ah!

On that note... a big (and belated) thanks to Marco for some valves and speaker cables, even though I don't like them very much (the cables that is). Cheers bud!

Another thank you to Chris (TGW) for the Nick Drake LP that arrived today.

Cheers...

Spectral Morn
18-05-2009, 20:43
What about the valves I sent you? I feel deeply hurt that I've been forgotten about and so will need to go for a little lie down ;) :eyebrows:

Marco

CRAP :( I forgot :mental: I was distracted by wanting to watch 24 and not miss the start which at 9.06 I had.:doh:

Thank you Marco for your great generosity and help with the valves. They arrived as described and packed well and quickly. :)

Senior moment.....anyway quickly changing the subject what about the story..

Regards D S D L

Barry
19-05-2009, 00:32
I should like to thank Chris (TGW) for the 6 LPs he sent, arriving today and which I have just finished playing. Sorry if the following sounds a bit like positive eBay feedback, but the item descriptions were accurate, the items were in very good condition with new inner sleeves, had been cleaned and were well packed and promptly dispatched. All that and very resonably priced as well. Will expand my thoughts and impressions in the 'What are you playing now?' thread tomorrow, as it's late and I need to go to bed.

Again many thanks Chris,

Regards

Barry

Marco
19-05-2009, 06:32
Neil,

No worries, dude. I was just pulling your leg ;)

Glad you're happy with the valves. Hope you get your amp sorted soon!

I'd also like to thank Chris for the records he sent me, which arrived just as Barry has described above :)

I've not listened to them yet but will do today and report in the music room.

Marco.

DaveK
19-05-2009, 16:30
Can I post a very belated "Thanks" to Marco for his cleaning of my 30 year old LPs. I haven't actually played any of them after the cleaning process but that is irrelevant - the offer to do it deserves the thanks. His return postal service was excellent too, but that is between Marco and I (:lolsign:).
Cheers to Marco, :cool:

John
22-05-2009, 16:16
I bought Duncan copper DAC/PRE (tubehunter) a lovelly looking unit
The item was really well packed and he even put in a spare set of valves
Thanks Duncan

Beechwoods
22-05-2009, 18:11
Another thumbs up to Chris! The package got stuck at the local sorting office, but was picked up yesterday and looks great... looking to forward to giving it a listen tonight! Thanks dude!

DaveK
23-05-2009, 10:55
Big THANKS to Tubehunter - bits arrived within 24 hours well packed - EXCELLENT !!!!:)
:cool:

DaveK
23-05-2009, 15:01
I would like to formally express my thanks to The Sand Walking Donkey Dancer (:) you know who I mean :)) for his generous donation to the Dave&Sue Listening Experience Improvement programme - much appreciated and a nice guy to boot (but not literally !!).

Barry
03-07-2009, 00:34
Some more thanks to Chris (TGW) for the prompt and businesslike dispatch of the LPs he sold me. To paraphrase positive eBay feedback: 'Buy with confidence' 'Would buy again' .......

Thanks Chris

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2009, 00:51
Some more thanks to Chris (TGW) for the prompt and businesslike dispatch of the LPs he sold me. To paraphrase positive eBay feedback: 'Buy with confidence' 'Would buy again' .......

Thanks Chris

And a big thanks to you, Barry for your patience with my ability to only post at weekends, and for your prompt payments.

All is well!!!

Barry
10-07-2009, 00:34
Another expression of thanks to Chris (TGW). Again, the discs were promptly dispatched and are now providing great enjoyment.

Ritch
10-07-2009, 10:46
Full marks for Jason P as a seller (Tascam DAT). Thanks.

DaveK
10-07-2009, 16:35
Just a note of appreciation for the usual excellent service from Chris when I bought a CD recently.
Cheers,

DaveK
18-07-2009, 07:29
Again just a brief note of appreciation, this time for GazJam on the basis that "One good turn deserves another". :) Trust that it qualifies for this thread,
Cheers,

The Grand Wazoo
23-07-2009, 07:33
A big round of applause & a glass of champagne to all, to celebrate the wonderful service supplied by a certain Mr. Stanley Beresford.

I recently bought a 'certain item' from this gent & received very quick and helpful communication from him before the sale and amazingly fast turnaround time once it went through.

The 'goods' are living up to their reputation...........

Thanks Stan, you're a star!

DaveK
23-07-2009, 08:36
A big round of applause & a glass of champagne to all, to celebrate the wonderful service supplied by a certain Mr. Stanley Beresford.

I recently bought a 'certain item' from this gent & received very quick and helpful communication from him before the sale and amazingly fast turnaround time once it went through.

The 'goods' are living up to their reputation...........

Thanks Stan, you're a star!
Hi Chris,
You paying ?
Cheers,

The Grand Wazoo
23-07-2009, 16:25
Hi Chris,
You paying ?
Cheers,

Well Dave, y'see, it's like this. As you're apparently a Guinness man, & you've always got a glass in your hand, I didn't pour one for you. You've had enough, mate!

No wonder you spend 1/2 your life dancing around wearing nothing but bright blue under-shreddies!

DaveK
23-07-2009, 20:50
Well Dave, y'see, it's like this. As you're apparently a Guinness man, .........

Hi Chris,
Well, with all due respect, it's not like that, it's like this: -
I'm only a Guiness man 'cos I cant find a beer icon or wine (any colour) icon, so you don't get out of your obligations that easily :lolsign: .
(Beer or wine) cheers !!

barty
01-08-2009, 18:05
a big thanks to Davec for the payment for vinyl. cheers dave

DaveK
01-08-2009, 18:20
a big thanks to Davec for the payment for vinyl. cheers dave

And likewise to Barty for the LPs.

Barry
02-08-2009, 17:45
Enormous thanks to Chris in the Canaries, for selling me some transformers.

Not only did he not want paying until I had recieved them, but had to wait for over a week for confirmation of receipt, as I was away from home.

It's having members like this that make AoS such a great community to be part of.

Thanks again Chris

Regards
Barry

Barry
05-09-2009, 21:00
Should like to thank Dave (DaveK) for the help he provided in obtaining some LP sleeve covers for me.

Thanks Dave.

Regards

Barry
05-09-2009, 21:03
Thaks also to Steve (Twelvebears) for selling me some cassette tapes before receiving payment from me. Again, that's what I call trust!

Thanks Steve

Regards

Mike
05-09-2009, 22:08
Nobody loves me... :drugs::please:

Maybe it's my avatar?

Alex_UK
05-09-2009, 22:23
I didn't even know this thread existed...

Ooooh, big thanks to Mike Homar for the "MH Wunderlinx Veyron" digital Coax interconnect, lovingly created and sold at a fraction of it's true worth, which could be anything up to £2,000*

Cheers Mike! :cool:

* (WARNING: Your interconnect could be at risk if you do not keep up repayments on loans secured against it)

DaveK
05-09-2009, 22:34
I didn't even know this thread existed...

Ooooh, big thanks to Mike Homar for the "MH Wunderlinx Veyron" digital Coax interconnect, lovingly created and sold at a fraction of it's true worth, which could be anything up to £2,000*

Cheers Mike! :cool:

Seconded and thirded by me, in spades!!!
Mike, I loves ya, son!! ;)
Cheers,

Ali Tait
06-09-2009, 09:07
Yep me too,Mike has offered to send me two to try so I can decide before I buy.Top man!

DanJennings
06-09-2009, 09:38
Not really a seller, but just feel the need to take my hat off to Nick (Beechwoods). He is a true gent, and everything he's sent me is marvellous!

Barry
10-09-2009, 10:58
Thanks to Gary (Gazjam) for the sale of some CDs. Well packed, reasonably priced and rapidly dispatched. Excellent service.

Thanks Gary

Regards

DaveK
10-09-2009, 11:00
Ditto the above.
Cheers,

Beechwoods
11-09-2009, 21:36
Same here. Thanks Gary - very nice discs and all round great deal. Definitely recommended to anyone else thinking about taking up one of the discs in his Credit Cruncher CD Sale :) Had 'All Along The Watchtower' on tonight... Hendrix at his best. Thank you!

Rare Bird
22-10-2009, 13:34
Can i just thank Alan (Sondale) for the great packing & efficiency, i'm well pleased with the Quad amps i got from him.Living proof that you can trust a new member.

Thanks Alan.

