PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Gruntings from the Wazzer

The Grand Wazoo
22-12-2008, 12:38
One of my favouite winter pastimes is bastardising Christmas cards.

I thought that perhaps you might like this rough approximation of one I sent this year.........

http://theartofsound.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=170&d=1229949349

Filterlab
22-12-2008, 12:40
Nice, I love captioning stuff. Merry Chrimble!

The Grand Wazoo
22-12-2008, 12:47
In an attempt show up the moderators of this forum as tight gits (still waiting for my prize for the (admittedly) unannounced Christmas banner competition guys!!!!) I hereby anounce that there will be the prize of a turntable related item (or maybe two) for the best alternative caption.

muffinman
22-12-2008, 18:36
1/. Hark! the star guides the way to the wondrous place
2/. it f**kin better do - they ate alans' camel at the last gaff

Ali Tait
22-12-2008, 21:07
1-"Hark at the wonderous music emanating from yonder star"!

2-"yes,it's my new full-range drivers.Great aren't they?"

muffinman
22-12-2008, 21:31
1/ .....something beginning with...S
2/ oh for f....

The Grand Wazoo
22-12-2008, 22:07
1/ .....something beginning with...S
2/ oh for f....

:lolsign:

Primalsea
22-12-2008, 22:12
Bethlehem my arse, that's Bagdad.

And that's a bloody smart bomb we've been following.

The Grand Wazoo
23-12-2008, 00:49
Some who view and belong to this Forum may/will be offended by this type of humour.

I for one as a Christian do not mind humour/satire but not aimed at the core tenants of my faith. Please keep it clean and not an attack on God and how he put/heralded his plan of salvation for all of us into action.

Thank you D Louth ---- Neil :)

This absolutely must not get into an argument about religion or beliefs - if it's going to happen, then it can happen elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

However,
No. 1. So far, I don't think there has been an attack upon anyone's God.

No. 2. If the scene depicted in the original posting (& plenty of others that you apparently believe in) did happen, I promise you there would have been swearing..........and lots of it.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand.............

How about this for a caption?

"See Mr D'Agostino, even 'HE' uses valves"

........just a thought...........

muffinman
23-12-2008, 13:39
"See Mr D'Agostino, even 'HE' uses valves"

nice.
were you saving that one up, or did it come to you in a flash of divine inspiration?:)

good for you re: the religion thing btw.
i battled with myself over a reply but couldn't find the balls to press 'submit'

greenhomeelectronics
23-12-2008, 15:15
"When you said you were taking me out for a night with the stars I thought you meant them off the telly".

i'll get me coat.
Merry Christmas to one and all,
Dave.

The Grand Wazoo
23-12-2008, 16:19
nice.
were you saving that one up, or did it come to you in a flash of divine inspiration?:)

good for you re: the religion thing btw.
i battled with myself over a reply but couldn't find the balls to press 'submit'

It just popped into my head. I just thought I'd better get it in before someone else thought of it!

On religion - I don't put much store in any kind of fable myself, but if others do, that's fine with me. I just happen to think they're wrong.

The Caption Competition closes at one minute past midnight on Boxing Day.
KEEP 'EM COMING!!

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 17:14
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/Card1.jpg

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 17:20
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/Card2.jpg

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 17:30
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/Card3.jpg

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 17:39
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/Card4.jpg

Mike
23-12-2008, 19:06
Looks like you're making a serious effort to with 'the prize' rob!

there will be the prize of a turntable related item (or maybe two) for the best alternative caption

What the hell are ya gonna do with it Digital Boy??? :lol:

The Grand Wazoo
23-12-2008, 19:14
Now, now, it's the taking part that counts...............

Marco
23-12-2008, 19:18
Oi, some of us are practicing Catholics, you know! :eyebrows:

Oh, and "hor d'oeuvres" is spelled and written thus: '"Hors d'œuvres" ;)

Otherwise, jolly good! :lol:

Marco.

Mike
23-12-2008, 19:22
Now, now, it's the taking part that counts...............

Yes, but there's always room for mockery! :lolsign:

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 19:36
Looks like you're making a serious effort to with 'the prize' rob!

