PDA

View Full Version : LFD in PFM? Yes, it's true. And no Naim either!

Neil McCauley
15-01-2009, 17:17
Interesting and pleasantly surprising to see LFD thread on PFM.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57886

I had thought of starting an LFD thread here on AOS, but I'm getting pretty sick of my own name appearing here as a thread starter and so I'm off to listen to music for a while. Quite a while actually. No more threads from me until Feb, and possibly not even then.

So anyway … here’s an opportunity for AOS to participate in the PFM LFD thread if interested. As for me and PFM, I'm strictly look – but don’t touch. Play nicely children!

Spectral Morn
15-01-2009, 18:31
[

I had thought of starting an LFD thread here on AOS, but I'm getting pretty sick of my own name appearing here as a thread starter and so I'm off to listen to music for a while. Quite a while actually. No more threads from me until Feb, and possibly not even then.

Hi Howard

Speaking for myself and I am sure others, your not being here on AOS would be a major loss. I would miss your input a lot. When you wrote for hi-fi news a while back I used to really enjoy your way with words, insights and the resulting reviews you wrote. The same goes for here on AOS as well. AOS would be much, much poorer without you IMHO.

HOWARD DON'T GO

Regards D S D L-----Neil :)

Beechwoods
15-01-2009, 19:04
I assumed that Howard was just referring to starting new threads - I hope he'll still be getting stuck into existing threads!

Neil McCauley
15-01-2009, 19:09
I assumed that Howard was just referring to starting new threads - I hope he'll still be getting stuck into existing threads!
Correct!

Spectral Morn
15-01-2009, 19:36
This really is an imperfect medium. I can see what Howard meant now. Anyway start threads, I don't mind at all. They are very thought provoking IMHO.

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

Marco
15-01-2009, 19:41
LOL. What are you like, Neil! :lol:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
15-01-2009, 19:45
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:;):lolsign:

I care a lot. And I hate to admit it but I think I may need Glasses.

Regards D S D L----Neil :)

jandl100
16-01-2009, 08:51
I've owned a LFD LS2 pre-amp - I must admit it didn't do the music-thing for me, sadly. Great tone with a relaxed musicality, but flat dynamics - a bit boring basically. I heard the same sound in HP's dem last year with the big new Harbeth speakers driven by LFD amps (or was that way back in 2007? - I forget). Wonderful in many ways, but ultimately the system didn't capture my interest. Very similar report from a hifi-friend who used to own an LFD integrated and has moved on to PrimaLuna valves.

Not for me, but I can understand why someone with a different set of musical priorities would rate the LFD sound (much) higher.