Spectral Morn
22-10-2009, 22:09
I am sorry to have been a wee bit amiss about this recently.

Recent kindness from Barry.d.Hunt and Dan Jennings....thank you for your gifts.

REM (Ralph) thank you for the reel to reel tapes.

These guys are a snap shot of the quality of AOS members, kind, considerate and generous.

Thank you D S D L

Barry
22-10-2009, 22:13
You're welcome Neil.

Regards

Rare Bird
24-10-2009, 10:29
Can i once again thank Alan (Sondale) for his superb service..Loverly Leak tube amp..

Barry
26-10-2009, 14:45
It has just occurred to me, that I have not thanked Nick (Beechwoods) for the material he sent me. My apologies Nick and a very big thank you!

Regards

DanJennings
26-10-2009, 17:23
I must also thank Barry for his kindness, the singles arrived today, and are currently having a spin!
Very generous and kind of you sir!

Beechwoods
26-10-2009, 19:30
It has just occurred to me, that I have not thanked Nick (Beechwoods) for the material he sent me. My apologies Nick and a very big thank you!

Regards

Thank you, Barry, and may I also add that I've also been extremely pleased with the excellent stuff you've sent me. Excellent packaging and obvious attention to detail. Thoroughly recommended!

alfie2902
15-11-2009, 00:05
A big thanks to Ali Tait! :)

Ali sold me his WAD KEL84 amp today! (What a little stunner it is too!)

He went well out of his way to help this deal happen, travelling all the way to Leeds to make it easier for me! We've been swapping PMs for a week or so, he's been very helpful, a true gent!

Very nice to meet you today Ali! Thanks for a great deal! :cool:

Cheers, alfie

Spectral Morn
22-11-2009, 17:53
Thanks go to Barry for his recent kindness to me again (the singles), and help with another matter (all will be revealed in the future) You Sir are truly a gentleman.

Also DarrenW who has helped me out with my Tuner write up, thank you for your contribution to that task. Thank you for great packaging and prompt dispatch....all will be revealed in detail about this in due course.

Regards D S D L

Rare Bird
30-11-2009, 16:56
Can i just thank Marco very much for his kindness & fast postin. I advertised for a kimber mains lead late last week in which Marco came up trumps & offered to send it me free gratis, very well packed.I'm very gratefull & appreciate his time & Generosity.

Thanks again
Andr'e

Marco
30-11-2009, 17:10
Hi Andre,

Glad it's arrived ok. You're very welcome. I hope it does the biz for ya! :)

Marco.

Themis
30-11-2009, 17:12
I would like to thank Mike (Homar) for a wonderful digital coax he made on purpose for me. An excellent cable in any ways !

He was very helpful all along, thank you Mike for all the time and energy spent generously. :)

Rare Bird
08-12-2009, 16:26
I'd like to thank Ian Walker for the Helios X5000HD Network Media player, in loverly condition & packed well.A great fast, efficient service.Many thanks Ian.I'll have fun playing with that when i get time..

:)

Andr'e

Ian Walker
08-12-2009, 17:20
Cheers Andre glad you like it, have fun mate:)

Will be in touch re FLAC.

Ian.

Rare Bird
10-12-2009, 01:40
Can i just thank Al (Alb) for saving my life with two Elna Silmics II caps i short ordered.. he posted to me free gratis. Much appreciated Al thanks again
Andr'e

Si74
10-12-2009, 19:10
I'd like to thank Ian Walker for the JJ KT 88s I bought from him.
A gentleman to deal with :-)

Themis
11-12-2009, 20:23
Great thanks to Jerry for the excellent transaction of the Nak deck. ;)

Immediate expedition and very careful packaging, Jerry is a gentleman to deal with. Thanks once more ! :cheers:

Mike
11-12-2009, 23:29
I would like to thank Mike (Homar) for a wonderful digital coax he made on purpose for me. An excellent cable in any ways !

He was very helpful all along, thank you Mike for all the time and energy spent generously. :)

Any time... :)

Cheers.

steveinspain
12-12-2009, 09:11
Mike Homar - I love you !
You sent me a cable, kept in touch to let me know how it was going and to check to see if it had arrived, and while it has not been tried out yet, it does look wonderful, so many thanks, and sorry it has taken me some time to post this - my internet has been awful for the last few days..

Mike
12-12-2009, 13:53
Thanks Steve! :o

Cheers...

Jason P
13-12-2009, 20:25
Big up for the Mayor of Simpleton who managed to send me 12 albums faultlessly packaged and all in loverly nick. Now enjoying them!!

Cheers Ron! :cool:

Jason

Marco
13-12-2009, 21:37
Told you the dude's gear was quality ;)

Marco.

Eckythump
08-01-2010, 10:47
Bought a Caiman DAC advertised here by TheGreenManalishi

A great chap to deal with, he kept in touch and delivered all as described.

A new, (and very happy), Caiman owner here!

captain
08-01-2010, 11:09
Brought a Helios X5000 from Andre a really nice guy to buy from very helpful with great com's.

Thanks Andr'e

Kirk

Rare Bird
17-01-2010, 10:48
Thanks Kirk, sorry about the late responce..

Barry
08-02-2010, 14:35
I should like to thank Chris (The Grand Wazoo) for the material he sent me.

Very enjoyable and much appreciated.

Thanks again.

The Grand Wazoo
08-02-2010, 23:21

............and similarly, likewise, the same, in the way of thanks to Barry, for sending me the thing that I reciprocated for, by sending his things to him. ............too..........as well........also.

Thanks Barry!

Marco
08-02-2010, 23:52

Was it the waterproof bondage pants, and associated paraphernalia, or the adult baby pinafore and matching booties? :lol:

;)

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
09-02-2010, 00:11
No, it was a death threat sellotaped onto an old shoe-box with some faecal material inside. (A very good quality shoe-box, mind).

Marco
09-02-2010, 00:31
:eyebrows: You must at some point have visited Glasgow!

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
09-02-2010, 00:32
Yeah I worked as a postie there & part of my round was Bath Street!

Barry
09-02-2010, 01:04
What are you guys talking about!

Regards

Barry
10-02-2010, 17:39
I should like to say a big thank you to Nick (Beechwoods) for the material he has sent me.

Thanks Nick

PS By 'material', I'm using this as a euphemistic generic term to cover tape and CD copies of music. It does not mean anything sent 'under plain cover', nor does it suggest items that have to be inflated before use. ;)

Note to Chris (TGW) and Marco:
The only faecal matter I have sent in the post recently have been some smear samples, sent in response to an invitation to take part in a screening programme. This is designed to detect any early onset of bowel cancer and is run by the NHS. This invitation is being made to all adults of a 'certain age'.

Too much information? Well you can delete if you wish.

Regards

Mart
14-02-2010, 14:46
Many thanks to Vinyleyes for the purchase of my NHT's, Pioneer headunit and Infinity speakers.

Good coms, very prompt payment and an all round decent bloke to boot.

Nice one and thank you very much.

Regards, Mart.

Mart
01-03-2010, 19:06
Liberated a Meridian 557 from "Dandy", nice bloke, good coms and item mint as described.

Makes a good mug o tea aswell.

Thanks very much Dave.

Barry
29-03-2010, 14:24
Thanks to Marco for his prompt payment for cables.

Cheers

Themis
30-03-2010, 08:10
Many thanks to Mark Grant for excellent service, as always. :)

And to Jerry (jandl100) for his kind waiting and prompt delivery. ;)

Spectral Morn
20-04-2010, 17:31
Thanks to Ron (major of simpleton) for getting the mem consumer unit to me.

Regards D S D L

hornucopia
20-04-2010, 19:47
Dave Hewitt; not just an ace maker of equipment (described by another as a fantastically neat solderer!) but a great guy. Even carefully delivered my F3 -he'd made - and patiently listened to me...AND my system.
Many thanks Dave. Stay well, calm and contented.
chris

bonneville
21-04-2010, 19:59
A big thanks to Mr "H" for excellent service repairing my valve amps.Job done in double quick time,neat as can be,even took time to make me coffee, and treated me to a listen to the best sounding system I have heard in many a year.:):):).

Thanks again

Vinnie

tommy1
22-04-2010, 13:54
Bought A Cambridge 840A from Big Marty. A real Gent and a pleasure to deal with. Many thanks.

Barry
23-04-2010, 15:28
I should like to thank Chia (Blackie_2) for his prompt payment for the tweeters.

Thanks Chia; let us know how you get on replacing the blown items in your IMF speakers.

Regards

Krisbee
24-04-2010, 09:50
Bought Hamish's TC-7520 (with LM4562). Good to deal with. Kept in touch and delivered promptly. Thanks for putting up with my postal paranoia.

Now I have two Stan DACs I might get one "caimanised".

Rare Bird
14-05-2010, 20:05
Can i just thank Dave (Snapper) for the massive favour he did for me..Amazing fast posting aswell..Thanks Dave

hornucopia
29-05-2010, 14:36
Marco. I've noticed that occasionally you post "Please send your details" bits on peoples 'For Sale' posts. It's kind of annoying, both for reader and seller to look at 'answers' and find it's from you. Couldn't you just send Messages to the person concerned on their Private bit, thus leaving the Posts uncluttered? (Was the same when one of my For Sale bits got into a 'do you have a remote?" etc sideline!)
Chris

Marco
29-05-2010, 16:25
Hi Chris,

Messages like that are often posted in the spur of the moment and/or when I feel that other members/lurkers should see specific information.

However, point noted. Should this happen again in future, please remind me by PM and I'll sort it out :)

Look at the benefit too, though - your ad gets a free bump! ;)

Marco.

Ali Tait
29-05-2010, 18:42
Belated shout out for Tony Sallis (Mr C).A true gent and a pleasure to deal with.Cheers Tony!

Marco
15-06-2010, 14:50
Just to say thanks to Rob (RobsterD) for the sale of an Ortofon SPU Royal GM cartridge, which arrived promptly and well-packaged. Rob was a pleasure to deal with throughout the transaction. He therefore has my highest recommendation.

The SPU is also an amazing sounding cartridge in my Techie on the end of the Jelco, through the A23 SUT and Croft phono stage, even though the A23 (103 version) is not ideally the right match for it, gain-wise.

Goodness knows how good it'll sound when I optimise it with the right SUT! :eek:

Thanks again, Rob - top man! :cool:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
26-06-2010, 07:16
Just want to thank Andre for the Teac AN-60.

Packed fantastically well, just as described in near mint nick, sent quickly and even before I had paid. He had never tried it and was not happy to take payment until I had tried it.

You can not get better than this, fantastic :)

Regards Neil

The Grand Wazoo
04-07-2010, 17:56
An enormous and hugely heartfelt thank you from me to Barry for his generosity and thoughtfulness in supplying me with a Uher R:R tape deck. And all of this on the basis of a throwaway remark I made while butting into his conversation with Nick.

Thanks so much. What a Gent you are.

Barry
04-07-2010, 18:07
An enormous and hugely heartfelt thank you from me to Barry for his generosity and thoughtfulness in supplying me with a Uher R:R tape deck. And all of this on the basis of a throwaway remark I made while butting into his conversation with Nick.

Thanks so much. What a Gent you are.

You're welcome Chris. It's pleasing to see it going to a good home, where it will continue to be put to good use.

Now all you need to do is fight amongst Nick, Neil and André, for tape!

On my behalf I must thank you for the prompt payment for the carriage; paid before you had actually received the machine. It went towards a very good bottle of wine.

Regards

Barry
22-07-2010, 13:57
Thanks are due to André, for the prompt and business-like dispatch of the CDs he was selling.

I was so impressed by the careful way these were packed that I'm going to describe the packaging:

The CDs were wrapped in 'cling film' and the pack surrounded by a close-fitting stout cardboard wrapper. This in turn was wrapped in plastic cushioning sheet and the whole sent in a dedicated plastic mailer.

With such attention to packaging detail, the discs arrived in absolutely perfect condition.

Thanks André

Regards

Marco
23-07-2010, 09:12
Ditto with mine! Top notch, Andre :youtheman:

I'm just listening to them now... Cheers, dude :cool:

Marco.

Alex_UK
27-07-2010, 11:20
A BIG thanks to DSJR Dave for not only lending me the Nagaoka MP-15 but sending it 1st class late on Friday to make sure I had it on Saturday. Suffice to say an agreement has been made and I am now the proud owner of said cartridge. (I've never had to barter someone UP when buying something - which shows you what a great guy Dave is.) I still think I've robbed him, given how good the cartridge sounds in my system, so I owe you one (or two) Dave - thanks very much. :cool:

Marco
27-07-2010, 11:29
Nice one, dude... I did say how good Nagaokas were! Should you decide to upgrade to one of the higher-end current models, rest assured you've got even more joys to discover ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
27-07-2010, 11:46
A BIG thanks to DSJR Dave for not only lending me the Nagaoka MP-15 but sending it 1st class late on Friday to make sure I had it on Saturday. Suffice to say an agreement has been made and I am now the proud owner of said cartridge. (I've never had to barter someone UP when buying something - which shows you what a great guy Dave is.) I still think I've robbed him, given how good the cartridge sounds in my system, so I owe you one (or two) Dave - thanks very much. :cool:

Try get hold of a 'MP20' styli this has a Boron Cantilever or even a 'MP11- Boron' body..great cartridges

Marco
27-07-2010, 11:47
Good advice there, too, Andre! :)

Marco.

Alex_UK
27-07-2010, 12:00
Thanks guys. Dave did suggest maybe the newer line of styli might fit (i.e. MP200 is MP20 replacement, with boron cantilever) - so will give that some thought.

webby
27-07-2010, 13:38
Glad you got the cart you were after Alex.

Alex_UK
27-07-2010, 13:45
Glad you got the cart you were after Alex.

Thanks Lee - I'll update one of the other threads rather than keep polluting this one but it is all sounding very good, I think I may get lost in the "dark side" again for a while! :)

Techno Commander
30-07-2010, 19:37
Thanks are due to André, for the prompt and business-like dispatch of the CDs he was selling.

With such attention to packaging detail, the discs arrived in absolutely perfect condition.

Regards

Indeed. I had to resort to a rather large knife to get at mine.

Thanks Andre

Barry
30-07-2010, 19:43
Another batch of CDs has arrived chez moi from the Progmeister, André.

Again impeccably packaged with the same care and attention as before, they arrived in perfect condition.

I'm playing them now.

Thanks André

Rare Bird
30-07-2010, 23:40
Thanks chaps. Enjoy..

Reid Malenfant
06-08-2010, 08:58
I would just like to say how pleasant it was dealing with Joe (The Black Adder) in relation to the SME 3009 i had advertised on here recently :) We came to an agreement via PM & i was payed very quickly indeed, he was most courteous throughout the whole transaction :cheers:

He'll be receiving his SME tomorrow having informed me of a service that i honestly didn't know existed, guaranteed Saturday delivery along with Special Delivery. RM Special Delivery i obviously knew existed, it was the Saturday bit that was new to me ;)

& they say you learn something new every day :exactly:

I hope you enjoy your new tonearm Joe, all the best & as i say, it was a pleasure!

Kind regards, Mark.

The Black Adder
09-08-2010, 08:28
I would just like to say how pleasant it was dealing with Joe (The Black Adder) in relation to the SME 3009 i had advertised on here recently :) We came to an agreement via PM & i was payed very quickly indeed, he was most courteous throughout the whole transaction :cheers:

He'll be receiving his SME tomorrow having informed me of a service that i honestly didn't know existed, guaranteed Saturday delivery along with Special Delivery. RM Special Delivery i obviously knew existed, it was the Saturday bit that was new to me ;)

& they say you learn something new every day :exactly:

I hope you enjoy your new tonearm Joe, all the best & as i say, it was a pleasure!

Kind regards, Mark.

Hey Mark.

The arm has turned up, totally as described and packed really well.

It's all set up (even thought it took all Sunday to figure it out...haha) and is playing on the TD124 like a dream.

It was great doing the sale with you matey, hope you have a few more :cool:'s

Many thanks!!

All the best
Joe

The Grand Wazoo
10-08-2010, 17:50
A big thank you to Rich (Mothman) for sending me his spare copy of Cathy Burton's album 'Burn Out' which I'm enjoying as I type.
What an absolute star! - He offered it to the sender of the first PM.

Thanks Rich, thanks a lot.

Spectral Morn
11-08-2010, 10:03
Thanks go to the The Black Adder (Joe) for prompt dispatch of his Pig 2. Item was very well packed and just as described.

