PDA

View Full Version : Moderation of Bushmaster Threads

StanleyB
17-06-2012, 08:07
As quoted by Beechwood:

I am serious. If we start deleting threads because the OP doesn't get it, and their post appears to cast aspersions on a particular product we end up on a very slippery slope with other manufacturers requesting deletions because the contents of posts aren't favourable, or don't seem to cast their product in the best light.

May I be permitted to point out that at no stage did I request either in private or public that any such action should be undertaken? To stipulate otherwise casts me in a very bad light. I would therefore kindly request that the assumption that I made any such request is quickly deleted and the wording altered in order to correctly reflect the accuracy of the case.

Beechwoods
17-06-2012, 08:10
Happy to make that clear Stan. I will amend my post on that thread. I know you are confident enough not to worry about daft posts like the one in question, and to be honest I thought your response demonstrated excellent commitment to ensuring the customer was happy!

Gazjam
17-06-2012, 09:27
Is it possible that personal comments towards AOS users(troll etc) can be moderated as well?

thanks.

MartinT
17-06-2012, 11:08
We do try, Gary. If you feel that a personal attack has gone too far, you can always PM one of the mods and we'll look at it. As we have said many times, criticise the idea or the product, but not the person making the comment.

Marco
17-06-2012, 11:19
Indeed, but remember, folks, that's why there is a 'Report Post' button. If you think that someone or something is out of order, HIT IT! ;)

Marco.

synsei
17-06-2012, 11:36
I would just like to say that I was following this incident yesterday and it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. There was a lot of stuff taken out of context which lead to some unpleasant exchanges and an undeserved comment. I have my own views on this incident but I won't be so crass as to air them here. I do however believe an apology and a retraction should be forthcoming in one case.

slate
17-06-2012, 15:28
As if EURO2012 isn't excitement enough....

As such I think that we are all grown men and should be able to behave in a civil manner. If anyone are offended, personally or on someone else behalf use the button or write a PM to the "offender".

Myself , I do also cross the line from time to time and have on one occasion gone back and edited my post. If it is not possible to edit my post then I would contact Beechwood or Marco and ask them to alter the contents of my post.

We should leave censorship to certain countries and belief systems.

Ali Tait
17-06-2012, 15:58
Isn't going back and editing your post censorship?

Beechwoods
17-06-2012, 16:15
No, just clarifying my earlier statement on the basis that it could be read to sound like Stan had complained - and he hadn't -

Ali Tait
17-06-2012, 16:57
Nick, my remark was directed at what Jan said in post #7. :)

Gazjam
18-06-2012, 13:58
The Report Post button was new to me, and in hindsight I would have used that instead of levelling a "choice" remark at another AOS user...

On a different thread but relevant to this..I behaved less than perfect towards someone on the forum.
On PM to the guy I explained why I felt as I did about his comments but apologised, saying I should have reported it to the Mods and not put my thoughts publicly.

its always best to "man up", apologise or even agree to disagree, but there's no need to do it in any other way than friendly.

Have to say I agree with a previous post about the need for apology.