PDA

View Full Version : Reference Fidelity Components Feedback Thread

Reffc
15-04-2012, 21:10
As there are a few leads and accessories now in the RFC range, rather than people having to search each thread for examples of feedback before taking the plunge, I've started this thread where you can post your own views based on your experiences with RFC (gulp!). I will be adding some feedback received too, starting with this post:

“I have a pair of the top of the range balanced interconnects. Can’t recommend them enough. Fantastic cables and to be honest up there with high street branded cables costing a LOT more (if not even better).
I will/am definitely be using RFC’s services again and I highly recommend both RFC’s products and customer support.
Buy with confidence.
p.s. I will be ordering again in 2012.” Daz

realysm42
15-04-2012, 21:29

Reffc
15-04-2012, 22:06
Hi Martin

thanks for your feedback. The site is easy to navigate and the range is simple to follow. Low cost to high cost is one indicator of quality and performance plus the descriptions are pretty thorough so you know the specification of everything. The range is named after the major planets (Reference series) and their moons (fidelity series) as this provides an easy reference in terms of naming each lead rather than using some hard to understand abbreviation of the components. Many other manufactures choose to do the same thing.

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the picture. It is a glitch that occurred today and will be remedied.

A great deal of hard work has gone into the site and I've used small focus groups to generate feedback on the site before making changes. Of course, there's always room for improvement, and continued improvement in all areas is one of our aims. The feedback on our products speaks for itself though and having a high quality and high performance product range offered at exceptional value is drawing a great deal of repeat custom, so we are generally happy with the site.

The purpose of this thread is not to critique the website though, as I'm sure that I or most people could do a pretty effective job at offering criticism on just about every website out there. It's feedback on our products which I am keen to gather from valued customers which all helps with the aim of addressing continued improvement and it takes integrity and transparency to recognise where these things can and should be improved plus does help build confidence in RFC's products. I would appreciate it if website comments could be sent in a private PM so that people can concentrate on the product feedback as the thread is fairly explicit about feedback on products and customer service.

Reffc
15-04-2012, 22:20
Some further feedback for the thread:

“I bought a 1.5m pair of RFC’s Reference Mercury interconnects after reading good things about RFC’s leads and couldn’t be happier that I did! The difference to sound in my system over my old (expensive) leads was simply stunning! Incredible detail, a good improvement in bass depth and clarity and in soundstage focus. I now intend to rewire my entire system with RFC’s cables and all my other leads will be sold. Fantastic leads, fantastic comms, fantastic service. Incredible value for such quality and performance. Well done RFC!” Adrian

Reffc
16-04-2012, 12:03
Another:

“Here are my thoughts on the Venus.

Build quality and finish. These interconnects are lavishly built with very high spec furutech connectors, which work like a dream to provide a fantastic interface for your kit. The cable itself looks nice and meaty yet manages to remain very flexible. So far so good – how does it sound.

Sound quality. I spent a good couple of weeks assessing this cable from the output of my vpi classic turntable. The vpi has a junction box that allows the user to use standard rcas. I am running the classic with a Benz micro LPS cartridge. The rest of the system comprises a Devialet D Premier and Focal Maestro Utopias. The 1st thing that I noticed was a tremendous amount of detail coming through that hitherto had gone unnoticed. This detail was not from an overly lit treble like some famous cable brands that I have owned – it was across the spectrum. The bass has punch and weight yet remains composed. The soundstage is broad and deep. I found myself struggling to write anything down as I kept getting lost in the music rather than listening for specific traits. This in itself is what a cable should do – let the system reveal the music in all it’s glory and not subtract in any way. The Venus achieves this at a frankly bargain price and makes me reconsider the value of some very highend interconnects” Bill

hifinutt
16-04-2012, 18:28
yes using a venus between my ref 5 and monoblocks and nice piece of kit , very personal service and communication from paul
certainly yields a very good sound from the system at a reasonable price
furutech rca highly recommended as fits very well

Reffc
18-04-2012, 16:51
Thanks Phil, and thank you for being so patient whilst I eventually sorted out a set of Venus leads for you.

