PDA

View Full Version : Radlet Audio - David

MikeMusic
26-04-2012, 10:07
While we are on the David subject ......
You are probably aware I had LP12 problems after my service and new cartridge at Infidelity.
Had I been clever enough to post here I could, would have gone to David in the first place <kicks self>
Assuming Radlett Audio was in Radlett I was quite happy to make the journey.
- Course he's not is he, that was then - so I made a 2 hour drive to David.
The traffic on the M25 was not great, even for an Easter week. Traffic coming the other way was even worse !
All present and correct at 10am. Nice place. Tea, yes please.
Work out that I hadn't brought the essesntials even though I had the kitchen sink with me.
By the way David I found my BNC adaptors. Phono/BNC - exactly what we didn't want
Got the kit working at last via various bits to compare the current Dynavector to CD - horrid. CD easily out preformed the LP12 combo
Fit a Lyra Dorian - opposite
Bit quicker than I would like and no real research I decide to go for it.
At some other time I compare a Kimber KS-1011 to a Tellurium lead - bonkers, but I need to think DIN-DIN or Phono to Phono with an adaptor......
Luckily David is letting me try them both before I jump

What did I gain ?
A decent sounding LP12 again - phew.
Very interesting words from David about his career in hifi and some very interesting products that he specifically has chosen.
A Rega Isis outperforms a Naim 555 eh ?
Harbeth speakers look very ordinary but sound very good
Those manky looking speaker stands perform very well indeed
The Nottingham Audio decks worth a look sometime for sure
Pure Sound make a nice valve amp

Strikes me David has a vast amount of real world experience of hifi and we need to suck more out of him !
:-)

Thanks for the time David
I wish you were a lot closer to me. I'd come more often and maybe spend more money too