PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands

Fi-Wi
03-12-2008, 18:22
Hi all,

I registered to AOS yesterday, after I found a thread about the Beresford's 7510 that I own.

My interest in hifi-sound has grown since I own a Squeezbox that feeds my Yamaha RX-V1300 receiver and Chario Syntar 200 fronts, rears and Dialoque center. With that I have a MJ Acoustics pro50 sub to complete it.

Not really a high end system but it works for me. Especially with the Beresford 7510 between my SB and the receiver. Very positive about the cheap NVA sound chord as well.

Hope to read a lot of interesting things here of AOS!

John
03-12-2008, 18:33
Hi
Welcome
Does not matter if its high medium end or low end as long as you enjoy the music
What is your name and where abouts do you live in Holland sometimes travel to Holland for the odd music festival
John

Fi-Wi
03-12-2008, 18:51
Thank you, you are right.

My name is Steven and I live in Utrecht, the Netherlands.

Filterlab
03-12-2008, 21:38
Hi Steven, welcome to AoS.

As John said, it doesn't matter what system you own, it matters only that it does what you want and you enjoy the music it plays.

Nice to have you here, get stuck in and enjoy. :)

Fi-Wi
04-12-2008, 07:30
Thanx!

StanleyB
04-12-2008, 07:58
Hi Steven,

welcome to AoS:). It is always nice to see one of my customers joining up after finding a loyal band of like minded folks on this BB.
When I was a youngsters we used to say "We spelen hier met dubbeltjes en stuivers". Unfortunately I don't know if you know what those are.
Pull up your chair, put on the koffie, and dig out the Rizzla. Marokkaans is ook prima:eyebrows:.

Marco
04-12-2008, 10:15
Hehehehe... What are you like? :eyebrows:

Welcome to AOS, Steven!

Marco.

anthonyTD
04-12-2008, 11:04
welcome steven.:)
anthony,TD...

Fi-Wi
04-12-2008, 17:49
Hi Steven,

welcome to AoS:). It is always nice to see one of my customers joining up after finding a loyal band of like minded folks on this BB.
When I was a youngsters we used to say "We spelen hier met dubbeltjes en stuivers". Unfortunately I don't know if you know what those are.
Pull up your chair, put on the koffie, and dig out the Rizzla. Marokkaans is ook prima:eyebrows:.
Haha, I am 37. I still HAVE some dubbeltjes and stuivers (dimes and nickels for the non-dutch-speaking in here).

BTW I gave up smoking a long time ago. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Filterlab
05-12-2008, 22:41
...dubbeltjes and stuivers (dimes and nickels for the non-dutch-speaking in here)...

I think that goes for most of us. :lol:

Fi-Wi
06-12-2008, 09:12
I think that goes for most of us. :lol:

That's ok, you are never too old to learn. ;) Good thing is we are tought English from kindergarten.

StanleyB
06-12-2008, 14:25
I guess a few people might be a bit confused about this dubbeltjes en stuivers bit. It's a figure of speech where I come from, and means that we only have loose change to play with:) in support of our hobby.

As for learning English at kindergarten: I am afraid that we are not so lucky in the UK. Many UK kids leave primary school, unable to read or write English properly. Maybe we should apply the Dutch system and start teaching kids English from nursery:scratch:.

Primalsea
06-12-2008, 20:27
Oi Stan Eye am very upset about what u said there. I am proud to be English and proud of my skoolin. You disin me & it aint funni. I thought u were my M8.

StanleyB
07-12-2008, 17:57
Oi Stan Eye am very upset about what u said there. I am proud to be English and proud of my skoolin. You disin me & it aint funni. I thought u were my M8.
:lolsign: