PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark DAC1 available for demo in central London

MAD
01-12-2008, 19:23
Have you heard about the Benchmark DAC1, it is a regarded as the best DAC regardless of price. It has very little 'sound' of its own"; "startling clarity from top to bottom of the frequency spectrum, high resolution that revealed great detail and always provided a tremendous sense of space, and cleanliness without any of the hash or edginess that are often associated with lower-cost digital."

Now it is available on demo at the MAD shop see www.madengland.com, and on sale at our e-shop with 30days home trail. The better news is it is on special offer @ just £699 plus a free MAD MySweety Cable worth £249.

leo
01-12-2008, 20:03
Best dac available , I think this is going to cause some debate:eyebrows:

StanleyB
01-12-2008, 20:12
Maybe Jerry can get one on loan and judge if it is a match for my more realistically priced option:).

leo
01-12-2008, 20:20
Maybe Jerry can get one on loan and judge if it is a match for my more realistically priced option:).

That would make good reading!

I can't compare it against my stuff because mines diy based but a comparison against another commercial unit like the Beresford would be very interesting:smoking:

BTW yes I have heard the Benchmark in my own system

Filterlab
01-12-2008, 20:41
The Benchmark is certainly a staggeringly good DAC, the first time I heard one was at a hi-fi show, it was sitting between a laptop and a NuForce pre/power combination - simply amazing with so much air and space. However when I came to purchase I found mine to be slightly more to my liking, but there's no doubt the Benchmark is very very good indeed.

Magna Audio
24-03-2009, 13:11
I've had a Benchmark Dac1 in my system for a while.
Very etched, dynamic and detailed sound, good stereo separation.
Others also sound good and at level it is down to personal taste / shape of sound rather than good / bad.