PDA

View Full Version : Beresford TC-7240 Audio Router

Tea24
31-03-2012, 08:54
I plugged in the TC-7240 yesterday evening and there is a definite improvement in sound from either turntable; I put this down to superior build quality and components over my previous Rek-o-Kut two way switch. (Don’t get me wrong the previous switch was cheap and did a grand job for years; I have a lot of time for Mike Stosich at Esoteric – he’s a great guy, does lots for the 78rpm community and at the time it was the only switch in town).:)

Interestingly I found to start with that I was getting a hum from my Notts Analogue TT despite correct earthing, but I soon worked out that it was because the interconnect from the phono stage to pre amp was running right past the wall wart which powers the Pro-ject PSU for the Notts TT. It didn't do this with the previous switch, which must say something. Remedy? Relocate the wall wart to a plug on the opposite side and away from the mares nest of cables in my hifi cupboard and all was well. The other TT (a rebuilt Lenco GL75) plugs straight into the mains so no problem with that.:D

(I have no vested interest or relationship with Stan Beresford by the way, except one of satisfied client)

StanleyB
02-04-2012, 05:57
Hi Julian, glad to find out that the TC-7240 is doing the business :). There are so many possible uses for the TC-7240, and so far I am glad to say that it is finding its way into applications I hadn't even considered. Someone is using a TC-7240 with the analogue input on his ADC/DAC. And another guy is using it with a passive preamp to switch between a valve amp and a transistor amp.

mjw25a
26-06-2017, 11:11
Hey, I know this thread is kind of old though I hooked one of these up to my secondary system to select between the DAC and EAR 834P phono stage, and allows me to easily switch to my USB interface for recording.

Really impressed with this so far. Less expensive than the Luxman AS-4III switch in my main system, sounds as good and more flexible at a lower price point. Feels better quality too

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk