PDA

View Full Version : Any news about TC-7300?

audionewbi
17-01-2012, 06:30
Hey guys I read a while back that Beresford is planning to release a dedicated amp. Any news, any update or anything related to that amp or the expectation you have from that amp please share with us here.

audionewbi
17-01-2012, 06:32
My expectation is hopefully in terms of size I can place it on the top of the caiman and it maybe be a hybrid amp with enough juice to drive hard to drive cans like k70x.

It be nice if it can have two headphone jack connection, one for different ohm cans.

StanleyB
17-01-2012, 18:36
I am trying out the circuit in the Bushmaster first. Drives my K701 and HD800 without any problems. The separate TC-7300 will follow later.

technobear
18-01-2012, 16:52
I hope it will have useful features like:

Bass boost - say 3dB and 6dB

Crossfeed - mild, medium and heavy

Balanced inputs on XLRs (as well as single-ended of course)

Available in black

12V power requirement (for compatibility with caravans, motorhomes, etc)

Stepped attenuator or chip volume control - anything but a pot!

6.3mm headphone sockets

I don't think there is an amp out there currently that ticks all these boxes - at least I haven't found one yet.

audionewbi
20-01-2012, 03:45
I hope a flagship product is made. I dont mind saving and paying for a device if it is truly worth it.

I own gatorized caiman. I really want to know how much more improvement I can get from the Bushmaster. I like the sound which I get from caiman when I pair it with the k702 and ER4S. I was planning to buy burson dedicated amp but after hearing about this new project I decided I might hold my breathe a little while longer , i know it is painful but it is worth the pain :D

audionewbi
20-01-2012, 07:25
This might be a silly dream but I hope one day you decide to build a portable amplifier with the exact sound signature as the Caiman gatorized.

I urge anyone who owns ER4S to have a listen to it from Caiman Catorized.

Can you please recommend me portable amp( if you know of any) which will make my ER4S sound like caiman, many thanks in advance.

dave2010
20-01-2012, 07:30
I hope it will have useful features like:

Bass boost - say 3dB and 6dB

Crossfeed - mild, medium and heavy

Balanced inputs on XLRs (as well as single-ended of course)

Available in black

12V power requirement (for compatibility with caravans, motorhomes, etc)

Stepped attenuator or chip volume control - anything but a pot!

6.3mm headphone sockets

I don't think there is an amp out there currently that ticks all these boxes - at least I haven't found one yet.Crossfeed? Do you mean a stereo blend control? If ao, why not have it continuous, and even allow widening as well as narrowing. Maybe you meant something else. Heck though, it's an amp not a signal processing unit.

A channel swap over feature would be useful for odd occasions when the channels are reversed. If we're going to look at more odd features, then phase reverse on channel might very occasionally be useful. If there were phase reverse on both channels, then anyone who wanted to check out absolute phase could play with that too, thiugh my hunch is that no one can really tell the difference with both channels phase reversed.

technobear
20-01-2012, 11:58
Crossfeed? Do you mean a stereo blend control? If ao, why not have it continuous...

That would require variable capacitors and pots.

Pots are evil.

RichB
20-01-2012, 12:33
:eek: A Bersford Amp??? Yes please.

Mr.Ian
21-01-2012, 16:26
My Pre Amp offers

Channel Reverse
Phase Reverse
Mute
Left Mute
Right Mute
Dim (volume reduced)

oh and the ability to play multiple sources at the same time - cant remember ever using that.

and it can switch between single ended and balanced on every input/output too

:eek:

audionewbi
22-01-2012, 02:03
Lets hope for realistic features which actually more than a handful of people would want to use.

audionewbi
28-06-2012, 10:56
Any new updates on this? I have stopped myself on many occasion from buying an amp simply because back of my mind I know TC-7300 is possibly on its way.

Darren
28-06-2012, 16:17
:ner:Stan had decided to concentrate his efforts on cold fusion home reactor and the statement DAC which so many of us are eagerly awaiting.

So you headphone geeks have lost out.........Soz!:lol::eyebrows:

StanleyB
29-06-2012, 06:34
A simplified version of the TC-7300 is used in the Bushmaster as the headphone amplification stage. The full TC-7300 is still under R&D. The "additional" facilities are taking some time to complete.

audionewbi
29-06-2012, 11:57
O crap :-( Would I hear any imporvement on the headphone section of the Bushmaster considering I am coming from the caiman gator?

Any ETA on the TC-7300?

StanleyB
30-06-2012, 06:09
Yes you'll hear an improvement.
ETA? Next 12 months.

audionewbi
05-10-2012, 08:29
*cough cough*

:D

Yea waiting is hard :(

StanleyB
05-10-2012, 09:58
Quite a few people have written to me to say that the price of the BM with its headphone output ability is comparable to a stand alone headphone amp with very similar performance.
So if it is a specific reason that you need just a headphone amp, email me and let me know. Items like the Fiio and others make it difficult to compete at the bottom end at the market unless I sell container like quantities.

Mr.Ian
03-11-2012, 10:17
After my very favourable experiences with the variable output mod on Bushmaster I have been giving some more thought to what I would like in a pre and came up with this.......

Base
Manual Volume Control
Balance control
Inputs

4+ line
AV loop in/out/monitor
AV by pass
Variable Output x 2

Upgrades
Relay stepped attenuator
Remote volume control
Subwoofer Crossover