PDA

View Full Version : My Toonz

Sgt.Pepper
20-01-2009, 00:23
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Sgt_Pepper_Photos/Stezza.jpg
Main gear,excuse the surround sound kit,it's not linked in to the hifi.

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Sgt_Pepper_Photos/NAS.jpg
Main event :smoking:

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Sgt_Pepper_Photos/EEM520.jpg
Need to get a proper'ish stand for this,would like a little unit with a draw,somewhere to stash the er tubes :eyebrows:

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Sgt_Pepper_Photos/APTempo.jpg
Speakers,fit em,position em,forget em.

Thanks for looking.

Beechwoods
20-01-2009, 07:01
Like it! Very neat indeed. Are the speakers side-ported? What kind of sound do you get from them?

twogoodears
20-01-2009, 09:39
Hi Paul... compliments: very neat and elegant rig... also interesting the first disc on the floor be "Phaedra" by Tangerine Dream and not some musically silly "audiophile" disc:lol:

I appreciate this sane attitude... yesterevening myself, too, was grooving - shamelessly - on "Bear's Choice", acoustic, live Grateful Dead... :gig:

Yeahhh...

chris@panteg
20-01-2009, 10:46
Lovely system my neighbour has the same cd player , i nearly bought the NAS once lovely deck.

baron
20-01-2009, 15:58
I like it!

pentode10
20-01-2009, 18:09
Hi,
love your Eastern Electric M520.
Looks like an old Radford STA 15.
Cheers
Andy.

twogoodears
20-01-2009, 18:40
Hi,
lLooks like an old Radford STA 15.

.... yes... BUT on steroids:)

BTW: I'm listening on my wife system with a grunge :smoking: Radford HD-250 and more oldies... not so bad...

A.N.
20-01-2009, 22:34
who's been polishing and cleaning eh?? lol, nearly as anal as me but you are too scared to admit it!!
looks great m8 on the pics, the 103 looks right at home on ye nas arm :)

Sgt.Pepper
21-01-2009, 23:02
Thanks guys

Like it! Very neat indeed. Are the speakers side-ported? What kind of sound do you get from them?

Hi Beechwoods,these particular Tempos have a rear firing port,which might be a problem this close to a wall but having tried them farther out into the room I cant hear much of a difference.I do get some mild upper bass colouration but it takes a strong sustained note to get it going,usually modern electronic ambient stuff which doesn't get played that often.As to the rest of their performance,I would say it's typical Audio Physic stuff from what I've heard of them so far.Their motto " No Loss Of Fine Detail " sums em up best with a big soundstage given the room at the sides :)

Sgt.Pepper
21-01-2009, 23:16
who's been polishing and cleaning eh?? lol, nearly as anal as me but you are too scared to admit it!!
looks great m8 on the pics, the 103 looks right at home on ye nas arm :)

Aye,a top tip too is dont clean around hot output tubes with feather type duster,very smelly :doh: :lol:

The DL103 in this Spacearm seems to work,or maybe I just dig its sound, but I wont let that stop me from trying to mod it :mental:

A.N.
22-01-2009, 00:40
good pics m8, out of interest, what camera are you using? :)

Sgt.Pepper
22-01-2009, 01:38
Cheers Al,its a Panasonic DMC-TZ1, I believe its replacement the DMC-TZ5 is a good one too.TBH all I do is point and click.

pentode10
10-02-2009, 18:13
Hi Paul.
Where did you get your Eastern Electric M520 from
and are there any UK dealers.Most of the info I can find
on the net is from the USA..

Cheers
Andy.

Sgt.Pepper
11-02-2009, 18:23
hi Andy
Shadow Audio have them listed on their site www.shadowaudio.co.uk
Dont know what the going rate is for them,but I would advise you to make sure its got a UK spec mains.Had trouble with mine cooking tubes with it only being a 220V :steam:

pentode10
11-02-2009, 18:57
Hi Paul thanks for the info.
In case you haven't sorted it, you can obtain a 500VA 240v to 220v auto transformer from Farnell or RS for around £50.
I use one for some of my Chinese amps, It works well..

Cheers
Andy.

Sgt.Pepper
11-02-2009, 20:43
Cheers for that Andy,I did get one of those trannies in the end .Everythings been hunky dory since,but I've been meaning to phone Shadow Audio to see if its possible to get a propper uk spec inbuilt transformer for it .Having the other transformer sitting of to the side is a bit of an eye sore for me.
I did try emailing EE direct but got no response :(

pentode10
11-02-2009, 21:22
Some of the Chinese amp manufacturers will supply amps with 235/240v UK spec mains transformers from new. There is usually a 14 day turn around time for this.
I know Ming Da and I think Yaquin do this and others may well.

Fitting a replacement transformer to your Eastern Electric retrospectively would probably be a fairly expensive. Plus there seems to be a smaller transformer internally which may well need to be replaced, (think it powers the signal valve heaters or the LT to the remote circuits) so labour costs may be on the high side.It may be as well to stick with the auto transformer.The added bonus is it will give you a bit of extra mains filtering.
Cheers
Andy.

Sgt.Pepper
11-02-2009, 22:35
I cant fault the build quality itself though,appeals to my neater side.
I suppose if I can find a nice low stand or cabinet I could tuck the tranny underneath or some such and stand the amp on top,I cant go too high because my tv is only 10" above it.

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Sgt_Pepper_Photos/EEM520-1.jpg