PDA

View Full Version : Prog Rock... Yes

Haselsh1
16-01-2009, 10:34
Mmmm... I've just been spending some time away from work with the squits and I thought I would have a bit of a Yes session. I have a boxed set of remastered classic Yes songs so with a bit of a dustoff, out they came. Tracks like: Roundabout, Heart of the Sunrise and Close to the Edge all saw the light of day again after so long in the dark. The one thing I noticed though, is, don't they sound so dated...??? I mean, recording technology has come such a long way and the quality these days is gorgeous when compared.

The one thing I did always notice about Yes records on vinyl was that it was very difficult to remove every trace of tracking distortion when playing them. I guess they must have been very highly modulated but there's one instance were CD wins hands down.

Covenant
26-01-2009, 12:26
Yes are up there with my all time favourites. Close to the Edge is probably the best of the best.
I suppose its an obvious answer but try them on CD or download.I have all the old vinyl records as I just cant bear to part with the lovely Roger Dean covers but listen to Yes on my squeezebox.