PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Pete
24-12-2008, 06:41
Greetings from Palmdale, California (mostly sunny, but we did manage to get 10" of snow last week) :)

Just found this site today, after doing some research on upgrades to my Technics SL-1210Mk5, and noticed a lot of info about this venerable table here.

I am a flight test engineer by trade working at Edwards AFB.

Into home theater, headphones, drag racing. Just putting together a real 2-channel rig. Done a bunch of DIY in the headphone amp arena, and built a Pass Pearl Phono.

Hope to learn a lot here, and share what I can, all the while having some fun while doing it.

Cheers,
Pete

attached a pic from work

Marco
24-12-2008, 07:23
Hi Pete,

Welcome to AOS :)

Good to see another Techy fan here. It'll probably have been some of my incoherent scribbles you noticed, being somewhat of a fan myself :eyebrows:

Very interesting job you have there!

What's the rest of your system?

Anyway, enjoy; I look forward to plenty of chats about the 1210 and anything else you feel like contributing :cool:

Marco.

Pete
24-12-2008, 07:34
Thanks Marco,

I am really tempted to play the tonearm swap game with my Technics SL-1210.

Just don't know what arm to get. SO many choices.

Going to bed now. But I'll fill you in on the details of my rig tomorrow.

I am DigiPete on head-case, head-fi and AVSForum.

Here is a quick rundown of where I am at with the vinyl rig:

http://www.head-case.org/forums/miscellaneous/5134-how-has-your-rig-changed-2008-do-you-have-any-plans-2009-a-post187754.html#post187754

Cheers
Pete

Filterlab
24-12-2008, 08:49
Hi Pete and welcome to AoS. You'll certainly be in good company with having an SL-1210.

Enjoy!

Beechwoods
24-12-2008, 20:43
Hi Pete. Welcome!

PS. Sounds like you have a fantastic day job :)

Pete
25-12-2008, 05:18
Hi Pete. Welcome!

PS. Sounds like you have a fantastic day job :)

I like it. Have a couple for Brits working in my group too, on exchange from Boscombe Down.