PDA

View Full Version : Meddlesome and Obstructive

Steve Toy
22-01-2009, 02:43
This image was posted on another forum, but I think it sums up my views on meddling bureaucrats and killjoys.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5208/twatchestercountycouncidr1.jpg

Beechwoods
22-01-2009, 07:07
:lol: I particularly liked today's news about the Government (who introduced the Freedom Of Information act) being forced to back down on an attempt to have MP's made the only public servants to have exemption from disclosure. Governments of all shades are the same. They serve themselves and the interests of their class. I think we probably hoped that that kind of politics had died with the miraculous disappearance of boom and bust. How wrong we were. Suckered by sleight of hand and spin.

The bad times always bring the venal, the cruel and the incompetence to the surface.

Filterlab
22-01-2009, 23:47
Nice, and absurdly, accurate.

greenhomeelectronics
23-01-2009, 09:07
That would be so much funnier if it wasn't so close to reality. Our local bunch of twats have decided that we are not allowed to put broken stuff from the tips back to use any more, it all has to be destroyed, the metals recovered and the rest sent to landfill!! The cost to the taxpayer is about 80 quid per ton in "recycling costs" and landfill taxes, this is due to double by 2012. We used to put about 1.5 tonnes of stuff back to use each month, another guy I know did all sorts of other stuff and used to remove 50 tons per month. Would it surprise you to learn that the "recycling" sites have been contracted out to the private sector? The company that runs them (WRG) have made their business out of running land fill sites. The council have signed a 25 year deal with a company that has a financial interest in making sure as much stuff as possible goes in to landfill. You couldn't make it up.

Dave.

Filterlab
23-01-2009, 10:09
I like the recent trials in Norfolk with 'bin tax', the idea being that the more one throws away the more one has to pay. It led to all sorts of trouble; people using other's bins, fly tipping all over the place, fights over bins etc etc, and still, yes... still, councils around the country want to implement it.

If a bin tax gets levied in my borough, I'll oddly have no more rubbish to throw away - how weird is that?! What there will be though is loads of rubbish in the wheelie bins on our business park, or maybe just thrown haplessly into a ditch somewhere. Of course the councils claim rubbish is traceable - and it is, if one is daft enough to throw items in the bin which have names and addresses printed on them. As it happens I securely destroy everything with my name on it through our secure document destruction service at work.

Dear council: :upyours:

:lol:

shuggz
23-01-2009, 10:16
That would be so much funnier if it wasn't so close to reality. Our local bunch of twats have decided that we are not allowed to put broken stuff from the tips back to use any more, it all has to be destroyed, the metals recovered and the rest sent to landfill!! The cost to the taxpayer is about 80 quid per ton in "recycling costs" and landfill taxes, this is due to double by 2012. We used to put about 1.5 tonnes of stuff back to use each month, another guy I know did all sorts of other stuff and used to remove 50 tons per month. Would it surprise you to learn that the "recycling" sites have been contracted out to the private sector? The company that runs them (WRG) have made their business out of running land fill sites. The council have signed a 25 year deal with a company that has a financial interest in making sure as much stuff as possible goes in to landfill. You couldn't make it up.

Dave.

How eco friendly is this, no re-use, destroy, use energy destroying and pollute the environment twice over and then charge taxpayers over the odds for the councils short-sightedness, ffs I give up, need a beer

Filterlab
23-01-2009, 18:13
...ffs I give up, need a beer

Be careful how you throw away the bottle. ;)