What the hell are ya gonna do with it Digital Boy??? :lol:

Sell it on eBay. :)

Oi, some of us are practicing Catholics, you know! :eyebrows:

Oh, and "hor d'oeuvres" is spelled and written thus: '"Hors d'œuvres" ;)

Otherwise, jolly good! :lol:

Marco.

Smarmy git, I know fine well it is! As I used a graphics editor rather than a script based text application the condensed o & e wasn't possible - but of course you'd know that. :lol:

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 19:36
Yes, but there's always room for mockery! :lolsign:

I believe it's the law. :)

Marco
23-12-2008, 19:49
Smarmy git, I know fine well it is! As I used a graphics editor rather than a script based text application the condensed o & e wasn't possible - but of course you'd know that.

Absolutely. I have somewhat of a penchant for graphics editors, but only if they're pink and sparkly with 'soft touch' buttons :flasher:

Anyway, we both know it's really 'Horse's doofers'.

Marco.

Beechwoods
23-12-2008, 19:55
Oooh. Bet you copied that from somewhere on the net!

On my Mac (different one to the flaky one that double posted) I can do it with an Option-Q press (Rob, remember this and you won't be embarrassed again!)

Here it is for future reference

œ œ it's off to work wœ gœ

:interesting:

Filterlab
23-12-2008, 20:14
Absolutely. I have somewhat of a penchant for graphics editors, but only if they're pink and sparkly with 'soft touch' buttons :flasher:

Anyway, we both know it's really 'Horse's doofers'.

Marco.

I think you'll find it's "Whore's duvet".

On my Mac (different one to the flaky one that double posted) I can do it with an Option-Q press (Rob, remember this and you won't be embarrassed again!)

Here it is for future reference

œ œ it's off to work wœ gœ

:interesting:

I can do that, but I can't implement non UK text into the graphics editor (the one I used).

Beechwoods
23-12-2008, 20:25
Booh. I must admit that I haven't found a really good free / shareware graphics editor for the Mac yet. I use GraphicsConvertor when I have to. I also have a little tool called PopCharX which helps find and input odd-characters into any other app. Try it, it may be useful for you. Can't remember if it's free or not :)

Filterlab
24-12-2008, 08:52
I have GraphicConverter which is fairly useful along with various other bits of software (including Appleworks from OS9 which still runs very well), although like you I've never managed to find a good little package without spending a fortune. I'll have a look at PopCharX, cheers.

I'm currently spending lots of time downloading some 96/24 tracks from iTrax.com - as they state; "iTunes for adults". :)

Beechwoods
24-12-2008, 14:45
I'll have to check out iTrax. My passion is for recordings of live shows - I spend a lot of time downloading FLAC and Shorten stuff via BitTorrent... I still prefer physical media for official releases, but live and unofficial stuff is different. But it's all gotta be lossless :)

anthonyTD
24-12-2008, 16:44
YOU LOT REALY NEED TO GET OUT MORE :lol:
:lolsign:

Beechwoods
24-12-2008, 17:28
I have 2 kids - 18 months and 3 years. Getting out means going to the local kids playground before they go into meltdown! This stuff keeps me sane!

Primalsea
24-12-2008, 17:48
Tell me about it! When we get rid of the kids for the night we go to bed early to sleep knowing that we wont be woken in the morning.

Filterlab
24-12-2008, 20:00
I'll have to check out iTrax. My passion is for recordings of live shows - I spend a lot of time downloading FLAC and Shorten stuff via BitTorrent... I still prefer physical media for official releases, but live and unofficial stuff is different. But it's all gotta be lossless :)

It's exceptional stuff. Tony from Coherent put me on to it when we had a chat the other night (man, does he know some stuff!). The quality is mind bending, it does take a little fiddling with Audio Midi Set-up to get the best from it (i.e. 2ch-24bit & 96.000khz with the DAC accepting the signal) but it's DEFINITELY worth it. The sample download track is a multi vocalist piece and it will blow your mind.

Anyway, very drunk now so will type less in tonight's posts. :)

Beechwoods
24-12-2008, 20:31
Wow. Some great stuff in the Acoustic / Guitar section. Definitely gonna have to download a few of these, Rob.