PDA

View Full Version : You Like?

StanleyB
20-01-2009, 10:24
http://www.beresford.me/images/TC-7520/TC-7520.jpg

apmusson
20-01-2009, 10:28
Stan,

That looks very nice. Not too cluttered. Very professional and workmanlike.

When? When? When?

Ade

Beechwoods
20-01-2009, 10:31
Me like a lot!

StanleyB
20-01-2009, 11:46
When? When? When?

Next week hopefully.

Stan

Covenant
20-01-2009, 12:01
The good thing is that my better half will never notice the difference and with a bit oif luck not ask how much it was.

Peter Stockwell
20-01-2009, 14:03
This is the 7510+, now called the 7520 ?

StanleyB
20-01-2009, 14:32
This is the 7510+, now called the 7520 ?
Depends;).

Mike
20-01-2009, 14:37
On what? :scratch:

Gazjam
20-01-2009, 15:07
Nice graphics Stan ;)

The volume knob reminds me of Audiolab amps - nice.

StanleyB
20-01-2009, 15:14
Nice graphics Stan ;)

The volume knob reminds me of Audiolab amps - nice.
:eyebrows:. Well, the whole look and feel was put together by a few folks on AoS, your good self included. Turned out quite nice. Just waiting for FEDEX to pick up a few ahead of the sea shipment.

Anyone need an invoice in advance (inc. beta tester and AoS discount)? Only 16 are available till mid or later of February.

STan

Marco
20-01-2009, 15:54
Nice one, Stan. I think that I've seen that text and graphics layout before ;)

Best of luck, mate. I hope you do very well with it, as it deserves to.

We'll certainly support you here in any way we can :)

Marco.

apmusson
20-01-2009, 16:27
:eyebrows:. Well, the whole look and feel was put together by a few folks on AoS, your good self included. Turned out quite nice. Just waiting for FEDEX to pick up a few ahead of the sea shipment.

Anyone need an invoice in advance (inc. beta tester and AoS discount)? Only 16 are available till mid or later of February.

STan

How much does the total amount to with the discounts?

StanleyB
20-01-2009, 16:51
How much does the total amount to with the discounts?
Only available via PM:).

aquapiranha
20-01-2009, 17:31
Very nice! but please tell me the LED's are not blue when illuminated!

YoG
20-01-2009, 21:02
I think the powerLED on my 7510 is a tad too bright.. its screaming for attention, bit annoying in my case, i can only put the dac next to my tv because im in lack of space

The input-switch LEDs are yellowish orange on mine.. and less brighter
Enough about the lights.. i like the clean looks, also on the new DAC ! And best of all, its a tiny device !

StanleyB
20-01-2009, 21:04
Very nice! but please tell me the LED's are not blue when illuminated!
I held a referendum, and blue is the colour... I can of course mod yours and fit something else for a fee.

Stan

leo
20-01-2009, 21:12
Nice one Stan, well done mate!

TBH I think blue leds go well with black

sastusbulbas
20-01-2009, 21:17
It needs a very thick alloy 19" rack mount front plate with huge thick handles, oh and toggle switches and a blue LED...

;)

Beechwoods
20-01-2009, 21:31
:lol:

As Stan suggested the other day, you could always design your own and get these folk to make it for you!

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/

aquapiranha
20-01-2009, 21:39
I held a referendum, and blue is the colour... I can of course mod yours and fit something else for a fee.

Stan

That is OK Stan, I just have a dislike of blue LED's, it is a personal thing ( though I did not change the one in my current amp as I wanted it to be 100% standard)

As long as they are not too bright...I once had an Icon audio amp that shone a perfect blue circle on the opposite wall such was its intensity!

Filterlab
20-01-2009, 22:50
Beautiful work Stan, looks fantastic and I bet it sounds as well too. :)

Mmmm, blue LEDs!

Filterlab
20-01-2009, 22:52

As Stan suggested the other day, you could always design your own and get these folk to make it for you!

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/

That's very interesting indeed, great idea! Link saved for future (and slightly more professional) DIY attempts. :)

Mike
20-01-2009, 22:54
Download the software Rob... It's fun to play about with. :)

Filterlab
20-01-2009, 22:56
Downloaded now. ;)

Windows and Linux only, yeah right. Sorted!

Labarum
21-01-2009, 18:14
Yes, nice simple lines and looks professional.

I prefer the bigger volume knob.

