PDA

View Full Version : Testers Please

Primalsea
24-12-2008, 20:13
I sell in line attenuators on Ebay which are mainly used for reducing the output of CD players when using solid state amps.

I now have a new idea that I would like some feedback on before I list them. The pic attached are of in line interference filters. I will try to think of a more exiting name later on. The main idea behind them is that any HF that finds it way into the interconnect from the preceeding equipment or gets past the cable shielding is filtered out.

Their are benefits to this which I wont go into as there's point at this time. The best thing is to see what people think.

Here is how it works: People PM me over the next week if they're interested in trying them. I will post them out to the 1st person who will keep them for a week and then send them on to the next. Once you have an opinion about them PM me.

There are 2 ratings hence the black & white markings.

Who ever comes up with the best name for them wins them!!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section by the way.

Mike
24-12-2008, 20:22
I love you.....

This is probably the best timed 'test' I've ever come across. I'm just about to piddle about with Phono vs CD input levels to try and get some idea about input sensitivity for my 'soon to be born' pre-amp.

I'd love to be involved! :)

Primalsea
24-12-2008, 20:27
Steady on Mike! I'm sure your a nice guy and all that:).

I would send a ;) but you might get the wrong idea.

PM's would be nice but I will send to you first. PM me your address and I will send them over Xmas.

Also if you dont know how to already explain what you are doing RE: attenuating the inputs. I can show you the calculations and tell you what will probably be the best option.

Mike
24-12-2008, 20:47
PM to follow. :)

I'm looking for somthing around 6-10dB (ish) err... probably (ish) err...

I'm sure you get the idea!

muffinman
24-12-2008, 21:52
Portcullis

Historically,Portcullises fortified entrances , acting as a last line of defence during time of attack or siege.

Mike
24-12-2008, 21:54
Oi... leave yer entrance problems to yerself! :ner:

leo
27-12-2008, 12:51
If these noise blockers help filter out RFI without adding signature then they should be a worthwhile thing to try.
External noises injected into the system is becoming more common now