PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Alex Nikitin
25-11-2008, 22:23
I am new to this forum, however I am not new to Hi-Fi Sound. From 1993 till 2002 I was Chief Engineer at Creek Audio Limited and will gladly answer questions on Creek Audio products made over these years. Now I am working as a Senior Design Engineer in industrial electronics and at the same time manufacture hi-fi equipment from home, under the name of A.N.T Audio. Please visit my home page for more information.

Alex

Filterlab
25-11-2008, 22:51
Hi Alex and a big welcome aboard! Nice to have chaps involved in the industry with us, and I'm sure you'll have a few questions fired your way.

I should add here that my first 'proper' hi-fi amp was a 4140 S3, great little amp it was and I have fond memories of it. I remember chucking to myself on many an occasion when friends would visit and I'd show them this tiny black and green wooden box with a knob and four buttons on it. They would stand looking perplexed as to why I'd spent a (relative) fortune on it, that was until I played them some 'Digital Orgasm' from my Marantz CD through the Creek into my Tannoy Mercury S Golds. :lol: 'Jaw dropping' just isn't a strong enough term to describe it.

Anyway, a little anecdote to get you on the way. :)

Alex Nikitin
25-11-2008, 23:41
I should add here that my first 'proper' hi-fi amp was a CS4140 S3, great little amp it was and I have fond memories of it. I remember chucking to myself on many an occasion when friends would visit and I'd show them this tiny black and green wooden box with a knob and four buttons on it. They would stand looking perplexed as to why I'd spent a (relative) fortune on it, that was until I played them some 'Digital Orgasm' from my Marantz CD through the Creek into my Tannoy Mercury S Golds. :lol: 'Jaw dropping' just isn't a strong enough term to describe it.

Anyway, a little anecdote to get you on the way. :)

Thank you! Thought CS4140 S3 was made before my time at Creek, it was a very nice amp - I've repaired a few. It certainly can make music! Some Japanese guys wanted Mike to remake it with exactly the same sound and we did a reasonable copy about 8 years ago, but I think this project did not progress any further. Old Creek amps are still in use and sell quite well on a second-hand market. I was quite pleased few days ago when 4330 (already my design) went for £165 on ebay.

Alex

Marco
26-11-2008, 08:06
Hi Alex,

Welcome to AOS! I presume Mr Cawley has introduced you? :)

I had the pleasure of listening to your superb phono stage on Monday and I was very impressed indeed both with the MM and MC version. Sonically, it represents quite remarkable value for money and I will be recommending it to potential buyers.

Anyway, get stuck in and contribute to discussions. It's great to have another manufacturer on board, particularly someone who used to work for a highly regarded and successful British hi-fi company. I've always loved Creek products and have used quite a few of them in the past. I do prefer the old black and green colour combo and older design though rather than the new stuff, in an aesthetic sense, but both sound great.

Do you have a website yet for A.N.T Audio? If so, have a word with Rob and we'll get it in our Links Box.

Marco.

Filterlab
26-11-2008, 09:52
Do you have a website yet for A.N.T Audio? If so, have a word with Rob and we'll get it in our Links Box.

Already sorted matey! ;)

Marco
26-11-2008, 10:22
Nice one, dude. Did John from Audio Innovation mail you with his logo?

Marco.

Alex Nikitin
26-11-2008, 11:34
Marco and Rob, thanks!

It was indeed Dave who mentioned this forum. He now has my phono stages in stock.

Alex

Filterlab
26-11-2008, 13:13
Nice one, dude. Did John from Audio Innovation mail you with his logo?

Marco.

I don't recall seeing it, however my AoS mail account goes straight to my Mac at home so I won't get it until this evening. I'll check later on.

Marco and Rob, thanks!

It was indeed Dave who mentioned this forum. He now has my phono stages in stock.

Alex

Our pleasure Alex. :)

John
26-11-2008, 17:44
Welcome I am really looking forward to you sharing your knowledge and wisdom

Beechwoods
26-11-2008, 21:31
Hi Alex, pleased to meet you.