I don't care about the colour of the LEDs, but I hope they aren't too bright for subdued domestic lighting. The red power LED screams at me from my 6/3 (now 4)

Great job, Stan.

Covenant
21-01-2009, 19:09
Have you tried colouring the leds with a felt tip pen?

Labarum
21-01-2009, 19:24
Have you tried colouring the leds with a felt tip pen?

Did it once, but not very aggressively. May try harder.

Question.

Does the USB need or benefit from any special drivers?

Elvis's last movement
21-01-2009, 22:14
It looks superb. I'd like one.

How much is it?

theone999
22-01-2009, 12:36
It does look very professonal I agree.

though when in the 7510+ where Stan said "artwork" was contributed by Aos members, I was actually expecting something like vinyls or decals on a car lol.

Filterlab
22-01-2009, 12:37
It does look very professonal I agree.

though when in the 7510+ where Stan said "artwork" was contributed by Aos members, I was actually expecting something like vinyls or decals on a car lol.

Mmmm, AOS go faster stripes - cool!

StanleyB
28-01-2009, 17:23
Latest update: I settled the import duties and VAT so Parcelforce 'should' be delivering my air freighted stock tomorrow. Once I have QC-ed a couple and make sure everything is as I designed it and the test waveforms are spot on, I shall go through the list in order of purchase request. Help me out and PM me your Paypal ID to send the invoice to. Price will be in the invoice and anyone not responding within 24 hours drops off the list. Reserve £200, but they'll be enough change left from that;).

Stan

Acorn3a
28-01-2009, 20:38
Very smart stan.

StanleyB
29-01-2009, 08:25
Just to underline one or two points mentioned in passing or in PMs to various people, and to correct any misunderstandings:
I am offering the 1st batch to willing and helpful AoS members only in return for their help in testing and offering advise on the TC-7520. That includes connecting up the DAC, checking and recommending changes to the 1st draft of the instructions, etc. So please don't start sending me negative PMs, or post any negative comments, unless they are of a constructive nature.

Stan

Labarum
29-01-2009, 08:43
Stan,

It might be helpful if the general "readership" has some idea when the new box will be advertised and available to all.

It must be a very busy time for you.

StanleyB
29-01-2009, 08:59
There is no time scale. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Too many unhelpful comments on previous and current projects has made me a lot more cautious.

Stan

jandl100
31-01-2009, 10:09
I should get mine today. :)

Stan let me test/review/play with his prototype for a month or more - Thanks Stan! (thumbs up smiley needed here)..... let's just say that you've a treat coming, folks! :smoking:

And I'll be most interested in hearing any changes from the prototype to the 'pukka' item. Methinks I feel an AOS review coming on once it's run in for a few days ...

StanleyB
31-01-2009, 10:18
I bet you have been filling your mouth with cotton wool and taping up your fingers in order not to give away the game over the last few weeks:eyebrows:. I don't think my competitors have any idea yet what is about to hit them.

Labarum
31-01-2009, 10:23
I don't think my competitors have any idea yet what is about to hit them.

I wish you well, Stan. Go for it!

Covenant
31-01-2009, 10:52
I should get mine today. :)

Stan let me test/review/play with his prototype for a month or more - Thanks Stan! (thumbs up smiley needed here)..... let's just say that you've a treat coming, folks! :smoking:

And I'll be most interested in hearing any changes from the prototype to the 'pukka' item. Methinks I feel an AOS review coming on once it's run in for a few days ...

I will be bouncing off the walls waiting to read this.....
Damn! I'm away on a training course until a week on Tuesday :(

jandl100
31-01-2009, 11:12
She's arrived!

First pic sitting atop my old Mk3 from 2 years or more back ....

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/beresford75207510-3.jpg

Only just plugged it in, no comments on sound quality yet - I know that without a few hours minimum run-in Beresford DACs can sound dire (I almost sent my very first - a Mk2 - back for a refund it sounded so awful at first!). Shan't even listen until late afternoon today at the earliest - I've just set my CDT on repeat .....

Mike
31-01-2009, 11:18
Ooh... are you trying to 'mate' them? :eyebrows:

apmusson
31-01-2009, 15:37
She's arrived!

First pic sitting atop my old Mk3 from 2 years or more back ....

Only just plugged it in, no comments on sound quality yet - I know that without a few hours minimum run-in Beresford DACs can sound dire (I almost sent my very first - a Mk2 - back for a refund it sounded so awful at first!). Shan't even listen until late afternoon today at the earliest - I've just set my CDT on repeat .....

Mines arrived too. I have set it up and am listening to lots of music. My initial thoughts are that Stan has made something special here.

jandl100
31-01-2009, 17:07
Yup, I didn't go for a cycle ride this afternoon after all - too damn cold! So I broke my promise to myself and have been listening to CDs thru the 7520 for a few hours.
Nice, very nice indeed, Stan. And I'm sure it'll get even better as it runs in.

Labarum
31-01-2009, 17:40
I did 18 miles this morning. Two pairs of socks, two pairs of gloves, compression shorts under my cycling longs! Nevertheless I still called in at a garage and bought a cold coke!

That's the goody-goody guilt trip bit.

I only have a 6/4.

Covenant
31-01-2009, 17:47
Stan
Have at look at this link:
linear supply (http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/274247.xml)
Its a cheap linear supply by Farnell-I was wondering if its suitable for the 7520 (is that what we call it now?) and if so which variant you recommend.

StanleyB
31-01-2009, 20:58
Can't really say which one might be a good buy. These things only show their capability after trying. But I got a sample of a possible good linear PSU coming my way from a European source. If it turns out to be as good as I expect, I shall try to get hold of a quantity and make them available to anyone interested.

Stan

theone999
31-01-2009, 21:36
http://i43.tinypic.com/103toj7.jpg

Hey all. Just received the 7520 this morning. Thanks Stan.

I currently have Vista on laptop and so is using the USB mode only. I have only been able to use 1 speaker in mono due to only having 1 RCA cable. 4 more are expected to arrive on Monday.

I can attest to the easy of use. I plugged 7520 into USB port, and Vista automatically installed drivers, then automatically switched to using 7520 as selected sound output device.

I cannot comment on the sound yet because I am only able to run 1 speaker atm without my subwoofer. But the volume pot feels smooth and it's nice to adjust sound with physically turning something rather than a mouse.

StanleyB
31-01-2009, 23:04
Anyone tried it with a set of headphones yet??? I spent a lot of time designing that section of the DAC...

Stan

Radiotron
31-01-2009, 23:56
Is it me or the volume knob partially hides the word "volume" on the front panel?

StanleyB
01-02-2009, 00:25
Full volume is not good for you...

Stan

Labarum
01-02-2009, 07:12
Is it me or the volume knob partially hides the word "volume" on the front panel?

It's probably the angle of view, if your reference is the oversize picture on this thread.

But it may be that "Volume" would be better printed to the right of the knob, and at the same height as the other bottom line words - if there is room.

The larger knob is a definite improvement, but its use has caused a few layout problems.

jandl100
01-02-2009, 08:17
Anyone tried it with a set of headphones yet??? I spent a lot of time designing that section of the DAC...

Stan

OK Stan .... have just plugged my Sony CD1700 'phones in - yup, sounds excellent to me - loads of grip and control, real bass wallop, very detailed but not forward mids and top.

Compared to my Stax Lambda Nova electrostatic 'phones (which had previously stomped the Sony's) it's now much closer. The Beresford/Sony combo has better grip and dynamism, but the STAX (at a considerably higher price!) has more refined mids and top end.

Oh, and the volume control on mine doesn't quite cover any of the "volume" letters, but it is pretty close!

StanleyB
01-02-2009, 08:56
Cheers for letting me know your opinion on the headphone output Jerry. That section is going to be a stand alone HP amp very soon. The main aim was to design a circuit that could take on any of the stand alone HP amp in its own right. Some of those HP amps cost as much as the TC-7520 or more! Anyone with a K701 is going to be shocked how good those cans really are in terms of bass once they plugged into the TC-7520.

The sound signature of the mids and tops is very likely down to the different types of drivers between the Stax and Sony. Too much mids and highs at high volume levels can quickly cause headphone listening fatigue.

Stan

jandl100
01-02-2009, 09:06
It's also worth bearing in mind my listening/musical preferences .... I'm much more :violin: & :harp: than :rock: & :gig: !!

Labarum
01-02-2009, 09:10
:violin: :rock:

But why is the violinist looking so glum?

Maybe because he is so close the the electric guitar!

Fi-Wi
01-02-2009, 09:32
...I currently have Vista on laptop and so is using the USB mode only..

I am almost sure that Vista is capable of resizing images like XP is. Maybe next time you might want to try posting a forum-friendlier picture that hasn't been posted before in this thread.

