PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Surrey

Lodgesound
11-02-2009, 12:01
Hi All;

I was drawn here looking for open reel tape machine pictures and found a little piece of heaven.....

I collect and actively use professional open reel machines. My current main system comprises an Otari MTR 12, Nagra T Audio and a Nagra D with BBC LS 5/8 monitors driven with a pair of Quad 405-2's. The 2 analogue tape machines are equipped with Dolby A and SR.

Look forward to engaging with some of you vintage gear-heads.

Stewart.

Marco
11-02-2009, 15:51
Hi Stewart,

Welcome to AOS :)

There are plenty of vintage heads here so get stuck in and enjoy!

Marco.

Spectral Morn
11-02-2009, 17:27
Hi Lodgesound

Welcome to AOS.....I do have an interest in some vintage kit...and would love a reel to reel...Some Day.

Anyway despite not being an expert on such matters I just wanted to say hello and welcome.

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

Beechwoods
11-02-2009, 19:31
Glad you decided to join, Lodgesound. I tend to go on about reel to reel a bit so it might have been some of my pictures that enticed you in :) Your collection sounds fantastic, and I'd love to see some pictures when you get the time - we love our system threads in The Gallery :)

Funnily enough I've just invested in a Quad-based 'heart' to my system, a 33 and 303 which should be arriving shortly. I thought it would be nice to have a vintage amp-setup to go with my main vintage sources.

It'll be good to get your input on things of an analogue and tape pursuasion!

Welcome to AOS :respect:

Filterlab
12-02-2009, 13:32
Hello and welcome to The Art of Sound! (from me also in Surrey). ;)

pulsestudio
13-02-2009, 00:08
Hi Stewart, yes another analogue newbie here too, and another vintage head into R 2 R machines, valve guitar amps and anything over 30 years old, but not my women ;)
Seems that Nick is a Reel Man too, great !! I knew I made the right choice to get stuck in on this forum, already I have found people who like something other than a particular Named brand to talk about.
Paul