Excellent seller :)

Regards D S D L

Spectral Morn
11-08-2010, 10:06
Thanks also go to Pete from So Cal for prompt dispatch to me of a Sound HiFi SME armboard. Good were as described packed well and arrived yesterday.

Regards D S D L

Spectral Morn
11-08-2010, 10:09
When it comes to packing Andre is the man.

CDs I ordered from him arrived in multiple layers of packing and intact same goes for the Teac Noise unit I got from him too.

Thanks Andre

Regards D S D L

Rare Bird
15-08-2010, 23:53
When it comes to packing Andre is the man.

CDs I ordered from him arrived in multiple layers of packing and intact same goes for the Teac Noise unit I got from him too.

Thanks Andre

Regards D S D L

:kiss:

Thanks Neil..

Marco
16-08-2010, 07:08
"Multiple layers of packing..."

Well I guess that's one way of describing it! :lol: ;)

Seriously though, Andre's a top bloke, and his perfectionism shines through in even this most prosaic of activities: the packing of goods to send to people.

Well done, dude - keep up the good work :cool:

Marco.

magoorty
30-08-2010, 15:08
Many thanks to SPS/Steve for the recent hassle free transaction. He sold me a Technics 1210, accurately described and well packed. Most impressively, he managed to ship it out to me while busy getting ready to go on holiday, so excellent service all round.

Cheers Steve.

Reid Malenfant
01-09-2010, 10:43
I'd just like to say a big thank you to Hugo (shuggie) for the most excellent buying experience i have just had :cheers:

One very well packed Denon DL-103 arrived here today exactly as described along with all the bits & pieces mentioned in his FS listing :)

It was a genuine pleasure to deal with you, here's hoping you receive the JVC cartridge very shortly so you can do your trade in 2532

Kind regards, Mark.

Ammonite Audio
02-09-2010, 16:38
I'd just like to say a big thank you to Hugo (shuggie) for the most excellent buying experience i have just had :cheers:

One very well packed Denon DL-103 arrived here today exactly as described along with all the bits & pieces mentioned in his FS listing :)

It was a genuine pleasure to deal with you, here's hoping you receive the JVC cartridge very shortly so you can do your trade in 2532

Kind regards, Mark.

And it was a pleasure to deal with Mark too! His JVC cartridge arrived safely having been securely packed as promised.

electric beach
06-09-2010, 21:30
A massive public thankyou to Aquapiranha / Steve for the handover of his Sachiko cabinet project. I'll do my best to finish them in style and give them an appreciative environment in company that will do their potential justice and honour the hard work done. The hardest thing I had to do was get the buggers down the stairs - no mean feat in itself :lol:

It was a pleasure to meet you and good luck with your relocation.
Cheers Steve :champagne:

aquapiranha
06-09-2010, 22:21
A massive public thankyou to Aquapiranha / Steve for the handover of his Sachiko cabinet project. I'll do my best to finish them in style and give them an appreciative environment in company that will do their potential justice and honour the hard work done. The hardest thing I had to do was get the buggers down the stairs - no mean feat in itself :lol:

It was a pleasure to meet you and good luck with your relocation.
Cheers Steve :champagne:

It is a pleasure Steve, nice to meet you and Valerie too. I hope you enjoy the Sachiko's I am glad they have gone to a good home.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
17-09-2010, 17:58
Bought a few Jap SHM CD's from Andre

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery SHM-CD
ELP - Welcome Back (2CD) SHM-CD
Genesis - Seconds Out SHM-CD

Easy to deal with no hassle, straight buy.
Well pleased.

Andy - SDDW

Barry
09-10-2010, 15:41
Thanks to Mark (Reid Malenfant) for the CDs he sold me. Very reasonably priced, well packed and promptly dispatched. What more could you ask for?

Thanks again Mark!

Regards

Reid Malenfant
09-10-2010, 17:45
A pleasure to deal with you Barry :) Looks like another will be on the way soon, you might as well wait a while until i list some more though, cheaper postage sending them in bulk ;)

Barry
09-10-2010, 19:55
A pleasure to deal with you Barry :) Looks like another will be on the way soon, you might as well wait a while until I list some more though, cheaper postage sending them in bulk ;)

Haha - now that's what I call salesmanship! :eyebrows:

Regards

DanJennings
13-10-2010, 18:06
received a rare 7" from Chris (Wazoo) and it has arrived quickly and in perfect condition, I'm very happy with it. Thanks Chris!

and having just scrolled through the later few pages of this thread, I realise that I forgot to thank Andre for the CDs he sent me ages ago. Sorry mate! They of course arrived in perfect condition too.

The Grand Wazoo
13-10-2010, 18:43
received a rare 7" from Chris (Wazoo) and it has arrived quickly and in perfect condition, I'm very happy with it. Thanks Chris!

...........and I'd like to thank Dan for the stuff he sent me in return. It was in mint condition. And my bank manager tells me it's quite rare as well!
A happy outcome for all concerned then.

Rare Bird
13-10-2010, 18:56
Thanks Dan..

Reid Malenfant
14-10-2010, 13:07
Received today one Cambridge Audio C500 pre amplifier courtesy of Horace (Martin in reality ;)) in very nice condition. Nicely packaged & arrived in a timely fashion :)

Cheers Martin, it was a pleasure dealing with you :wave:

horace
14-10-2010, 16:54
Received today one Cambridge Audio C500 pre amplifier courtesy of Horace (Martin in reality ;)) in very nice condition. Nicely packaged & arrived in a timely fashion :)

Cheers Martin, it was a pleasure dealing with you :wave:

Likewise - Mark is a top bloke to deal with.

Many thanks :)

Martin

Marco
21-10-2010, 20:45
Just to say thanks to Darren (Kininigin) for his prompt payment for a Timestep PSU.

It was a pleasure dealing with you, mate, and I hope the PSU hits the spot! :cool:

Marco.

kininigin
23-10-2010, 15:49
Just to say thanks to Darren (Kininigin) for his prompt payment for a Timestep PSU.

It was a pleasure dealing with you, mate, and I hope the PSU hits the spot! :cool:

Marco.

No problem mate,im sure it will hit the spot as soon as i get it up and running.

P.s. If you have any hi fi bits you are thinking of getting rid of jelco arm,tannoys

im your man :lolsign:

The Grand Wazoo
25-10-2010, 22:25
I'd like to request a huge round of applause for Dave Hewitt, who I met last week. He made me a very generous offer of some equipment.

Thank you very much indeed, Dave.

When I drove down to visit Dave, I was expecting to come home with one piece of equipment, but he held a gun to my head and forced me to take more - well, that's what I told my wife!
Thanks again, Dave - what a star!

michaelhigh
25-10-2010, 23:33
Thaks also to Steve (Twelvebears) for selling me some cassette tapes before receiving payment from me. Again, that's what I call trust!

Thanks Steve

Regards

Dang, Barry, I ought to sort my lot and see if I can't find anything to sell ya!:lol:

Dave Hewitt
27-10-2010, 18:51
Just like to thank Steve,Aquapiranha,for delivering some items to me and for his free mystery gift.
Cheers Dave.

aquapiranha
27-10-2010, 19:01
Just like to thank Steve,Aquapiranha,for delivering some items to me and for his free mystery gift.
Cheers Dave.

Thanks again Dave. Oh, don't get too excited about the 'mystery gift'! :lol:

Spectral Morn
02-11-2010, 10:50
I would like to thank two members for items I have got from them recently...and once again to a member I have bought a few things from over the last while.

Firstly Chivas who sold me his Jelco 750D arm, cable and armboard. You Sir are a true gentleman :)

The packing was excellent, condition exactly as described, in fact better..as New. Contact via Email and Pm was first rate and even though there was a slight hick-up with the armboard (he couldn't find it to post it) he kept in contact offered a refund etc and this while he was on holiday. On his return (must have been on the day he got back) he found it, contacted me and posted it on an asap service (it arrived today. Also in better condition than he described as New) You could not ask for better than this. This is the standard to aspire to....well done.

Secondly to Hugo re his Jelco collar.

All I have said above re Chivas applies to Hugo too.....well done excellent item, excellent service.

If AOS awarded awards for this sort of thing then these gentlemen and Andre would get awards from me.

