PDA

View Full Version : What Films / TV programs are you currently watching...

pjdowns
10-02-2008, 20:29
I am currently watching Heros which is excellent and earlier I watched Grand Designs which I am completly addicted to...

Paul.

Vinyl Grinder
11-02-2008, 01:46
Wifes watchind season 6 'CSI Vegas'..Me well another run of Gerry Anderson's UFO..Wouldn't wanna step out of the early '70's now would i :lol:

http://www.britishdrama.org.uk/ufo.html

You guessed, i got the limited edition clear vinyl soundtrack too...Have a listern here..coooooooooooool:

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/ufolp.htm

;)

Marco
11-02-2008, 09:34
I quite like Lark Rise To Candleford on BBC1. I always find period dramas quite interesting. My wife in particular loves the clothes from that era. I quite like the concept, too - when women looked like women (before jeans and leggings were invented) and men looked like men! :)

Tonight there's feck all that interests me on terrestrial TV, apart from Fifth Gear at 8pm on Channel 5. I doubt that I will be arsed looking to see what's on Sky, so I'll more likely be listening to some music, which I much prefer to do anyway :cool:

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
11-02-2008, 11:32
I quite like Lark Rise To Candleford on BBC1. I always find period dramas quite interesting. My wife in particular loves the clothes from that era. I quite like the concept, too - when women looked like women (before jeans and leggings were invented) and men looked like men! :)

Yep i watched that last night, i was commenting to the wife how old Julia Sawalha was looking these days.I like these period dramas but can't be doing with the muck they generally put on TV these days...I'll watch stuff like Trial & retribution, silent witness, rebus & all that stuff but that's about it...

jorgea
29-11-2011, 23:16
I have not heard of Heroes before. These days there are not many good tv shows. So one is stuck with few decent choices.

Roy S
29-11-2011, 23:20
Wheeler Dealers on 'Shed' - they're fettling a TVR

Reid Malenfant
29-11-2011, 23:25
I have not heard of Heroes before. These days there are not many good tv shows. So one is stuck with few decent choices
There is not a damn thing that is decent on TV these days imho :rolleyes:

About 1.75 years ago I stopped watching it & no longer bought a TV license :eyebrows:

That's a few CDs a year thank you to the collection :)

Marco
30-11-2011, 00:00
About 1.75 years ago I stopped watching it & no longer bought a TV license :eyebrows:

I thought it was 1.73?

Marco.

Roy S
30-11-2011, 00:07
I thought it was 1.73?

Marco.

Maybe 1.75 was approximate :D

Marco
30-11-2011, 00:16
Come to think of it now, I think it was 1.74.5... Yes, that was it, and it was a Tuesday!

Marco.

worthingpagan
30-11-2011, 00:24
I only watch tv when there is absolutely nothing on earth i can find to do, so it's mostly late at night when i can't sleep. I do like the "American Dad" comedy cartoon thingy, and one night recently i saw a film with Jonny Vegas as the Potato man, I nearly pissed myself with laughter. In the main though I find modern tv an insult to the intelligence and the wallet :cool:

Marco
30-11-2011, 00:35
I only watch tv when there is absolutely nothing on earth i can find to do, so it's mostly late at night when i can't sleep.

A quick chunter to Playboy TV? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Roy S
30-11-2011, 00:37
Anthony Bourdain on good food, an NY Chef travelling the world for culinary adventures, he's in Egypt tonight

Macca
30-11-2011, 08:42
Wheeler Dealers on 'Shed' - they're fettling a TVR

Top show, one of my favourites. Something very satisfying about watching someone else work while you sit in the warm with a can of beer :)

aquapiranha
30-11-2011, 08:58
I avoid 'Satans moving picture box' as much as possible. For years I never owned a TV and didn't miss it. Now we have three here and sometimes it is hard to avoid the pap that they spew out! However, when there is a particularly shallow and tacky show on (like xfactor, any soap rubbish, football, anything about self obsessed chavs, poncy food / wine programs, one of those my house is better than your house things or anything like that which I think means anything on TV whatsoever) I like to go and listen to music in the other lounge.

