PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if theres a thread on all in one systems on here on not so here goes

dantheman91
03-01-2012, 17:26
Hi

i have just bought a technics dv280 stereo system its a big bugger and was to spec when came out in the late 1990's and i belive the price was £700. it features dolby surround and luck would have it it came with all cables and romote and box. i have been playing it and im quite suprised with surround through it and i also put my 40 phillps tv through it with the dvd player. also been playing the cd multi changer with a couple of tunes and thats also good. the bass is shaking all around me also rattling the windows. anyone quess the price i paid. no prizes unfortunatly.

i know you guys probobly think im mad for buying this.

Dan

Alex_UK
03-01-2012, 17:47
All good fun Dan - I love mucking around with any gadgets!

anyone quess the price i paid.

£30?

i know you guys probobly think im mad for buying this.

We're all mad Dan - don't you remember you had to confirm when you first signed up? ;)

dantheman91
03-01-2012, 18:01
Hi

Close £40. i love playing round with these things i think i need to buy more from car boots etc.

hifi_dave
04-01-2012, 13:23
I don't know how you guys do it. When ever I visit car boot sales or charity shops, all there is, I wouldn't have as a gift, let alone buy it..:doh:

Jac Hawk
04-01-2012, 17:15
well i got this for just over a fiver off ebay a few months back
Apart from a dirty power switch and a dodgy fuse it was in A1 condition, a clean an a new fuse was all it took for it to sound fab

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb371/jachawk9000/IMAG0043.jpg

Reid Malenfant
04-01-2012, 17:27
Nice one Mike, I really like those little micro components :eyebrows: Got an earlier version of that Pre & Power amp here myself :)

dantheman91
04-01-2012, 18:00
Hi

Buy and selling what im doing at the moment. i can make a pretty tidy profit on it on the bay.

Dan

Jac Hawk
04-01-2012, 21:36
I don't think that's difficult at the moment Dan, ebay prices have been getting steadily more outrageous over the last year, to a point now where it's cheaper to buy stuff in the shops

Beobloke
19-01-2012, 08:41
Well, here's my latest candidate for an all-in-one system that I picked up last night - a lovely Garrard GA200 music centre.

Amplifier, tuner with presets, cassette deck and a Garrard record deck in a lovely 70s-tastic style. Built like a tank, weighs a ton and only cost me £20!

Marco
19-01-2012, 10:40
Love it, but does it work - or am I being picky? :lol:

Marco.

Beobloke
19-01-2012, 12:50
Yep, radio, record deck and cassette deck all work, although the cassette is a bit wobbly, so could probably do with some new belts.

Even came with instruction manual, service manual and original brochure (which are probably worth more than the thing itself to be honest...)

Marco
19-01-2012, 15:15
Result, then! Are you bringing it to Scalford? ;)

Marco.

Beobloke
19-01-2012, 16:25
I am tempted, but the room I have might only just be big enough for the system I'm bringing. Also it doesn't fit in with my 1980s themed system this year!

On the other hand, if people think it would be of interest in the C.A.C. room, I'll happily drop it off.

Marco
19-01-2012, 16:46
On the other hand, if people think it would be of interest in the C.A.C. room, I'll happily drop it off.

Dunno about the other guys, but I'd say a big YES to that! :)

Marco.

Jac Hawk
20-01-2012, 22:45
Well, here's my latest candidate for an all-in-one system that I picked up last night - a lovely Garrard GA200 music centre.

Amplifier, tuner with presets, cassette deck and a Garrard record deck in a lovely 70s-tastic style. Built like a tank, weighs a ton and only cost me £20!

Didn't Dynatron make one just like that? i'm sure they did, and you're right they do weigh rather a lot;)

dantheman91
16-02-2015, 22:00
Buying a Technics SC-DV290 tommorrow well you always need something for a bedroom :sofa:

Oddball
06-03-2015, 15:08
Well folks , not content with tinkering with my 1978 vintage Triumph system (Currys own brand , Hitachi /Rotel / Marantz made) , I have gone and bought a near complete HMV 8000 series stack.

Not sure what possessed me , some grainy pictures on Fleabay , and a long lost recollection this was a system I passed by in 78 ,for the Currys one!! Seem to recall Rumbelows sold them in our town of Whitchurch , and because there was a total absence of any quality HI Fi shops I knew of as an 18 -19 yr old , then a system was the way forward:rolleyes:

A bid of £65 was shot down by a sniper with £68 ,so I was resigned to losing it , only to get a second chance offer ! Badgered 2 mates over the other side of the country to pick it up ,and the other to hawk it to Shropshire in his works van :eyebrows:
Its in a crappy stack cabinet but the unit itself is in VGC , and judging by the envelope full of instruction books and ads for it , a DD turntable with ADC pedigree ,but badged BSR , a M75-6s Cart , a 40 watt amp ,cassette player and Tuner , very retro .
All leads , 2 record brushes , a cassette cleaning gadget and tools , an interesting dust tracker , and all that need to happen now is for me to collect some Akai speakers I bought for 99p locally ,which need refoaming (woofers certainly) an I will have 2 systems from 1978 !!

Somebody Stop Me , in the immortal words of Jim Carey!!
I have only ever had the one amp/ system in 36 yrs and now I go and by another :doh:

When I have a minute I will post some pics . I will take a few of the amp inside too ,for good measure:)
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/anthyyyyy/IMG_0002_zpsdv1rvqtj.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/anthyyyyy/media/IMG_0002_zpsdv1rvqtj.jpg.html)
Heres an advertising shot

The Barbarian
06-03-2015, 15:33
My fav stereo was made up of the Uher 'Paco' componets in Orange ofc :)

Oddball
22-03-2015, 17:42
Very nice Barbarian :drool:
Heres a pic of the HMV fired up. I wish it had the quality of yours !!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/anthyyyyy/002_zpspugxxutx.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/anthyyyyy/media/002_zpspugxxutx.jpg.html)