PDA

View Full Version : Turntable project

Haselsh1
19-01-2009, 09:37
As you can see here, I use a Linn Basik with an Alphason Xenon MCS tonearm which, in reality, I'd quite like to keep. So, with that in mind, I've been thinking about constructing a new plinth for the Linn.

The new plinth with be square instead of the usual rectangle and will be made from one inch thick plywood in the form of two inch frames. Three of these will be bonded together along with a top plate to form a hollow plinth around four inches thick. The top plate will carry the holes for the motor, the bearing housing and the arm.

The plinth will finally be finished in matt black with spun aluminium fittings. Has anyone any advice...???

aquapiranha
19-01-2009, 16:59
Is there a particular reason why it will be square? otherwise I see no reason not to give it a go, what have you got to lose?

Haselsh1
19-01-2009, 18:55
Square is simply to be different.

SPS
19-01-2009, 20:34
I was wondering.... take (i assume) a reasonable deck and make it into a diy job, and possibly take away any value it has....

that may be an over the top view point...

now.. buy an old cheap lenco and put it in a nice plinth.. now that would add value to it and seem good sense

i would look at buying the deck you really want...

i do have an early Lp12 i would part with for a reasonable amount.. if thats what you want

steve