PDA

View Full Version : Today's lunch

Marco
08-09-2012, 16:04
It was such a lovely day, so I decided to eat outside. Del had eaten earlier, but joined me for a drink, after preparing some home-made Chinese munches!

To start: lemon and corriander marinated chicken wings and vegetable spring rolls with a honey and sesame-seed salad, and soy sauce side-dip, accompanied by a tomato, red onion and fresh chilli relish:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/715/img1782ax.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/img1782ax.jpg/)

Followed by a nice big bowl of salt & pepper ribs, topped with fresh corriander, accompanied by some egg-fried noodles, baby sweetcorn, sugar-snap peas and asparagus:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1342/img1784fw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/img1784fw.jpg/)

Yum yum! All washed down with a few glasses of beautifully chilled Côtes de Provence rosé! :cheers:

Marco.

Rare Bird
08-09-2012, 16:14
Don't forget to put that slate back on the roof brfore the rain comes :eyebrows:

Tim
08-09-2012, 16:17
Don't forget to put that slate back on the roof brfore the rain comes
Eee's a bit posh our Marco, ain't e André :eyebrows:

Marco
08-09-2012, 16:20
Don't forget to put that slate back on the roof brfore the rain comes :eyebrows:

:lolsign:

Aye!

Marco.

Marco
08-09-2012, 16:39
Eee's a bit posh our Marco, ain't e André :eyebrows:

The butler's just out of shot, unfortunately, but the chef was sitting next to me! :D

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 17:12

:lol:

mmmm salt n chili ribs. I love 'em but my stomach doesn't :(

I'm having a steak with some bits of cauliflower. Pudding is some beer.

Marco
08-09-2012, 17:32
With "some bits of cauliflower"... Love it. Don't try getting a job writing menus for posh restaurants, Martin! :eyebrows:

Today's plat du jour:

"A dod of meat covered with some bits of cauliflower" £25.

Mmmm... Appetising!! :lol: ;)

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 17:42
Well you have to manage the customers expectations don't you? Everywhere you go has these stupid fancy menu descriptions now, even Harvester. Then the food arrives and it's 'WTF?'

And 'Dave' is a TV channel, Marco...:)

Marco
08-09-2012, 17:46
Sorry, Martin (now changed) - too much vino! :eyebrows:

Harvester? Oh dear, salmonella city! :spew: Soz, I never eat anywhere where they make you pay for your food, FIRST, before you've eaten it!! :nono:

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 17:56
Nah you pay afterwards. It was that bad one time I did refuse to pay - in fact that was the last time I went. I hate chain pubs and chain resteraunts and always avoid them like the plague but if you are with people who are, shall we say, a little less discerning, then you get dragged along to these places, like it or not.

Marco
08-09-2012, 18:04
Thanks for the correction, although I thought that Harvester was a chain? Anyway, it's not the type of place I frequent. Totally agree about chain pubs and restaurants - most are horrid beyond belief!

You should make the less discerning rise to your standards, rather than you lowering to theirs!! ;)

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 18:08
It is a chain. If you eat in the bar you pay up front but they have waitress service section too where you pay after. It is hard to raise the standards of the discerning when all they will eat is steak, burgers or pizza.

Marco
08-09-2012, 18:14
Lol... You're associating with the wrong types, old bean. Do these people wear shell suits and trackies, and shop in Farmfoods? :eyebrows: ;)

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 18:23
lol I am wearing trackies right now...

Okay how is this?

'Mouth watering Scottish beef steak seasoned with sea salt and ground black pepper, pan fried to perfection and served with crisp, fresh florets of cauliflower and Broccolli'

Hmm, actually feeling hungry now, maybe it works...

guyhayton
08-09-2012, 18:38
3 cloves of garlic crushed into sizzling Spanish Olive Oil (lighter than italian)
Browned off some lean beef mince - minced today by the butcher at my local farmshop. Mixed in some roughly chopped anchovy fillets and then drained the meat.

Fried a diced onion in a little more of the olive oil and added a teaspoon of tomato paste.... returned the meat to the pan. Added some freshly grilled courgette from the garden and then a tin of chopped tomatoes (the only supermarket ingredient). Seasoned with some salt and black pepper.

I then quickly cooked some freshly made tagliatelle - not too much, the meat sauce was the main, the pasta was to accompany it. Topped off wish some freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Had to eat it straight away - the great thing was I had the Red Arrows flying overhead whilst I ate!!!!

PS: it was the Southport Airshow - I don't usually have planes flying over the house.

Marco
08-09-2012, 18:40
Not bad, Martin.. How about (using some of the same words):

"Pan-fried prime of Aberdeen Angus beef, infused with organic sea salt and freshly milled black pepper, served with tender florets of cauliflower and broccoli".

Does that sound even more mouth-watering? :)

Marco.

guyhayton
08-09-2012, 18:41
Ooops... forgot this was a Hi-Fi forum. Apologies for the post above :eyebrows:

Marco
08-09-2012, 18:44
Lol... Guy, we do have a recipe section, you know! ;)

Btw, your recipe sounds great, apart from one thing: in Italy, your pasta-to-meat quantity would be the other way round.... :)

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 19:01
I'm out of my depth. I overcooked the Broccoli too. ;)

Marco
08-09-2012, 19:08
You mean undercooked... Mine were tender, yours were crisp. If you'd overcooked them, they'd have been too soft! ;)

Who's been on the vino here, you or me? :lol:

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 21:29
You mean undercooked... Mine were tender, yours were crisp. If you'd overcooked them, they'd have been too soft! ;)

Who's been on the vino here, you or me? :lol:

Marco.

I hadn't cooked it yet at that point - It was supposed to be crisp... cauliflower turned out okay though. I left a bit of the steak thought I would have it cold later. I look up from the TV and I see the cat just disappearing with it in his gob...:doh:

Marco
08-09-2012, 21:32
Hehehe... Life's a bitch. Piss in its basket! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Macca
08-09-2012, 21:53
Hehehe... Life's a bitch. Piss in its basket! :eyebrows:

Marco.

You ain't met my cat dude = he would whack me out whilst I'm sleeping. He doesn't like it if I close the curtains whilst he is siting in the window....gets a right cob on.

Marco
09-09-2012, 06:18
Ha - oi likes cats with 'cattitude'! :eyebrows:

You don't mess with my Abella, either, or she'll fuck you up....

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7949/abella.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/abella.jpg/)

Marco.

Macca
09-09-2012, 08:59
That is one hard-faced cat. Stone killer.

StanleyB
09-09-2012, 09:10
I know what he is having for lunch. Ratatouille.

Marco
09-09-2012, 12:01
It's a she, and for lunch, she prefers dogs! :eyebrows:

Marco.