Anyway, I am very curious of the first reviews (including the headphone amp).

Edit: next time I will F5 first before posting.

StanleyB
01-02-2009, 10:25
I am almost sure that Vista is capable of resizing images like XP is. Maybe next time you might want to try posting a forum-friendlier picture that hasn't been posted before in this thread.

Anyway, I am very curious of the first reviews (including the headphone amp).

Why not take the oppertunity to take part in the beta testing of the instruction manual, do the tests for yourself that you are waiting for others to post, take some pictures you think we all might enjoy a bit/lot more, and give us a review of the headphone;). Just send me a PM if you are interested and I can let you know more.

Stan

Radiotron
01-02-2009, 14:29
It's probably the angle of view, if your reference is the oversize picture on this thread.

But it may be that "Volume" would be better printed to the right of the knob, and at the same height as the other bottom line words - if there is room.

The larger knob is a definite improvement, but its use has caused a few layout problems.

Thanks for the answer. I'll see for myself as soon as I receive mine. :)

Anyone with a K701 is going to be shocked how good those cans really are in terms of bass once they plugged into the TC-7520.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been looking at the AKGs for a while now. Nice to know they're a good match for the 7520.

trailer
01-02-2009, 14:54
Right,

No Jerry AoS special I'm afraid but here's my twopence worth:

I've had mine for 24 hours. It was on all night on repeat play with the volume turned down.

I first put it on yesterday after it arrived. First impressions: well this sounds different to the 7510. Firstly I had to turn the volume down. Is the output higher on the 7520? I had a quick listen to a couple of tracks and thought, hmmmmm, I'll leave it till later and went out for the day.

Put it back on this morning. It was one of those "bring a smile to your face" moments.
Everything seems more "livelier" and indeed "live" compared to the 7510 (latest version). The frequency range is more pronounced, more presence about the sound. For instance there is more of an "attack" to drums, an increase in the soundstage and LOTS more detail. One other thing I have noticed is that vocals seem to be more refined too.

AppleTV > Chord Optichord > 7520 (Maplin PSU @ 12v) > Flashback Phono/DIN > NAC202 > NAP250 > B&W 804 - Playing a variety of 320kbps and lossless rips.

apmusson
01-02-2009, 15:17
Why not take the oppertunity to take part in the beta testing of the instruction manual, do the tests for yourself that you are waiting for others to post, take some pictures you think we all might enjoy a bit/lot more, and give us a review of the headphone;). Just send me a PM if you are interested and I can let you know more.

Stan

Ok. I have been listening to the 7520 since it arrived yesterday morning (i did sleep too). 1st thoughts are that the headphone output is excellent. I have a very nice headamp which powers the 650's very nicely and comapring the output of the Solo with the output of the TC7520 I am amazed at how close the 7520 gets! The Solo is better (with more depth and a slightly better soundstage) but I am staggered that Stans new DAC headphone circuitry gets anywhere close - but I think it does. I have swapped the between the two and listened to the same track on each. It is excellent and I think will cause some ructions when more comparisons are done with other less accomplished headphone amplifiers than the Solo.

I'd love to hear what the other testers think.

Ade

My system consists of HD650s (new version) --> Graham Slee Solo SRG (inc PSU1 power supply upgrade) --> Atlas Interconnects --> 7520 --> USB --> pc --> asio --> foobar2000 - FLAC files.

StanleyB
01-02-2009, 15:21
As I said: the opposition won't know what hit them. A few people were dismissive of the TC-7510 claims to be a high-end beater. Enter the TC-7520 Dragon Slayer:).

kalozois100
01-02-2009, 20:02
As I said: the opposition won't know what hit them. A few people were dismissive of the TC-7510 claims to be a high-end beater. Enter the TC-7520 Dragon Slayer:).

Hi Stan.
I have a friend that is a potentail buyer of the TC-7520. what is the difference to the 7510+ appart from usb and improved headphone amp?:scratch:
P.s. i hear its snowing in the u.k. Wrap up warm!!!!!!!

StanleyB
01-02-2009, 21:42
Hi Stan.
I have a friend that is a potentail buyer of the TC-7520. what is the difference to the 7510+ appart from usb and improved headphone amp?

Improved output stage as well. Bigger and better internal power supply.
Of course, if potential buyers can do without those improvements, then the less expensive TC-7510 is the one to buy. Customer now have a choice between an award winning DAC and a ground breaking DAC in terms of performance.

