PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

A$$A-Pub
08-02-2008, 00:09
Hello Everyone:
I'm Mark, and in my spare time I'm the publisher of Affordable$$Audio. I'm always looking for more writers (volunteer effort).

It's my firm belief that audio forums are the best way to keep our hobby growing.

Cheers,
Mark

jimdgoulding
08-02-2008, 06:22
Hi Mark- I know your publication from Audio Circle in the US and I believe that I've seen a couple of your posts. Sure would like to get a shot at those Totem Mites, but that's beside the point, I just wanted to say hello and offer my best wishes. Maybe you would entertain an article from me? About my lamented San Francisco haunt from the day, The Jazz Workshop, or a white paper on diffraction and it's evils. Regardless, keep up the good work. Jim

Marco
08-02-2008, 09:10
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum :)

Glad you're on board at last. Hope to hear a lot more from you.

Marco.

Filterlab
08-02-2008, 11:18
Hi Mark and a very big welcome.

Sorry about the entry issues, couldn't have been a worse time to join!

However, you're here now!! :D

A$$A-Pub
08-02-2008, 14:44
No problem guys, just glad to have more people to discuss our wonderful hobby with, especially with those of you on the east side of the pond. You're the lucky ones, as it appears that 2 channel is still growing. Sadly, it's a different story here in the states.

Filterlab
08-02-2008, 15:03
No problem guys, just glad to have more people to discuss our wonderful hobby with, especially with those of you on the east side of the pond. You're the lucky ones, as it appears that 2 channel is still growing. Sadly, it's a different story here in the states.

There's still a great demand for two channel here, problem is all the best stuff comes from the US now in my opinion. Once I change my power amp I'll have an all US system. :)

Steve Toy
08-02-2008, 16:42
I have a Spectral preamplifier and in terms of resolution and dynamics there's not a lot to touch it.

Avalon speakers are also more than worth a mention.

The Yanks do indeed make some fine kit.

A$$A-Pub
08-02-2008, 19:32
I've heard some terrific things about the Spectral, and I was lucky enough to hear the Avalon's once, quite smooth performer IMHO.