PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster & Brio-R

theriskdude
06-08-2012, 14:45
Has anyone out there used this combination ? I thought I read somewhere here that there may be a compatibility issue but would like to get my facts straight !

Thanks

Mike

StanleyB
07-08-2012, 08:36
Yes some people have had an issue. I have managed to borrow a Brio and I think I got it figured out now. The Brio is somehow affecting the output impedance of the BM. I have made a change to the output layout that offsets this. This is now standard as of the August production run.

theriskdude
08-08-2012, 10:02
Thanks Stan

theriskdude
20-08-2012, 12:10
I haven't made a decision yet Stan, but if I do ultimately go with the Brio-R would I need to send the BM back to you for a mod as it was from an earlier run ?

Mike

DSJR
20-08-2012, 13:49
The Talk 3 speaker cable properly terminated! will work a treat I think with a Brio R ;)

theriskdude
20-08-2012, 15:51
Yes Dave...i'm on the case :steam:

StanleyB
21-08-2012, 10:46
I haven't made a decision yet Stan, but if I do ultimately go with the Brio-R would I need to send the BM back to you for a mod as it was from an earlier run ?

Mike
Sure. A quick word of advise: for any technical questions that requires a specific response from me use the support email address on my website. It can take days for me to read and reply to any personal questions posted on a forum, assuming I even get to read the question.

muso37
07-11-2012, 15:58
Is is the only known amp with this issue, or should I beware of others? Will be looking for an amp upgrade soon (possibly 2nd-hand).

Ah just noticed this comment:

Yes some people have had an issue. I have managed to borrow a Brio and I think I got it figured out now. The Brio is somehow affecting the output impedance of the BM. I have made a change to the output layout that offsets this. This is now standard as of the August production run.
So mine which I got last month should OK whatever the amp (hopefully!)