:lol:

Covenant
30-11-2011, 09:31
I avoid 'Satans moving picture box' as much as possible. For years I never owned a TV and didn't miss it. Now we have three here and sometimes it is hard to avoid the pap that they spew out! However, when there is a particularly shallow and tacky show on (like xfactor, any soap rubbish, football, anything about self obsessed chavs, poncy food / wine programs, one of those my house is better than your house things or anything like that which I think means anything on TV whatsoever) I like to go and listen to music in the other lounge.

:lol:

And me!

Roy S
02-12-2011, 23:47
Top show, one of my favourites. Something very satisfying about watching someone else work while you sit in the warm with a can of beer :)

I had a lot recorded on my V+ HD Box but it broke down and I've lost them all :(

Macca
03-12-2011, 09:50
I had a lot recorded on my V+ HD Box but it broke down and I've lost them all :(

Not to worry they are in 'heavy rotation' at the mo - I've got the Jensen Interceptor one taped from last night :eyebrows:

Roy S
03-12-2011, 15:41
Waiting for the Karmen Ghia one to be repeated - hadn't watched that

Rare Bird
03-12-2011, 15:53
Not to worry they are in 'heavy rotation' at the mo - I've got the Jensen Interceptor one taped from last night :eyebrows:

Ive seen that must be a repeat is that the one where they fit that expensive heater or a replacement for it i cant remember?

Roy S
03-12-2011, 15:55
Haven't seen the Jensen one in a while, I seem to recall it needed a new air con unit but their budget wouldn't run to it.

Rare Bird
03-12-2011, 17:38
Haven't seen the Jensen one in a while, I seem to recall it needed a new air con unit but their budget wouldn't run to it.

It's something like that but i think Mike pushed the boat out on a mod for this particular car..I love Jensen especially the '541' & 'CV8' Bootiful..

Macca
04-12-2011, 10:48
It's something like that but i think Mike pushed the boat out on a mod for this particular car..I love Jensen especially the '541' & 'CV8' Bootiful..

Watched it yesterday - the only real work it needed was some welding in the passenger footwell and the leather interior tarting up. He spends about £500 on it and flogs it for £6K - what a bargain that is, they have to be one of the coolest cars ever. Not sure about every day use though, with a 7.2 litre V8 engine! Will drink more than Oliver Reed :lol:

Tim
04-12-2011, 11:20
I'm really enjoying The Killing II. Glad they kept the same format to the show too. I love the way the atmospheric music kicks in at the end, as they go around all the main characters, really builds up the tension. Some of the best drama on TV for quite some time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017h7qj

chris@panteg
08-12-2011, 08:55
Life's too Short

New episodes of the Fast Show on youtube , not quite the same but I'm a fan of the FS .

Frozen Planet

Rare Bird
08-12-2011, 14:14
A few more of these at the weekend if i get the chance:

:eyebrows:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/DS.jpg

John
08-12-2011, 14:26
Ahh the Jensen Inceptor Britians attempt at a Mustang and even worse steering and suspension if that is possible Lol
My brother is refurbing a Mustang at the moment got one as a rust bucket, only thing worth keeping is the chasis and a bit of the body, everything else is being replaced but starting to really take shape a true labour of love

Gazjam
11-12-2011, 15:33
Been rewatching prison Series "OZ", which was shown on C4 yonks ago in the middle of the night.
Literally...I mean llike 3am, not hard to see why when you watch it.

HBO quality at its best, brutal and unmisable.

On S4 now, getting through the rest.

Roy S
11-12-2011, 15:51
National Lampoons Xmas Vacation

synsei
12-12-2011, 12:39
Currently working my way through all eight series of '24' on DVD. My other half is heartily sick of hearing the 'plink...plonk...plink...plonk' segway between scenes :lolsign: