PDA

View Full Version : VRDS Wanted (or is it?)

Alan
15-02-2008, 14:56
Want to try a TEAC due to almost universal praise. Can't stand the yamada's mechanical noise much longer, though I agree with what I was told initially: Impossible to beat as a transport for £20.
Are these TEACs available under £100? I've heard they are but not been looking long. I would rather a transport only (T1, isn't it?) as I'm happy with my Beresford. BTW, is the transport smaller then the full player?

Any suggestions welcome re this or alternatives. Budget is quite tight right now, but if the results are there I will consider any leftfield ideas (Well I did try a DVDP didn't I?). Thank you.:)

Filterlab
15-02-2008, 15:00
Well there's three VRDS mechanism drives by Teac I understand. The T1 transport and the 7 and 10 players. They are quite popular so you may not find one for under a currant, but there's always the Pioneer PD range of players which had the stable platter mechanism to consider.

Vinyl Grinder
15-02-2008, 17:27
Fixed laser mech's the way to go..

Alan
15-02-2008, 21:41
Useful advice which I will have to swat up on. Pioneer PD? Have heard their transports are used widely under license (especially in switzerland - ha!). Is PD a line of products? If not, how do I identify the transports?
Andre - is there an easy way to identify who use fixed lazer mechs? If anyone has suggestions or experience, please be assured of my appreciative attention.

Vinyl Grinder
15-02-2008, 22:06
Andre - is there an easy way to identify who use fixed lazer mechs? If anyone has suggestions or experience, please be assured of my appreciative attention.

Some Sony, Meridian, Naim to name a couple.