Thank you to all three of you from an impressed and grateful Dalek :)

Regards D S D L

Reid Malenfant
03-11-2010, 13:52
Just a quickie to say what a pleasure it was dealing with Damian (dgdgdgdgdg) in relation to the sale of a load of classical CDs ;) Thanks Damian, you should receive them very shortly :)

Also cheers to Chris (sarnies) who was also very nice to deal with via PM :) Your CDs have been sent out today & you should also receive them very shortly as well..

Enjoy the music chaps :cool:

Now to sort out a few more people :eyebrows:

aquapiranha
06-11-2010, 22:30
Just had the pleasure of meeting Ali Tait when he came to swap his Fostex MLTL's for my OB's. Very nice chap and very pleased with the speakers, thanks Ali.

Rare Bird
07-11-2010, 15:20
I would like to thank two members for items I have got from them recently...and once again to a member I have bought a few things from over the last while.

Firstly Chivas who sold me his Jelco 750D arm, cable and armboard. You Sir are a true gentleman :)

The packing was excellent, condition exactly as described, in fact better..as New. Contact via Email and Pm was first rate and even though there was a slight hick-up with the armboard (he couldn't find it to post it) he kept in contact offered a refund etc and this while he was on holiday. On his return (must have been on the day he got back) he found it, contacted me and posted it on an asap service (it arrived today. Also in better condition than he described as New) You could not ask for better than this. This is the standard to aspire to....well done.

Secondly to Hugo re his Jelco collar.

All I have said above re Chivas applies to Hugo too.....well done excellent item, excellent service.

If AOS awarded awards for this sort of thing then these gentlemen and Andre would get awards from me.

Thank you to all three of you from an impressed and grateful Dalek :)

Regards D S D L

Hi Neil:
Thanks once again & thanks for being appreciative.

Spectral Morn
08-11-2010, 08:27
Hi Neil:
Thanks once again & thanks for being appreciative.

You deserve it Andre :)

Regards D S D L

sarnies
09-11-2010, 19:50
Bought some cd's from Mark ( Reid Malenfant ) and have to say 'twas a pleasure doing business, Mark is a thoroughly nice chap and easy to deal with. The cd's were despatched promptly, exceedingly well packed and in top condition.

Have no hesitation taking advantage of Mark's offers.

Reid Malenfant
09-11-2010, 19:59
Thanks Chris, my pleasure (at making some room in this house :eyebrows:).

Pleased you are happy & thanks for the feedback :)

Canetoad
11-11-2010, 20:11
Just quick note to say Technobear is a pleasure to do business with. The Caiman he sold me is like new and arrived quickly and well packaged. It even works! :eek:

Dave Hewitt
12-11-2010, 20:06
Had a visit this evening from a wise man bearing gifts,goes by the name of aquapiranha,thanks again Steve.
Dave.

aquapiranha
12-11-2010, 20:13
Had a visit this evening from a wise man bearing gifts,goes by the name of aquapiranha,thanks again Steve.
Dave.

No, thank YOU Dave for your gifts! Christams has come early!

Also, I had the pleasure of meeting Hamish today and doing a deal on my amp etc. Hamish is a very nice bloke indeed, as well as great to do business with! Cheers Hamish.

Greg2010
13-11-2010, 11:12
Thanks to Mike for the 300b's, very efficient and an easy gent to deal with.

Regards
Greg

dgdgdgdgdg
13-11-2010, 23:42
Just a quickie to say what a pleasure it was dealing with Damian (dgdgdgdgdg) in relation to the sale of a load of classical CDs ;) Thanks Damian, you should receive them very shortly :)

Also cheers to Chris (sarnies) who was also very nice to deal with via PM :) Your CDs have been sent out today & you should also receive them very shortly as well..

Enjoy the music chaps :cool:

Now to sort out a few more people :eyebrows:

Mark (Reid Malenfant) - it was a pleasure doing business ref the CD's.
Many Thanks
Damian

dgdgdgdgdg
13-11-2010, 23:46
Brainz2000 - Many thanks for a super smooth transaction - very fast payment and excellent communication

Damian

Barry
16-11-2010, 18:29
Thanks to Mark (Reid Malenfant) for the classical CDs he sold me. Well packed, they arrived in perfect condition. :)

Looks like my evening's listening (all 11 hour's worth) is mapped out for me! :lol:

Thanks again Mark - pleasure doing business with you.

Regards

Reid Malenfant
16-11-2010, 18:34
Mark (Reid Malenfant) - it was a pleasure doing business ref the CD's.
Many Thanks
Damian
Thanks Damian, likewise with yourself ;) Cheers for the purchases :)

Thanks to Mark (Reid Malenfant) for the the classical CDs he sold me. Well packed, they arrived in perfect condition. :)

Looks like my evening's listening (all 11 hours worth) is mapped out for me! :lol:

Thanks again Mark - pleasure doing business with you.

Regards
Cheers to you Barry :cool: It was a pleasure as before ;)

Enjoy the music, well i certainly hope you do at any rate!

The Grand Wazoo
30-11-2010, 23:10
I've got to say thanks a lot to Barry this evening.
I received a package with a lovely pair of Brimar valves today, and all for a fantastic price.

I've said it before & I'll say it again - You're a true gent Barry, thanks a lot!

Reid Malenfant
07-12-2010, 16:06
I'd just like to say thank you to Joe (The Black Adder) for a most pleasant buying experience :) One incredibly well packed (but frozen :eyebrows:) laptop PC arrived today & was as decribed.

Allowing it to warm up to room temperature by having the output of a de-humidifier blow over it soon got rid of a serious amount of condensation, the poor thing was below freezing point after all :lol:

Works a treat now it's warm :cool:

Now i just need to give it a heart transplant :eyebrows: 7200RPM HDD going in there...

Cheers Joe, i'd happily buy from you again :wave:

The Black Adder
07-12-2010, 18:47
Many thanks and same back to you Mike (Reid Malenfant) fantastic guy to deal with yet again! :)

Enjoy the laptop matey, it's a ruddy good one.

Merry Christmas!
Joe

SteveW
07-12-2010, 19:07
Much thanks to David (Swampy) for the Kondo Clone Pre.
A real pleasure.

Steve

Reid Malenfant
07-12-2010, 19:21
Many thanks and same back to you Mike (Reid Malenfant) fantastic guy to deal with yet again! :)

Enjoy the laptop matey, it's a ruddy good one.

Merry Christmas!
Joe
The patient is now running round like Linford Christie :lol:

Back to where it was but with a faster HDD ;) Fun installing a shed load of suff tomorrow :doh:

Oh i'll look after it alright, don't you worry ;) This is exactly the kind of thing i have been after for quite a while :eyebrows:

Thanks once again Joe, a real pleasure dealing with you 3171

Rare Bird
19-12-2010, 18:05
I'd like to thank Will (WAD62) who is great to deal with, very helpfulf & all out generous bloke.

Thanks Will, much appreciated.

Reid Malenfant
22-12-2010, 11:37
A big thank you going out to Mark (sparky68) for the safe delivery of what looks like a good as new Beresford caiman + & various capacitors & op amps :)

Totally as described, very well packaged - a real pleasure to deal with 3288

Merry christmas, a happy new year & i hope 2011 brings you all that you want Mark :cheers:

sparky68
22-12-2010, 12:27
Its my pleasure Mark,
Thank you for the instant payment and your patience,

I hope you enjoy the caiman she is a fantastic bit of kit:)

All the best for Christmas and New Year
Cheers :cool:

Mark

Reid Malenfant
31-12-2010, 12:11
A thank you going out to Chris (The Grand Wazoo) for a rather large amount of some interesting looking cable that i just had delivered :)

Nicely done Sir, it was a pleasure dealing with you 3338

Nicely packaged & on the way very quickly indeed :cool:

Happy new year to you & yours, hope it's a good one ;)

WAD62
31-12-2010, 15:49
I'd like to thank Will (WAD62) who is great to deal with, very helpfulf & all out generous bloke.

Thanks Will, much appreciated.

No problem Andre, the poor thing needed a more capable owner...

All the best for the new year :cool:

Rare Bird
31-12-2010, 20:15
Thanks again Will.I've sorted it & it's now working fine.

WAD62
01-01-2011, 09:32
Thanks again Will.I've sorted it & it's now working fine.

Excellent!!! :)

The Grand Wazoo
04-01-2011, 00:58
A thank you going out to Chris (The Grand Wazoo) for a rather large amount of some interesting looking cable that i just had delivered

You're welcome Mark, I'm glad that you can find a use for at least some of it!

Rare Bird
07-01-2011, 08:12
Can i just thank Marco very much for the very generous gift regarding the Christmas Banner competition prize win Re: Blue Jeans cables.very well packed & full of Christmas cheer. Thanks again Marco. I really like the sound of them & are now replacements over some pretty expensive cables i was using prior to these..

Marco
07-01-2011, 08:28
No worries, mate - you're very welcome. Glad the cables have hit the spot! :)

Marco.

Alex_UK
07-01-2011, 20:25
Can i just thank Marco very much for the very generous gift regarding the Christmas Banner competition prize win Re: Blue Jeans cables.very well packed & full of Christmas cheer. Thanks again Marco. I really like the sound of them & are now replacements over some pretty expensive cables i was using prior to these..

Me and all - cheers chap - look forward to buying you a beer at Scalford. :cool:

Rare Bird
07-01-2011, 21:06
I'll have 10 aswell :lolsign:

keiths
08-01-2011, 13:08
I'd like to say a big thank you to jon1 for the excellent and speedy service I received when buying his Mark Grant G1000HD cable.

Great bloke to deal with.

Cheers,

jon1
08-01-2011, 15:59
I'd like to say a big thank you to jon1 for the excellent and speedy service I received when buying his Mark Grant G1000HD cable.

Great bloke to deal with.

Cheers,

Cheers, keith:)

jon

vinylspinner
14-01-2011, 19:59
:cool: Just like to say many thanks to Jon1 for a very quick and smooth transaction with regards to the Mark Grant cables.

Superb communication, next day delivery, could'nt ask for more, a real gent.

many thanks Jon

regards

Nigel

jon1
14-01-2011, 20:29
:cool: Just like to say many thanks to Jon1 for a very quick and smooth transaction with regards to the Mark Grant cables.

Superb communication, next day delivery, couldn't ask for more, a real gent.

many thanks Jon

regards

Nigel

Cheers nigel thanks for a painless transaction it has being a pleasure:eyebrows:

jon

kininigin
20-01-2011, 12:40
I would like to thank john (sugdenfan),for the quick and easy transaction for the
Jelco arm,exactly as described great communication and hassel free :)

sugdenfan
20-01-2011, 18:39
Thanks Darren, hope you enjoy the arm, regards John.

synsei
24-01-2011, 18:38
I'd like to offer belated thanks to Chris (Satan Friendly) for an excellent transaction involving a rather sexy Thorens TD160mkII, SME SeriesIII, and a few other items which he very kindly threw in with the deal. I drove all the way to Liverpool to pick up the Thorens and I'm very glad I did. I spent a very enjoyable few hours with both Chris and his son chatting about hifi, music, scifi and life in general. We also listened to some spiffing sounds on his fantastic systems. You're a real gent Chris, thanks a million buddy... :fingers:

synsei
24-01-2011, 19:25
I'd also like to thank Stan Beresford for the excellent Gator'd Caiman he supplied me. Been about a month of ownership now and the little box of tricks just keeps getting better and better... ;)

Stan has the patience of a saint :lol: To explain: I paid for the Caiman via PayPal and at that very moment PP decided to launch a security investigation into my account, thus freezing it in mid-transaction. The security check halted 4 ongoing transactions altogether leading to a very stressful and frantic evening contacting the four sellers to explain what the devil was going on. Three of the sellers, one of them being Stan, were absolutely fine about the situation. The remaining seller was a complete sod though and cancelled the sale with a very curt email despite my careful and polite explanation of the situation. Needless to say I won't be purchasing from this outfit again... :rolleyes:

Macca
31-01-2011, 10:59
Quick shout out to Jerry (JANDL100) - bought 2 power amps from him, arrived next day after shipped - no hassle whatsoever - I know his reputation needs no additional burnishing but hey!

flapland
02-02-2011, 20:37
Quick thank you to John for the T-Amp. Very easy to deal with and was happy to demo with is excellent open baffle speakers and also show off his excellent Valve Power amp and home built !!!!!! balanced power supply.

John
02-02-2011, 22:16
Yes it was fun chatting hope you enjoy the amp The balanced power supply is a prototype built by Tim from MAD Never got round to putting it in a decent case
When you heard the power amp I forgot to turn on the subplates to the bass so just hearing the main drivers do all the work on that John Zorn track (Impressive!)

kininigin
06-02-2011, 10:26
thanks goes out to hugo for the jelco cable which did arrive next day :)

keiths
10-02-2011, 18:29
Kudos to David "Mains Cables R Us" Brooks for selling me his Belkin PF30 for a bargain price and for giving me a headshell for my Techie SL-1500 (including a bonus Ortofon VMS20EC Mk II cartridge - and the PF30 came with a fancy mains plug fitted :))

Many thanks David - really appreciate it mate. :cool:

Techno Commander
10-02-2011, 19:24
Big thanks to Mark (Reid Malenfant) for the large box of DVDs which have just arrived. :)

Top chap to deal with.:cool:

Reid Malenfant
10-02-2011, 19:26
Cheers Andy, i'm pleased you are happy ;) Likewise it was a pleasure dealing with you to chap :)

ATB fella..

SteveW
10-02-2011, 19:40
Many thanks to Hifi Dave (Radelett Audio).
Great service and also a great deal on my new pair of Harbeth P3ESR's.

Nice one... oh and they sound fantastic.

Alex_UK
10-02-2011, 20:42
Great service and also a great deal on my new pair of Harbeth P3ESR's.

Ooohh - you kept that quiet? :scratch: We need to see pics and your thoughts! Congratulations on your new babies!

SteveW
10-02-2011, 20:59
Ooohh - you kept that quiet? :scratch: We need to see pics and your thoughts! Congratulations on your new babies!
I know.. its been a bit of a time of it. Basically a new system in the main room.. I'll shove some stuff up on the gallery dodah..
Any way... buy stuff from Hifi Dave...top bloke !

Darren Cotter
11-02-2011, 18:53
Hi All,

I just wanted to thank Mark (Reid Malenfant) for the purchase of his Beresford Caiman+ DAC. He double checked it was working correctly before sending, and also included a few free goodies should I want to do some modding. It arrived in Jersey in only two days, and was very well packaged.

I would highly recommend him to any potential purchaser, and look forward to dealing with him in the future.

Regards,

Darren

Reid Malenfant
11-02-2011, 19:02
Cheers Darren :) Likewise it was a pleasure dealing with Darren, lightning fast payment & a very courteous fellow indeed. Cheers for being patient Darren, i wouldn't dream of selling anything untested but the chance of listening to a decent system again for an evening spurred me on to try it out :eyebrows:

ATB to you & enjoy the new lease of life from your AV player :)

hifi_dave
11-02-2011, 21:57
A big thank you to SteveW for being a very pleasant customer.

DSJR
11-02-2011, 23:49
Another great shout for Mark (Reid Malenfant) for very secure and fast despatch of the DVD's I've gratefully received. I thought I'd post thanks here instead of via PM, as good deals and deeds need to be publicised I reckon :)

Thanks again sir, you're a star :)

Rare Bird
12-02-2011, 00:36
Another great shout for Mark (Reid Malenfant) for very secure and fast despatch of the DVD's I've gratefully received. I thought I'd post thanks here instead of via PM, as good deals and deeds need to be publicised I reckon :)

Thanks again sir, you're a star :)

Nice one Dave, Season One rules, i couldnt watch S2 in the same light without Barry Morse (Victor Bergman) but saying that Catherine Schell is well sexy until she changes into something or another :( , ultimately i gave my mate my S1999 sets cos it didnt have a patch on UFO at the end of the day imho!

Reid Malenfant
12-02-2011, 11:55
Hi Dave, pleased you received them & very pleased you are happy :) Likewise it was a pleasure dealing with you :cool:

Enjoy the DVDs :)

Spectral Morn
13-02-2011, 13:04
Just bought a black SME Technics armboard and Herbies mat from freem. Items are just as described and posted in proper packaging, so arrived as sent.

freem also showed great restraint when it looked like the post office had lost the items. He offered to refund me but I said lets hold off just in case they come. They arrived today. I have never had post on a Sunday before :eek:

I can now modify my silver SME armboard in the hope I can get my Graham phantom arm to fit :) That's the plan anyway.

freem is a gentleman and I would not hestitate to buy from him again.

