PDA

View Full Version : Lp12/armageddon/ittock/denon103/boxed

mayor of simpleton
06-01-2009, 21:20
FOR SALE; LP12/ARMAGEDDON/ITTOCK 2/DENON 103-m special edition/MANA SPIRIT LEVEL/ 2 BELTS/ 45 ADAPTER/ WALL SHELF (DESIGNED ON THE HUTTER PRINCIPLE )BOXED.ALSO AN ORTOFON CARTRIDGE FOR TRADE IN
THIS DECK WAS A PURCHASE BY ME IN DEC 1990 FROM AUDIO EXCELLENCE IN SWANSEA. IT HAS BEEN SERVICED EVERY TWO YEARS BY BETTER HI FI AND LATELY BY ACOUSTICA. THE DECK WAS NOT USED FROM 1994-97 AND 2001-03 DUE TO UNIVERSITY AND HAS BEEN STORED AWAY SINCE FEB 2007 DUE TO LOSING MY HIFI ROOM
IT IS IMMAC WITH A CLEAR LID AND IS BLACK ASH AND CORNER BRACED( i have the original manual and a set up manual)
THE ARMAGEDDON WAS ADDED IN 2003 BOUGHT FROM A FRIEND
SERIAL NO LP12 078196
SERIAL NO ARMAGEDDON 77966
PICS AT iamajughead@yahoo.co.uk
asking £1500 or best offer (go on try your luck)

Marco
06-01-2009, 21:47
Hi Ron,

Remember that the 103 you've got is not a bog standard 103, it's a very rare 103-M with a special elliptical stylus, as shown here (search on 'Denon DL-103M'):

http://www.cartridgedb.com/

For potential buyers, I know this cartridge very well and it's rather special. It has a much more detailed and refined presentation compared to the standard 103 due to its stylus profile.

For anyone looking for a truly superb cartridge that will comfortably compete with many much more expensive high-end MC designs on the market today, I suggest you snap this one up A.S.A.P. If I didn't have so many cartridges at the moment I'd be tempted myself!

For LP12 lovers, I can vouch for this particular deck having seen and heard it - it's as minty a second-hand 'classic' LP12 as you're likely to get, including the Ittok.

Marco.