Reffc
18-04-2012, 16:52
another:

“The cables (RFC Pluto RCA’s) arrived this morning and some great sounds are being made. I have them connecting a DAC to a pre and they are a huge improvement over the RCAs I was using. More information seems to be getting through, so a great upgrade thank you. Just enjoying listening to music.” Mike

Reffc
27-04-2012, 11:25
Another one:

“I bought a 1.5m pair of RFC’s Reference Mercury interconnects after reading good things about RFC’s leads and couldn’t be happier that I did! The difference to sound in my system over my old (expensive) leads was simply stunning! Incredible detail, a good improvement in bass depth and clarity and in soundstage focus. I now intend to rewire my entire system with RFC’s cables and all my other leads will be sold. Fantastic leads, fantastic comms, fantastic service. Incredible value for such quality and performance. Well done RFC!” Adrian

Thank you Adrian.

Reffc
04-05-2012, 21:10
This in today from Alan who purchased a set of Reference Venus IC's, a Reference Powercord and some Talk3 speaker cable:

"Hi Paul
Just to confirm the safe arrival of my order.
Ok, so let's cut to the chase, I'm sat here listening to Natalie Merchant and the 10,000 Maniacs. Somehow she's ended up in my lounge, no idea how she obtained my address Really, these cables are new and have only been in situ for an hour, but wow, the different in realism is magical.

I'm not new to hi-end cables, having owned some pretty expensive wires from Nordost, Chord, Kimber et al, but the Venus IC is incredibly resolving of fine detail, timbre, and yes, transparency (in that you can 'see through' the notes). But IMHO, it's the increase in the presence of musical 'nuances' which are so difficult to articulate that is responsible for the crazily stupid grin on my little old face.

The performance of the powercord is something that I'm not going to try to put into words, not yet at least. Suffice to say that's it superb and excellent VFM.

I have to add that the Talk 3 spk cable is not just excellent VFM, it is simply a great spk cable, one of the finest I've owned and it's brand new so much more to come.

I will continue to enjoy the music for the new few days and next week, maybe Wed or Thurs, I will email you again with a short update.

In summary:

Would I buy more of these (and other) cables from you? Absolutely, yes!

Good customer service? No! Brilliant, the best I've had in over 25 years of buying hifi (great comms, frequent updates, a discount because of unusual delays out of your control, working solid on my order so that I, impatient as ever, received it today).

Superb products and excellent technical abilities? Yes the quality of the cables is amazing, the sheathing etc is all top notch. Audio jewellery as some might say.

And without doubt, the best VFM products I've owned - re. my earlier comment, I'm one of the 'loonies' who've owned Nordost Valhalla ICs and power cords, and when I was a Naimee, I bought 15 powerlines over a 3 year period when I was tooing and frooing between different Naim kit. Not proud of that, I might add!

I'll end by saying that the only regret is that I currently own a modest one source system (Sony XA333ES SACD player and AVI Labs int. amp into Focal 716v spks). But when I inevitably buy another pre amp and pwr amps, and then a DAC and then that Magnum Dynalab MD tuner, you can bet that it'll all be connected and powered with RFC cables.

Paul - feel free to use some/all of this email on your website. You deserve to do very well with your business.

Thanks for the moment, I must re-focus on Natalie (Yeah, I wish!)
All the best,
Alan"

Thanks to Alan and everyone who's provided feedback to date. There's a common pattern emerging regarding the Reference Venus leads feedback. They really are stunning: http://referencefidelitycomponents.c...ference-venus/ (http://referencefidelitycomponents.co.uk/products/reference-series/reference-venus/)

Reffc
18-01-2013, 06:58
Testimonials page has now updated; please see HERE (http://referencefidelitycomponents.co.uk/testimonials/)

For those who haven't yet taken time to browse the testimonials from a wide variety of customers, you'll see that there's some very consistent and very similar feedback for the interconnects purchased, and a clear pattern especially for the Reference Venus! (http://referencefidelitycomponents.co.uk/products/reference-series/reference-venus/)

tannoy man
17-12-2014, 16:59
Hello to all Tannoy DC Owners, I would not normally be so Publicly enthusiastic about a Component that had only been in my System for a Week.
This is an Exception, I have just installed a Pair of External Crossovers for My Monitor Golds.
Handmade by Paul, they are a treat for the eyes and engender a Real sense Pride in Ownership.
The Sound of my system has been Transformed, its as if Every Penny I have spent over the last Three years is there for me to hear.

This is a mandatory upgrade peeps, do yourself a favour and Buy some;)

I hope Paul will be able to Post some Pics as Windows 8 has me fkd
Thanks Paul, Money well Spent mate:)