Regards D S D L

Barry
14-02-2011, 12:34
I should like to thank Chris (The Grand Wazoo) for the Quad 520f power amplifier he sold me.

Thanks to the excellent packing (up to André's standards) the amplifier arrived safely. I appreciated the insurance cover on the delivery (the amp weighs 13Kg).

Another toy for me to play with! I now have 14 items by Quad; perhaps I should start a museum.

Thanks Chris

The Grand Wazoo
14-02-2011, 12:49
Well, what can I say?
Barry sent me the money for this amp back in November and various events conspired for us to leave it for this long for me to actually send it - Barry wanted me to wait until May(!!), which I must say is incredibly trusting of him.
After all that, of course, I absolutely had to ensure that it arrived in his hands in one piece.

I hope you enjoy it Barry.

Alex_UK
16-02-2011, 23:36
Thanks to David (Mains Cables R Us) for my Furutech brush and Blue Horizon Clean-It - quick delivery and an easy transaction, so buy with confidence.

Filterlab
17-02-2011, 13:36
I grabbed a lovely Behringer DEQ2496 off Hamish the other day.

Unit: Excellent

Price: Excellent

Despatch time: Excellent

...so all in all a very good purchase. :)

Barry
19-02-2011, 01:42
Thanks to Simon (Si74) for prompt payment for the valves I sold him.

snapper
23-02-2011, 14:35
Thanks to John for the valve amp.Arrived safe and sound and very well packaged.

Hooked up to an old pair of Kans and pumping out some Led Zeppelin

:stalks: :stalks: :stalks: :stalks: :stalks: :stalks:

it sounds damn fine for a tenner delivered.

Thanks again John.

Marco
23-02-2011, 15:27
Ha - wee stoaterheid enters the world of glowing bulbs! :eyebrows:

Nice one, dude. I look forward to listening to it next time I'm up :cool:

Marco.

Greg2010
27-02-2011, 15:55
Thank you Darrell (Our dog Max) and David (Swampy) for sorting out the sale of the Goodmans.
It would be hard to find a pair of more knowlegeable and friendly gentlemen. Thanks for the hospitality and please thank Mavis for me once again guys.

Kind Regards,
Greg

montesquieu
28-02-2011, 23:32
Thanks to Ali for a super-smooth deal on the Duncan 'Williams Audio' Tripath amp. Listening to it now.

Spectral Morn
02-03-2011, 14:06
King Crimson CD just arrived from Andre.

Brilliantly packed, in condition described...perfect, 10 out of 10 once again.

Regards D S D L

Rare Bird
02-03-2011, 15:17
Great stuff Neil..Thanks again & enjoy..

Spectral Morn
02-03-2011, 16:02
Great stuff Neil..Thanks again & enjoy..

Just listened to it very good indeed :)

Regards D S D L

Tim
02-03-2011, 16:12
A couple of mentions here, firstly to Stan for the Beresford Caiman DAC. We spoke on the phone as I had a couple of questions that needed answering before ordering. 2 days later the unit arrived by 0900, well packed and in good order.

Secondly, I have placed two orders now with Mark Grant, had instant responses via email and the items delivered by next day. Top service all round from both these sellers/members

100% happy and thanks guys. :)

sugdenfan
07-03-2011, 19:32
Received the Jelco arm collar from Shuggie and would like to say many thanks, John

keiths
12-03-2011, 12:48
Many thanks to Martin - mole0937 - for the LPs I bought from him. All arrived safely with no problems. Thanks.

snapper
17-03-2011, 12:32
A big thank you to Lurcher for taking the time and trouble to make me some loading plugs.

Very good price and lightning fast delivery.

Barry
22-03-2011, 23:24
Thanks to Matt (schneiderhan) for his prompt payment for an arm and cartridge I sold him.

Trust you enjoy your purchase.

Regards

Rare Bird
06-04-2011, 14:54
Well a friend of mine has tried quite a lot of HDMI cables between his Sky & TV/ DVD Recorder & TV with nothing but dissapointmet everytime, he was happy but never loked right to me, an afternoons PM exchange with our own Mark (Reid Malenfant) who recommended to try the Mark Grant 'G720' HDMI to HDMI cables, well they arrived Friday & my 'o' my they are like bull ropes compared to the previous cables (impressive before even plugging them in) & the picture is a vast improvement, i think this is about as good as he's gonna get.So a big thanks very much to both Mark Grant for his exceptional service & products & Reid Malenfant excellent help & time..

I'm not into HDMI myself but can't wait to try the Mark Grant '1694A' Component set together with the Canare 'LV61S' on my own DVD machine.

Thanks again you two

Reid Malenfant
06-04-2011, 15:03
Pleased it worked out Andr'e :) If you think the G720 is thick you should see the G1080 :eyebrows:

synsei
07-04-2011, 20:17
I'd like to thank Mark (Reid Malenfant) for his hospitality and kind gift of a switching box to temporarily fix the analogue vs digital issue I'm currently experiencing having switched my Caiman to pre-amp duties.

I'd also like to thank Hugh (hughmc2) and his good lady for their hospitality too, and for also being so understanding when I turned up late to pick up my granite slabs after my sat-nav had a nervous breakdown.

Thank you all ;)

Dave...

Reid Malenfant
07-04-2011, 20:24
You are most welcome Dave, it was of no use to me so might as well get used by you while you have the dilemma of Caiman/Audiolab connections ;)

Yes, i'd also like to thank Hugh for the granite blocks, just took another look at them & i'm not going to change my opinion - most excellent!

Cheers Hugh :)

Totally forgot to use this thread :doh:

Darren Cotter
15-04-2011, 14:06
Hi All,

Many thanks to Nigel (vinylspinner) for some great Mark Grant G1000HD cables. They are in mint condition, and got to Jersey very quickly.

Regards,

Darren

vinylspinner
15-04-2011, 18:23
Hi Darren,

Many thanks for the prompt payment and kind words.

Enjoy the cables.

Nigel

schneiderhan
17-04-2011, 20:27
Cheers to Barry for sale of Decca Blue cartridge and Decca arm - fraid I haven't done much with them yet but watch this space. Great comms and all beautifully packaged.

Matt

The Grand Wazoo
22-04-2011, 19:52
A big load of thanks to Martin (mole0937) for the LP's he sent me. Those records are in great condition, clean, tidy & sounding good.
Thanks Martin!

Barry
27-04-2011, 20:21
I should like to thank Dave (hifi dave) for the prompt payment on the turntable and arm I sold him.

It was good to meet you Dave, and I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Regards

hifi_dave
03-05-2011, 21:56
Thank you Barry, it was good to meet you and put a face to the name.

Thank you also for the great packing and personal delivery.

MartinT
04-05-2011, 08:46
Thank you Tom (montesquieu) for the sale of his Shelter 501-II cartridge.

synsei
06-05-2011, 15:46
A big THANK YOU :cheers: to Mark (Reid Malenfant) for the DR5, the first component I've added to my system which truly revealed its strengths. Along with the DM2's, they've allowed the equipment to step out of the way and now all I can hear is the music. Happy days... :cool:

Reid Malenfant
06-05-2011, 17:06
Hi Dave, you are more than welcome fella ;) Haven't checked the bank account yet as i can't over the phone for security reasons :rolleyes: However i'm sure all will be revealed to be totally satisfactory when i do :cool:

Enjoy the music chap :exactly:

Don't forget to come & watch Avatar on the big screen sometime & that your CD is still here, i did find the bits on CD 1 that threaten to cause damage :eyebrows:

Have a good weekend :cool:

misterharrison
08-05-2011, 16:52
Re: EAR 834P sold to me by Jason:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10373

Jason was a true gent - he went out of his way to put my mind at ease for this international transaction (I live in Portugal). I am listening right now and grinning from EAR to ear...

Cheers Jason!

Gromit
14-05-2011, 09:56
Bought Bryan's (Bryan76) Beresford Caimain - it arrived, in perfect condition, hardly 24 hours after I'd paid for it.

Top chap.

And it doesn't sound too shabby either - that's the Caiman, not Bryan. ;)

Jonboy
14-05-2011, 10:19
I've Just got Duncans latest copper dac (tubehunter) very well packed and as always a true gentleman to deal with.

