PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Marco's place

oldius
05-07-2012, 15:51
Great sounds and better food. A lovely time was had with great hosts.

Favourite bit - Watching Marco trying to adjust the volume above 7 and a half feet of Mana isolation!

StanleyB
05-07-2012, 16:04
What, no wine :eek:? Are you sure it was Marco that you visited?

oldius
05-07-2012, 16:16
It was offered of course. I'm tea total, something that seemed to please the hosts. I don't understand!

StanleyB
05-07-2012, 16:21
It was offered of course. I'm tea total, something that seemed to please the hosts. I don't understand!
:lol:. Marco doesn't drink cheap plonk. So opening a bottle of his finest requires a very good excuse indeed.

Marco
05-07-2012, 17:44
Hi Geoff,

Lol... Great having you over today. Del and I very much enjoyed your company, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the muchies and the sounds. Del seems to have perfected beans and toast to a reasonable standard... ;)

We'll see if we can turn you into a fan of the 'alcoholic Ribena' on your next visit!

At least you've now heard valves and Lockwoods with big Tannoys in, and also the Techy in its home surroundings. You certainly seemed 'transported to another place', during Tin Pan Alley :D

Next time bring Jo, as Del would love to meet her. The first of many future sessions, I'm sure! :cool:

Marco.

DSJR
05-07-2012, 18:40
Tell you summat - Tin Pan Alley really is a wonderful demo track. Do it "ok" and it's a well recorded electric-blues track by a very competent musician/singer. get it RIGHT, and it transforms into something else entirely. Stevie-ray tells a believable story and you get totally immersed into it I find. marco's system obviously falls formly in the second category :) Well done both...

oldius
05-07-2012, 18:59
It was all great. Loved the yello especially. I loved the design of the speakers as much as the sound.

Cheers for a lovely afternoon and yes, let's do it again at either house though my system is much better than yours obviously!!!

Marco
05-07-2012, 19:20
Jeez, of course - how could my old 1960s radiogram possibly compete! :doh:

Yours of mine next? Woteva takes ya fancy, dude! :cool:

Marco.

oldius
05-07-2012, 19:35
Oh and tell Del that the cat loves tuna.

DSJR
05-07-2012, 21:37
Yello as well huh?

No hope for that man whatsoever :D

chris@panteg
06-07-2012, 07:50
Yello as well huh?

No hope for that man whatsoever :D

And what's wrong with Yello ? I think it proves that Don Marco is a lover of fine things and man of good taste :)

Marco
06-07-2012, 17:55
Lol - it was from Yello's new album 'Touch'. I think the thundering bass-lines featured throughout were tickling his fancy... :eyebrows:

Geoff, I'm glad that your cat liked the Whiskas 'PURRFECTLY Fish Tuna Entrée'. Our fussy feckers turn their noses up at it and won't eat anything else but Gourmet Gold! :doh:

Marco.

oldius
06-07-2012, 18:01
She did love it although she looks like she's been starved for a good while. Scars on the head, gammy eye etc. She's letting me get within about five yards now though so progress is definitely being made.

By the way, I now how my lovely mate Bert as my Avatar!

Marco
06-07-2012, 18:15
Nice one, dude. The avatar's looking good - seems like you managed to follow my instructions ok! :)

Marco.

DSJR
06-07-2012, 20:07
And what's wrong with Yello ? :)

Absolutely nothing old chap. Nothing at all :lol: ;)