PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to our first year on AOS...

Marco
21-01-2009, 08:44
At 7.07pm last year, guys, AOS had its first post... I wonder what the final stats for the year will be? :)

I'll publish the final figures on a thread as soon as 'the bells' go at 7.07pm tonight...

I'd just like to say thanks very much to my fellow members of Admin for all your help and support during our first year:

Rob, for designing the look and layout of the forum to such an immaculately high standard, particularly with banners, etc, and for keeping us 'afloat' when database errors have caused some downtime, and for the overall hard work and dedication he's put in to contribute enormously to the forum being so successful - cheers, matey.

Steve, for coming up with the ingenious name 'The Art of Sound' in the first place and for all his essential input in the early days, not to mention maintaining everything on the VBulletin side and being the 'figurehead', with all the potential flak and also responsibility that goes with it.

And to all the Supermods and Leo, who's doing a fabulous job of managing the D.I.Y room, for their invaluable assistance in helping the forum run as smoothly as possible, and most importantly for their loyalty to the cause and the tremendous support they've given in the first year. I'm sure that the other guys won't mind me saying this, but especially to Beechy who's been absolutely immense since being promoted to Supermod recently.

And last but not least to all our members - we thank you all for your tremendous input and support, which we hope you will continue to provide us with in the coming year and beyond :)

I've got some cunning plans in the pipeline for this year which will ensure the continuing development and growth of AOS as a community and also raise the profile of the forum further, probably involving the input of another major magazine and Sound Hi-fi with its 1210 mods, some entrepreneurial ideas of promoting Stan's DAC and AOS with it, and possibly also some national TV coverage in The Gadget Show programme on the BBC regarding computer audio (I'm not saying any more at the moment though until it's a definite go-er ;)), and all manner of crafty capers to try and keep the forum exciting and fresh - stay tuned!

Anyway, let's all move forward into year 2 with the same dedication and commitment that has made us so successful in year 1, and continue to make AOS the best, most diverse, and most forward-thinking audio forum anywhere - and above all, let's have lots of FUN doing it!! :gig:

Thanks again, guys.

All the best,
Marco.

Filterlab
21-01-2009, 12:53
Well I can't believe it's been a year already! Seems like only yesterday we we're sorting all the hosting and design work out.

Seriously, thanks to everyone who has been involved with making the first year of The Art of Sound such a success; to Marco for his vision of a truly outstanding forum and his many acquaintances in the world of hi-fi, to Steve for obtaining the URL, hosting and IT set-up, to the Supermoderators (Mike Homar, Beechwoods, AnthonyTD and Snapper) and our D.I.Y Moderator Leo, without whom the monitoring of the forum would be an impossible task, to all our trade members who provide us with their technical knowledge and the 'word on the street' so to speak, and lastly but by no means least in any way whatsoever, to all our friendly and insightful members who intelligently and politely offer their experience and opinions in a respectful and gentlemanly manner - the outstanding quality of our members never fails to make me proud, and that's the crux of a great forum.

May our second year be even stronger than the first and long may the forum continue as a high quality gathering place for lovers of hi-fi and music alike.

Cheers. :cool:

Beechwoods
21-01-2009, 14:21
When I joined in May last year - I was member 320 - AOS was already a vibrant and lively place; I had no idea then how young it was. And I was so busy enjoying myself on here that it was a genuine surprise to be asked to help out by joining the team, and it's been even more fun since :) :eyebrows:

I don't think I've come across such a welcoming and friendly bunch of guys before, so thank you.

AOS has definitely carved out a niche for itself as a friendly, knowledgable and diverse place, with some really great members, and as we grow things will only continue to get bigger and better - which is going to be great for everyone!

And this year looks like it's going to be a corker!

:mex:

leo
21-01-2009, 16:05
Thanks guys, I think we all try our best to do our bit;)
Anyway, congrats to everyone for keeping it a friendly and interesting place!

Marco
21-01-2009, 19:09
No worries, Leo :)

Threads: 1700 Posts: 30,306 Members: 775.

Not bad going in a year! :cool:

Marco.

Beechwoods
21-01-2009, 19:10
Rock and Roll Marco!

Filterlab
21-01-2009, 21:56
Top bombing!

http://www.freewebs.com/peterkaypics/John%20Smith.jpg

aquapiranha
21-01-2009, 22:09
Only been a member for 6 months, but a great forum!!

Also, I swear I can see the number of "lurkers" on the forum go up daily - in the digital impression especially.

Filterlab
21-01-2009, 22:35
It seems to be a popular link through in terms of Google searches. I have been meaning to create an index of digital audio which would of course help new members find us.

Spectral Morn
23-01-2009, 00:04
HI Guys

Yes I just want to say thank you to every one behind AOS. You are a great bunch of people and while we disagree sometimes or get wires crossed it always ends well....unlike other places....which are cold, dark, dank ....;)

Any way Marco thanks for your passion. and VISION

Nick thanks for your .....passion. and love of music, that not to many like ( I don't know why ?)...glad I am not alone. Also the PC use lessons...I need them.

Mike Homar , thanks for your DVM when it comes ....;):lolsign:

And to the others that I don't know so well. Thank you for your passion (theres that word again)and commitment to this Forum. Its a passionate place....

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

Marco
23-01-2009, 10:44
Thanks for your comments, Neil - much appreciated.

Passion is certainly something we're very big on here, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the emotion that drives me most with anything in life - I guess that it's my Latin/Italian blood!

I know exactly what you mean about other places being "cold". We don't always get it right, but we try to create a 'warm and homely' atmosphere here where people can relax, kick back, and be themselves without fear of peer pressure or having to conform to an 'accepted norm'.

We feel that providing a relaxed but informative environment is the key in allowing people to express themselves freely and feel that they are amongst friends, and part of a successful forum and growing community.

Anyway, you're a valued member here so I hope that you continue enjoying the experience :)

Marco.