Stan

theone999
01-02-2009, 22:27

I am almost sure that in the FAQ there's no rule on max picture resolution in posts and I didn't see a problem at 1920x1200 myself. Maybe next time you might want to try reading the FAQ and if you still really hate it that much, why don't you just go [take it up with the Mods] yourself.

Spectral Morn
01-02-2009, 23:19
Hi GUYS

I resize my pictures to 1024 x 768 That seems to be fine.

I use photobucket which offers a resize option, but I choose to do it in my pc using Gimp2.6 free software. Works well IMHO, before sending it to the hosting site.

regards D S D L----Neil :)

SteveW
02-02-2009, 09:58
Looking forward to hearing reviews of the new DAC.

As fascinating and obviously emotional as picture resizing is....

StanleyB
02-02-2009, 11:00
There are still a few left, and I am only letting them go to AoS members or people who have put down their name for one since July last year.
The rest of the crowd will have to wait till I put them on my site at the end of Feb.

STan

Fi-Wi
02-02-2009, 17:51
I am almost sure that in the FAQ there's no rule on max picture resolution in posts and I didn't see a problem at 1920x1200 myself. Maybe next time you might want to try reading the FAQ and if you still really hate it that much, why don't you just go [take it up with the Mods] yourself.

There are very few things in life I really hate much and a futile thing as an oversized pic in an internet forum is not one of them.

So much for an advice well meant.

Bye.

trailer
02-02-2009, 20:00
Come on fellow 7520 owners. I'm interested in hearing other folks thoughts too.

theone999
03-02-2009, 22:48
Out of interest Stan, when you designed the headphone amp, was it with high impedance diaphram headphones in mind?

I'm currently waiting for a 1/4jack adaptor, but I only have a pair of custom in-ear-monitors, which are low impedance, high sensivity armature drivers.

StanleyB
04-02-2009, 06:24
Out of interest Stan, when you designed the headphone amp, was it with high impedance diaphram headphones in mind?

In the FULL instruction manual I have added the following with respect to the use of headphones of varying impedance:

Headphone Gain Range
Because of the variations in headphone sensitivity, the TC-7520 features a variable gain range for the headphone outputs. In order to avoid internal jumpers to reduce the gain, the Volume Control 0dB level has been calibrated as follows:
Headphone Impedance Volume Control 0dB level
32 Ohms 12 o’ clock
64 Ohms 2 o’ clock
300 Ohms 4 o’ clock
600 Ohms 5 o’ clock

I thought about making it dip switch selectable, but that would mean that customers would have to open up the case and start messing about with switches. There are several problems with that. The 1st one is that not everyone knows the impedance of their phones, and some people have a range of phones. So I set the maximum travel of the volume knob for 600 Ohms, and the midway point for 32 Ohms.
The HPA (headphone amplifier) was designed to handle low to high impdeance cans. I am still busy writing a piece on the reasons behind the implementations of the various parts of the TC-7520. So I shall go into details then.

STan

Labarum
04-02-2009, 18:16
I'm not sure about that verbal approach , Stan.

The non-technical will not understand it; the technical will just smile.

Better to say something like "Depending on the type and sensitivity of your headphones you will soon find the where to position the volume control. The first time you plug in a set of phones start from minimum volume."

Filterlab
04-02-2009, 19:46
Or; "The lower the sensitivity, the further you'll have to turn the volume knob." :)

I would say that 600 Ohms caters for pretty much all the headphones available on the market, certainly the headphone amp pushes my Sennheisers along beautifully. Very beautifully.

mwahahaha
06-02-2009, 18:51
Hi everyone, first time poster here but a regular on some of the other on-line haunts.

Just received my 7520 this morning, thanks Stan for getting it shipped out so quickly.

My setup for a while has been a Mac Mini into a 7510 6/4 (Optical) from there into Avondale electronics and Naim Ariva speakers.

While it's far too early to begin trying in some way to evaluate the 7520 as it's been plugged in for all of about an hour, I can give a little report on how it plays with the USB.

On my 7510 I use both optical ports, one for the Mac Mini and one for my Playstation 3 which is used as a Blu-Ray player so if I'm going to keep the 7520 I will need the USB or I'll be having to swap optical cables or use another switch box which isn't ideal.

The USB from the 7520 is recognised straight away by OS X 10.5.6 and available as "USB Audio CODEC" in System Preferences which is OS X's default Codec for dealing with a USB audio device. This will allow playback but it is limited to 16 Bit Maximum. There is no option to select 24Bit playback.

