PDA

View Full Version : Puresound A30

aquapiranha
05-01-2009, 17:59
I am considering a downgrade to free up some funds required for something else, so I am trying to gauge interest n my Puresound A30. It is one of the originals with the curved edges to the front fascia (which itself has a kind of satin finish). Anyone who has heard one of these amps will know how fantastic they are, and if you haven't a quick look around the internet will give you an idea of the esteem in which this amplifier is held. The amp is boxed and in excellent condition save for a very small indentation atop the right tranny cover. Price is what I paid for it, i.e. £550, please no offers as that represents excellent value. You may pick it up and I can demonstrate it here or you may want to arrange courier transport. Any questions about the amplifier I will try to answer, failing that I am sure Guy would not mind the odd question, I have spoken to him about this amplifier in the past.

Thanks! :)

Steve Toy
06-01-2009, 02:37
At that price plus Tube Distinction mods you'll get a giant-killer amp competing with stuff at 5k + costing about a third.

JLN
11-01-2009, 20:21
Just bought one of these - brilliant and service from Guy second to none - good luck with sale

aquapiranha
11-01-2009, 22:05
Just bought one of these - brilliant and service from Guy second to none - good luck with sale

It is indeed a fantastic amp. I would not be selling if I didn't need the funds for something else, no way! I am open to sensible offers I do not want the bother of ebay!

:)

aquapiranha
13-01-2009, 17:35
I have added a pic showing the very small imperfection on the tranny tower, mentioned because I like to be honest about things.

:)

aquapiranha
21-01-2009, 18:36
Now sold to Graeme! oh what have I done????

Sgt.Pepper
21-01-2009, 23:35
Sad day m8,all good kit takes a bit with them when you sell em on.
And of course you have something in mind to fill it's gap :scratch:

aquapiranha
22-01-2009, 22:50
You are not wrong m8, it was a tough decision, but I have heard an amp almost the same as it's replacement and was very very impressed. So, I am sticking with valves, well, you knew thet was coming!

here we go again
23-01-2009, 15:37
Yes - I am that lucky guy - thanks again Steve

I've been chucking jewel cases all over the place since it arrived this morning - such a beautiful punchy smooth rythmic amp - I'm doing every CD - all over again! The Audion Sterling didn't have anything like this kind of drive - the A30 just bounces along.

Yep - life is good :)

Graeme

aquapiranha
23-01-2009, 20:22
Hi Graeme, i was so glad when you told me it had arrived in one piece!

It is a very very good amp, and i will miss it, but plans are afoot, and soon I should have a worthy replacement.

Steve