PDA

View Full Version : Green Mountain Audio speakers

trio leo
04-04-2012, 17:40
Recently I had the pleasure of listening to some speakers I hadn't previously heard of, the first were the GMA Rio 2 ( £2,399 ), sort of retro design stand mounted speaker, they gave a beautiful performance , which I thoroughly enjoyed and very surprising bass response from a small speaker, next were the more expensive GMA Eos HX ( £4,199 ) a contemporary stand mounted design where the tweeter is able to move forwards and backwards to tune the performance to your desire, I sat to one side of the room but the imaging was central and the musical enjoyment was absolutely superb, one of the best speakers I've ever heard and to me aesthetically pleasing to look at.
The cabinets were a kind of compound structure and they were surprisingly heavy.
Well worth the listening experience if you get the chance IMO.

regards Al

brucew268
04-04-2012, 20:40
What did you enjoy about their performance, and what sort of character did they have (beyond surprising bass & interesting aesthetics)?

Was the tweeter adjustment forward and back, to allow for time alignment?

Is a dealer carrying them here? I thought I recalled them made in Colorado.

trio leo
04-04-2012, 22:29
What did you enjoy about their performance, and what sort of character did they have (beyond surprising bass & interesting aesthetics)?

Was the tweeter adjustment forward and back, to allow for time alignment?

Is a dealer carrying them here? I thought I recalled them made in Colorado.
Hello Mr Brucew268,
From past experience on this and other forums I avoid getting involved with specifics of hifi, it invites a plethora of techies to carve me up with mind numbing details I don't give a damn about.
As far as I'm aware they are true time aligned and phase coherent, beyond that a visit to the website for a full explanation might help.

As for the performance, both sets of speakers delivered the music in a very natural way and were totally non fatiguing.
Instruments were in tune and in harmony with other instruments with a beautiful natural rhythm, the bass had a lucid varying pitch that some speakers just don't do IMO.
The Eos HX lifted the performance expanding on the dexterity of the musicians and the vocals were just beautifully believable and the sound stage was constant wherever I sat.

I think the Audio Works in Cheadle are the only place you can here these speakers.

regards Al