A pic to be going with, i will hopefully give it a good listening to over the weekend, now i have two of his dacs to play with i feel like a dog with two dicks

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp272/jonboy_01/DSC_0098.jpg

The Grand Wazoo
23-05-2011, 22:54
Here's me, once again offering deep gratitude to Barry for acts above and beyond the call of duty.

Barry sold to me a Goldring G99 turntable, Decca arm & cartridge, as previously seen on this very forum.

This deal was so significant that it had to take place in neutral territory - a different country, in fact! No-one else would have us, so the Welsh took pity on us, hosted the event & provided witnesses to ensure that fair play was seen to be done.
Cardboard boxes were transferred from car to car, cheques were written, hands were shaken & beer was quoffed. Job done!

Thanks a lot Barry!

Barry
24-05-2011, 20:58
Here's me, once again offering deep gratitude to Barry for acts above and beyond the call of duty.

Barry sold to me a Goldring G99 turntable, Decca arm & cartridge, as previously seen on this very forum.

This deal was so significant that it had to take place in neutral territory - a different country, in fact! No-one else would have us, so the Welsh took pity on us, hosted the event & provided witnesses to ensure that fair play was seen to be done.
Cardboard boxes were transferred from car to car, cheques were written, hands were shaken & beer was quoffed. Job done!

Thanks a lot Barry!

If it had taken place in an underground car park late at night, it would indeed have looked like a scene from the ‘Ipcress File’!

Secret agent Chris (codename: The Grand Wazoo) was waiting with co-agent Misha. I turned up with my Welsh contact, and ‘puppet master’ Marco, being cognoscent of the whole operation, was ready to swing into action should there be any hiccup with ‘transfer’. After exchange of the correct coded phrases and secret Masonic handshake the transfer was successfully made

Hope you enjoy your new acquisition Chris and find it all lives up to my enthusiastic reports. It was good to met you, and thanks to Misha for introducing me to Thwaites honey beer.

Happy listening

Regards

kininigin
04-06-2011, 16:07
just like to thank graham (gthang) for super fast payment for a jelco counter weight :cool:

phoenixpete
07-06-2011, 14:14
Thanks to John for picking up the Marantz 2225 this morning and especially for promising to lend me a Preamp to try, and driving it from London to do so!!
Top bloke and he even finished a cup of my tea.:lolsign:

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2011, 23:24
I'm happy to report that I conducted a thoroughly fantastic transaction with Martin (T). He sold me a tonearm this week for a great price, packed it immaculately & got it off in the post lickety-split.
Very civilised!
Martin, you're a gent.
Thank you very much indeed.

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2011, 23:27
Also on the honours roll for tonight is yer man Hamish who bought my Grado headphones from me. Payment arrived as soon as was humanly possible!
Cheers mate.

vinylspinner
10-06-2011, 19:05
Many thanks to Joe aka The Black Adder for a problem free transaction regarding the Belkin pf40.

thanks mate.:):)

Nigel

Canetoad
11-06-2011, 10:16
Many thanks to Peter Stockwell for a problem free transaction (Mark Grant interconnects). A pleasure to do business with :)

synsei
13-06-2011, 20:41
Thanks to Dave Brooks (Mains Cables R Us) for the No14 Mains Cable. I highly recommend this product and the service from Dave was excellent. However, I am now wishing I'd ordered a slightly longer lead as this one is just a wee bit too short which resulted in me having to rearrange my rack. Oh well, that'll teach me to measure up beforehand next time. :doh:

vinylspinner
24-06-2011, 19:34
Many thanks to Hamish for a problem free transaction regarding the Sony Qs930 cd player.

thanks mate.:cool:

Nigel

Macca
25-06-2011, 15:38
Thanks to Nick (Scoobs) for my lovely new SL1200. A pleasure to do business with you Nick.

MartinT
26-06-2011, 15:01
Thanks to Peter Stockwell who bought my Bob's Devices CineMag step-up transformer in an excellent transaction.

Reid Malenfant
28-06-2011, 16:44
A big thank you to Lance (Elvis's last movement) for dropping round what must be the biggest pair of speakers to house a 7" bass unit i have ever come accross :eek: I have seen 15" drivers in smaller enclosures :eyebrows:

Nice to meet you to, i'm sure your wife will be happy knowing you haven't got a room full of kit like this as well come to think about it :lol:

Hope you enjoy the new Kefs chap :)

Yoga
30-06-2011, 09:01
Nick (scoobs) and I just completed an equipment swap, very nice guy, up front and helpful.

worthingpagan
02-07-2011, 16:39
Thanks to Icehockeyboy (Craig) for prompt payment for the cables he bought from me ;)

Mike
02-07-2011, 16:44
Thanks to Mark (worthingpagan) for the cables.

I don't think the payment has even arrived yet. Top bloke! :)

worthingpagan
02-07-2011, 17:19
Nearly forgot, thanks to Mike (The Alien) for buying my speaker cables and keeping my mrs happy by cleaning up the lounge :lol: Lookin forward to the arrival of the money pigeon :cool:

icehockeyboy
02-07-2011, 20:43
Thanks to Icehockeyboy (Craig) for prompt payment for the cables he bought from me ;)

Ditto to Mark for the speed he posted them, and how quickly they were delivered! :)

camtwister
02-07-2011, 22:22
I'd like to thank Stan Beresford and Mark & Tracey Grant for first class customer service and for the excellence of their products.

Spectral Morn
03-07-2011, 10:55
Thanks to Nick (scoobs) for the Denon DL103 cart. Not tried it yet (way too much happening here at the minute :doh:) but everything looks exactly as he described it.

Good packaging and quick dispatch :cool:

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK
12-07-2011, 15:03
Massive thanks to Jerry (jandl100) for the Nagaoka MP-30 cartidge which arrived today as promised. Jerry kept me informed at every step by PM and it arrived in exactly the condition described, and packed to survive a nuclear holocaust (I kid you not - the Post Office could have driven a forklift truck over it (they probably did!) and it would have got here unscathed - it was like playing pass the parcel there were so many layers of protection...) ...Mind you, I guess Jerry has a bit of experience with hifi and packaging...! :eyebrows: ;)

Cheers again - if there is anyone out there who hasn't bought anything from Jerry, then buy with confidence. :)

Cosey Man
12-07-2011, 18:10
thanks to joe ( BlackAdder ) received 4 x EL84 today ,very well packed for a long trip , great to deal with ,very easy transaction a true gent , buy with confidence .

best regards

jim

worthingpagan
19-07-2011, 16:19
Thanks to ColinB for selling me a great pair of Chord Solid i/c's :cool:

Rare Bird
08-08-2011, 21:15
Some time ago i kitted out my disabled mate out i look after with a good stereo based around my Old A&R 'A60' i bought in the mid 80's & a new Sony 'SACD' player i hated,but he liked unfortunatly i didnt have a good quality 5 Din to two RCAto give him that would tame the player..Enter Simon (sburrell) with his generosity in agreeing to do Phil a discount on the Mark Grant lead he a good guy to deal with & i am greatful for what he did for the guy, he appreciates it & so do i. Thanks again Simon, he now has a super sounding stereo..

ATB
Andr'e

synsei
07-09-2011, 00:31
It's acts of kindness such as those mentioned above that restores my faith in human nature... :respect: :) :cool:

Barry
22-09-2011, 16:29
Many thanks to Lee for the Dylan CD.

First rate packing and first class post - perfect! I'm playing it now.

Thanks again

Reid Malenfant
28-09-2011, 17:02
Many thanks to Jim (trailer) for the safe delivery of one Monarchy Audio DIP 48/96 upsampler. Incredibly well packaged if i do say so myself & as good as new :)

A pleasure to deal with you chap :cool:

keiths
29-09-2011, 15:06
A big thank you to Andy (Tarzan) for the Stanton 681eee received safely this morning. Super-easy transaction and a nice guy to deal with

Cheers,

Spectral Morn
30-09-2011, 12:18
Just bought an ADC LMG-1 magnesium headshell from Dingdong (Mark) which arrived today, packaged well and in the condition stated.

Transaction was smooth and problem free :)

Regards D S D L

trailer
30-09-2011, 18:09
Many thanks to Jim (trailer) for the safe delivery of one Monarchy Audio DIP 48/96 upsampler. Incredibly well packaged if i do say so myself & as good as new :)

A pleasure to deal with you chap :cool:

Many thanks. I can return the excellent feedback to Mark. Great communication and understanding.

And again, a pleasure to do business with.