It would be interesting to see whether any OS X drivers are available from the manufacturer of the chipset.

I'm going to let the 7520 bed in for a while and try it with the optical and the USB in 16Bit mode before dropping back to the 7510 and seeing what I think after being used to it's (Slightly) bigger brother.

I'll post up my opinions/experiences when I've had a good listen over the coming few weeks. Congrats though Stan on another really well built/engineered/presented product. In economic times like these it's great to see a bit of positive entrepreneurial spirit:)

Dan

mwahahaha
06-02-2009, 21:59
Filterlab, I see you are also a Mac user, how have you connected your 7520 to your Mac?

leo
06-02-2009, 22:18
A lot of the USB CODECs are limited to 16bit 44k (48k)

It seems some of the newer types are capable of 16/24bit 96/192k , Hmm, interesting !

Filterlab
06-02-2009, 22:20
I use optical, it's been my preferred digital connection for as long as I can remember. It allows 24bit word length and isn't susceptible to airborne electrical interference. I have yet to try the USB connection to my 7520 but as I have a lot of 24/96 master recordings it will be as a second connection only.

Congrats though Stan on another really well built/engineered/presented product.

Definitely agree on that one, this DAC is astoundingly good quality regardless of price.

Stratmangler
07-02-2009, 00:45
In the FULL instruction manual I have added the following with respect to the use of headphones of varying impedance:

Headphone Gain Range
Because of the variations in headphone sensitivity, the TC-7520 features a variable gain range for the headphone outputs. In order to avoid internal jumpers to reduce the gain, the Volume Control 0dB level has been calibrated as follows:
Headphone Impedance Volume Control 0dB level
32 Ohms 12 o’ clock
64 Ohms 2 o’ clock
300 Ohms 4 o’ clock
600 Ohms 5 o’ clock

I thought about making it dip switch selectable, but that would mean that customers would have to open up the case and start messing about with switches. There are several problems with that. The 1st one is that not everyone knows the impedance of their phones, and some people have a range of phones. So I set the maximum travel of the volume knob for 600 Ohms, and the midway point for 32 Ohms.
The HPA (headphone amplifier) was designed to handle low to high impdeance cans. I am still busy writing a piece on the reasons behind the implementations of the various parts of the TC-7520. So I shall go into details then.

STan

Stroke of genius there Stan !

One Size Fits All (as the Frank Zappa album is called).

I can see that you too have problems with other folks "logical" way of interpreting technical information, and cocking things up on the way (I see similar problems with telecom equipment on a daily basis).

As a suggestion, is it possible to have the DIP switches accessible from underneath the case, and provide purchasers of the 7520 with recommended settings on the DIP switches for various can models ? Such instructions would have to be very clearly explained, but could be almost idiot proof.

That said, most "can fans" would have a fair idea as to which settings are best for their preferred 'phones, given a datasheet on optimal settings.

Chris :)

Stratmangler
07-02-2009, 01:35
Stan

If my last post comes across as slightly sarcastic I apologize - this is not my intent. The spoken word is far more flexible and communicative than its' written counterpart, and I was attempting to put my thoughts (and words) to paper, so to speak.

I genuinely applaud your efforts to simplify the workings, at a user level, of the headphone amp end of things with regard to the 7520.

Chris:)

StanleyB
07-02-2009, 07:30
Stan

If my last post comes across as slightly sarcastic I apologize - this is not my intent.
It seems OK to me:scratch:.

I have looked at a number of methods to have a gain adjustment, but that will have to wait for a future revision:) so that it gives me time to come up with an easy solution that doesn't scare the non-technical folks.

STan

mwahahaha
07-02-2009, 14:31
I use optical, it's been my preferred digital connection for as long as I can remember. It allows 24bit word length and isn't susceptible to airborne electrical interference. I have yet to try the USB connection to my 7520 but as I have a lot of 24/96 master recordings it will be as a second connection only.

That would be my preference also, mainly because the Mac Mini only has an optical out. Unfortunately this would mean some sort of optical switch box as the Playstation 3 that U use for Blu-Ray also only has an optical. This wasn't an issue with the 7510 as it had 2 optical inputs.

I will be interested to dee if can see a difference between the optical out of the mini and the USB. In OS X midi setup I set the optical to output 2ch-24Bit at 44.1Khz. The 7520 is at 2ch-16.

theone999
09-02-2009, 01:55
moved to other thread.