PDA

View Full Version : Mark Grant G1500HD Precision audio cable Precision audio cable

ledzep
21-02-2012, 20:05
Wow got my new G1500HD Precision audio cables from Mark, Instant improvement straight away,the soundstage opened up big time, more detailed top end and a tighter bass and they have yet to settle in,I thoroughly recommend Marks cables,and such a nice chap to talk to aswell ,you really cant go wrong with these cables,these do absolute wonders. Cheers Mark :D

Mark Grant
22-02-2012, 18:15
Thanks Dan,

Pleased you like the cables and the service :)

Mark.

ledzep
22-02-2012, 18:20
Bloody love them Mark,great cables !!!

jandl100
25-02-2012, 07:46
.... Instant improvement straight away,the soundstage opened up big time, more detailed top end and a tighter bass ....

Compared to what previous cables? A damp piece of string or some multi-£k hi-tech wonder? ... or probably something in-between! :)

I must admit I am interested in trying some of Mark's interconnects!

Tarzan
25-02-2012, 10:30
Compared to what previous cables? A damp piece of string or some multi-£k hi-tech wonder? ... or probably something in-between! :)

Thought you had Jerry:scratch:

jandl100
25-02-2012, 10:55
Ah right, yep - I had some of the early MG cables - when he used Belden 1694a cable. Not very good, imo, even though they were AOS faves at the time. :whistle:

I suspect the MG cables have come along in leaps & bounds since then.

I recently bought a MG mains cable, but not gotten around to giving it a proper listen yet.

chris@panteg
25-02-2012, 11:05

I have a GHD1000 and it compares very well with the Paul Greenfield Classique sounds silver i have here ! But it sounds slightly different but not better ! I like both and prefer the Classique with my Yamaha DVDS2700 :)

DaveK
25-02-2012, 11:12

So what's stopping you? With a 30 day no quibbles audition period, a reputation for both products and service like Mark's got, why the procrastination? ;) .
And no, I'm not on commission :lol: .
Dave.

jandl100
25-02-2012, 11:52
Well :scratch: ...... I'm very happy with the cables I already have, I guess!

... and I'm trying to figure out if I actually want to be convinced that the MG interconnects with the mega-expensive plugs are actually worth it! :lol:

SquireC
25-02-2012, 16:39

... and I'm trying to figure out if I actually want to be convinced that the MG interconnects with the mega-expensive plugs are actually worth it! :lol:

Well, I'm convinced. They're the gorillas for me. They let the music flow.;)

Covenant
25-02-2012, 16:51

Sorry to thread crap-Jerry is Gordon Sinclair still around? I wanted to try his silver cables.

wee tee cee
25-02-2012, 16:57
I run a 1500 interconnect between dac and pre, Mark made me up 1500 bi amp cables to let me run four temple audio mono blocks at awkward lengths. I fitted them and have never felt the need to change them. They dont do anything that draws attention to them negatively ....lovely and neutral.
Great guy to deal with... trade in service/return policy , in our hobby its a no brainer...you get to play and if its worth your pocket money sonically the guy makes a sale and builds his business.
The only cables I have sent back have been to upgrade.

Gazjam
23-05-2012, 21:28
Having heard it for myself...

there is a BIG step up from Mark's G1000HDs to the G2000's with the WBTs (Non Silver)
The plugs make all the difference.

Not heard the 1500's

Reid Malenfant
23-05-2012, 21:37
Not heard the 1500's
I have five of them on the output of my Oppo BD player feeding an ARC MP1 pre amp. I don't need six as I don't run a sub, the speakers are good enough :)

I have zero compulsion to change them & you may have noticed I do listen to quite a bit of 5.1 encoded discs, be it CDs, DVDs, blu rays or SACDs :eyebrows:

They are going nowhere very fast indeed, while I'm sure that Marks more expensive cables may reveal a little more detail, these are keeping me very happy indeed :cool:

Chops
24-05-2012, 05:04
They are going nowhere very fast indeed, while I'm sure that Marks more expensive cables may reveal a little more detail, these are keeping me very happy indeed :cool:

I have Mark's Oyaide FTVS-510 I/c's and found them to be much more revealing. That's what I prefer and wouldn't go back to Mark's 2000s, which they replaced. Lot more spondoolies though.

Chris

clap
24-05-2012, 14:20

imo, the wbt plugs are worth it.

clap
24-05-2012, 14:23
I have Mark's Oyaide FTVS-510 I/c's and found them to be much more revealing. That's what I prefer and wouldn't go back to Mark's 2000s, which they replaced. Lot more spondoolies though.

Chris

I have these too, hence my comment about the plugs being good. I am very very impressed with these i/c's. Not a hint of brightness. Plenty of bass. Loads of detail but still very musical.

The problem is that I now want another two sets costing £630 :eek:

Marco
24-05-2012, 14:25
Trust me, Jerry, the WBT 0110Ags are what raises the bar considerably with Mark's cables.

If you try them with those plugs, you'll be quite shocked at the improvement they give!!

Marco.