PDA

View Full Version : Save Draft?

MartinT
10-05-2012, 21:40
Does vBulletin have any facility to save a draft post so that it can be completed at a later time, like e-mail?

Reid Malenfant
10-05-2012, 21:44
Not that I have ever seen, however I have been reliably informed you can send yourself a PM (not that I have tried it you understand) & you could copy & paste it to a post I reckon.

Quotes would be awkward though, you'd have to do them over again :doh:

Tim
10-05-2012, 21:50
I do that for Album Club, I write it in advance in a PM, so you can get the formatting right, then just send it to myself - its ready to cut and paste when its my turn :)

The Vinyl Adventure
10-05-2012, 21:54
Yes it does ... But it was introduced somewhere in vb 4.1 ...
The draft save is automatic on replyies and even transfers from one computer to another based on your login details!
It's very useful and means even browsers/computers crashing or accidentally clicking back or what not is no longer an issue

MartinT
10-05-2012, 22:09
That's good to know for the future, Hamish. It's particularly starting on one PC and finishing on a different one that I would find really useful. Thanks.

Mark & Tim: I pretty much do that now by e-mailing it to myself.

The Vinyl Adventure
10-05-2012, 22:36
Here you go https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php/2480-vBulletin-4-1-4-The-new-all-new-WYSIWYG-text-editor-powered-by-CKEditor

It's not quite as good as tiny mce on mobile browsers when it comes to embedding images and videos as the pop ups are a bit tweaky ... Or at least they are in v4.1.5 that I run ... They might be sorted by now, but I haven't upgraded for a while
But in many other respects it does work better for a forum platform